NEurope

There is far to much repetition in britsh indie. There are a few genuinely good bands doing different things, but then there are huge numbers of bands playing exactly the same thing.

American indie seems to be far more loosely defined so has much more variety. Both have their high points, but I think american indie gives you far more.

Hmm.

A lot of my friends hold the view that British indie (and maybe music in general, but tends to be about indie) is superior to American. And I can see where they're coming at and I do like several British indie bands but frankly I'm sick of hearing about how shit this country is. I don't like this country and I do want to move but can songwriters in this country not think of anything else to sing about?

Anyone care to share in the British vs American indie debate? Or just discuss British indie in general?

Most American music is gash.

There is far to much repetition in britsh indie. There are a few genuinely good bands doing different things, but then there are huge numbers of bands playing exactly the same thing.

American indie seems to be far more loosely defined so has much more variety. Both have their high points, but I think american indie gives you far more.

QFT FTW! :bowdown:

Hmm.

A lot of my friends hold the view that British indie (and maybe music in general, but tends to be about indie) is superior to American. And I can see where they're coming at and I do like several British indie bands but frankly I'm sick of hearing about how shit this country is. I don't like this country and I do want to move but can songwriters in this country not think of anything else to sing about?

Anyone care to share in the British vs American indie debate? Or just discuss British indie in general?

British indie is such a pile of derivative shit. there's a difference between capturing the essence of normal life and infusing it in to a good lyric (stand up Jarvis Cocker and Alex Turner) and simply writing shit songs about real life with the rhyme scheme you learned in primary school (stand up The Kaiser Chiefs, Razorlight, Hard Fi, Every Fucking Band Who Would Willingly Take It Anally From Doherty). Sadly, the british public, in their wisdom, have decided to endorse the latter.

I don't know why.

Is there anyone left? Are you out there? lets go form a refuge and escape from these fucking dolts and teach our offspring poetry and language, and nothing about kebab shops.

ps. Klaxons suck dick and need to be punched in the eye, but for different reasons.

My copy of the Yeah yeah yeahs new EP "IS IS" finally arrived today.

It's AWESOME, I love Karen o so much.

British indie is such a pile of derivative shit. there's a difference between capturing the essence of normal life and infusing it in to a good lyric (stand up Jarvis Cocker and Alex Turner) and simply writing shit songs about real life with the rhyme scheme you learned in primary school (stand up The Kaiser Chiefs, Razorlight, Hard Fi, Every Fucking Band Who Would Willingly Take It Anally From Doherty). Sadly, the british public, in their wisdom, have decided to endorse the latter.

I don't know why.

Is there anyone left? Are you out there? lets go form a refuge and escape from these fucking dolts and teach our offspring poetry and language, and nothing about kebab shops.

ps. Klaxons suck dick and need to be punched in the eye, but for different reasons.

I love the Klaxons. They are fun and a great album to get hyped up to.

And I can't stand the Arctic Monkeys. I can't think of a more unjustly overhyped band.

they're not fun, they're annoying and shit and their sound is weaker than a nun's libido. A couple of their songs could be alright if they had balls, but neither the mix or their vocalist appears to have discovered a pair.

as for the arctic monkeys, I'm not a big fan but Alex Turner does have a knack for that little twist to his lyrics that actually makes them good.

Most American music is gash.

Lul//

English music is 99% of the time better than Americans, The music scene here is much more alive, alternative music anyway. Keizer chifs (i cant spell) and franz dont count as indie in my mind, but genres are screwed up. Also even if you dont like the klaxons there version of not over yet is shit hot and they are musicly tight.

I agree with Ashley. Klaxons pwn and Munkees sux0r. Sorry, Dan, but "it's da troof man." (props to anyone who knows where I've got that from)

Golden Skans > You.

golden skans can chew my hairy nuts :)

Why did you say that? In that sort of scenario, you'd come off worse, much worse...

Golden Skans > You.

It does, doesn't it. Golden Skans is a brilliant song. :grin:

Klaxons are okay. Their album on the other hand, like most indie albums of recent years, is over produced garbage. The original recordings were far superior.

I personally prefer Atlantis to Interzone and Its Not Over Yet to Golden Skans.

The Bouncer, Atlantis To Interzone, Magick, Gravitys Rainbow and 4 Horsemen of 2012 are all better than Golden Skans.

The Bouncer, Atlantis To Interzone, Magick, Gravitys Rainbow and 4 Horsemen of 2012 are all better than Golden Skans.

QFT Harrio! :bowdown:

Anyone heard the new songs Tell me where it ends and Betcha (PGD Cover) by Garbage?

Klaxons are liek, kinda suck.

I didn't expect you to like them really :heh:

I've got love for you

If you were born in the 80s, the 80s

I've got hugs for you

meh meh meh :(

I've got love for you

I've got hugs for you

meh meh meh :(

Ive got no love for you if your name is calvin harris becuase you lick balls.