• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Hole actually existed before Courtney ever met Kurt, and before Nirvana were even remotely popular.

I still don't like them though.

thing is: why bother with Hole when you could smack on some Soundgarden and air-bass to Spoonman? :D

I see you have JJ72 in your last.fm box. I love you.

Awww thanks! Shame they split up, although i have got the 8 songs from their unreleased 3rd album. They're better than the first two albums!

The lead singer is starting a solo career, his stuff is good too.

And PJ Harvey's new album, entitled "White Chalk," is out on September 24th.

Someone mentioned King Crimson to me awhile back.

To whoever you were, I can't be bothered finding the page, thank you greatly.

They are godamn good.

"Court of the Crimson King" may be my favourite album at the moment, certainly my most listened to.

In other news I've been listening to alot of Primus. Primus anyone?

They are godamn good.

"Court of the Crimson King" may be my favourite album at the moment, certainly my most listened to.

I love King Crimson. If you want similar music, there are many bands I could recommend you check out. Emerson Lake & Palmer (Greg Lake, the vocalist of King Crimson, went on to this band), Premiata Forneria Marconi (an Italian band of similar prog style), Yes, Jethro Tull, Focus, and more.

They are godamn good.

hi five on the crimson. that was me.

Ok: I saw these bands this week:

Klaxons

Arcade Fire

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah

Maxïmo Park

The Rapture

LCD Soundsystem

The Gossip

TV On The Radio

Interpol

Overall, I can say this: Arcade Fire are awesome live, even though I don't like them, Beth Ditto is a goddess on stage and Interpol can't move. lol.

Had a great time, though.

I hate being like left behind music-wise. I actually have to buy my own music, and I realised no one does that anymore.

I would limewire it if I could, but my dad's an IT consultant, and hates limewire with a passion.

I hate being like left behind music-wise. I actually have to buy my own music, and I realised no one does that anymore.

I would limewire it if I could, but my dad's an IT consultant, and hates limewire with a passion.

Well, I download everything first, to know if it's worth my money... but if it actually is worth it, I buy it. Try telling your dad that buying randomly is just plain dumb.

I just got back from Metallica at Wembley!

First impression: The stadium is incredible, and it was fantastic to be out on the pitch. There were a few hole sin the decking, so I got to touch the turf.

On a more musical nature it was fantastic to get to see probably 2 of my 5 favourite bands (or top 6 if you go bylast.fm) on one bill.

Mastodon opened, and I am bitterly upset to say that not only was the sound setup awfull for them they also seemed quite lost on such a big stage. That could partly be because its the first time i've seen them in a venue with more than about 500 people though! It was great to see them again though.

Machine Head were loud, angry and really got the crowd going, as you would expect. It was great seeing htem again, and I was very pleased they replaced BFMV.

HIM. Oh dear. Luckily they got booed off less than halfway throguh their hour long set, closing with an utterly awfull Chris Isaak cover, wicked game. It was awful, and the origional is so good.

Metallica were great! It was the 5th time I've seen them and excluding their set at download '06, which is the best set I have seen by any band, it was the most impressive. It's amazing they can keep it going so long and not feel tired. They must have played Enter Sandman and Master of Puppets 1000's of times, yet they still seem to enjoy it. What was worrying was that for the 2nd time in a row there was nothing off St. Anger, and they didn't even play 'The New Song', which they played in '06. It does make me worry about the quality of the new stuff if they aren't playing it. Surely there must be some songs ready to be played live, unless Rubin has torn it all up and made them start from scratch.

It was an excellent day out, right up untill the journey home. I have literally only just got home, after some major train faff, then getting back to Birmngham New Street and only finding 2/3s of my bicycle. ARGHHHH!

;497027"]I keep meaning to get my hands on a TV On The Radio album because I hear they are good.

Yes they are good. I have seen them twice and have 2 of their albums and would highly recommend them to anyone :)

just back from T in the Park, hayfever playing up like hell, but I had a damn good time :)

saw

Friday:

Arctic Monkeys

Saturday:

Sierra Leone Refugee Allstars

Albert Hammond Jr

CSS

Arcade Fire

My Chemical Romance

Brian Wilson

Sunday:

The Hold Steady