NEurope

Paramore's "Thats What You Get" is such a great tune. I love the opening, it just sound so powerful.

Paramore's "Thats What You Get" is such a great tune. I love the opening, it just sound so powerful.

Rock needs to have an anguished voice for me.

Good female fronted-rock;

Hole - Gutless

PJ Harvey - This Is Love

Bjork and Skunk Anansie - Army of Me

---

Of course, the original Army of Me is far better but yeah. Also, This Is Love is very tame by PJ's grimy standards. And you goota love Courtney's voice.

Caught them on Jules Holland.

Maybe it's cause i'm so tired, or perhaps the studio versions'll sound better but The Rip and We Carry On didn't grab me, whereas Machine Gun was juat amazing. At the start that loops is so grating, but by the end, you realise it's soaked into your mind, and you haven't noticed it.

I believe you've got it wrong. That would be "BN isn't the best F&K song". And I'm not against people having their own opinions. I don't like however when they say "it's amazing", instead of "I think it's amazing". There's a huge difference there. :heh:

No, not really. Saying something like "It's the best." would be it :P As amazing relates to being amazed, it doesn't need to be objective.

lol, being anal.

No, not really. Saying something like "It's the best." would be it :P As amazing relates to being amazed, it doesn't need to be objective.

lol, being anal.

Hmm, you make a fair point there. :heh:

:awesome:

Portishead = win.

They are indeed. (Insert smug look) I went to see them down in Hammersmith the other week. They had a few technical issues at the beginning but it didn't change how incredible the gig was. Beth Gibbons still has an incredible voice and the bass.......oh the bass. On Wandering Star it felt like single fibre of my body was getting shaken apart from the inside out.

I think we should ban the discussion of Paramore in this thread because they suck.

People aren't allowed to have their own opinions?

Nah thought not.

:blank:

Nah you can talk about them but like previously said it must be accompanied by a picture of Hayley.

I'm mentioning them again. I don't care. No picture either! :o

The B-side "Won't Someone Stop This Song (Lovesick Melody) is such a great tune. I hadn't really noticed what the song was about, untill it applied to me. I love the lyrics (Yes, even though they aren't "omg these lyrics sound so complicated they must be good" and are pretty simple to realise the meaning of the song after a listen).

...that isn't actually awesomely cute at all.

You have bad taste.

People aren't allowed to have their own opinions?

Nah thought not.

:blank:

You can have your own opinion, as long as the opinion is that Paramore are completley overated bilge and the lead singer isnt even that attractive.

They're overrated yeah, but then not, since everyone hates them.

I prefer gritty voices for rock, don't I?

Awesome! :D There is a lot of stuff you like! :grin: Muse FTW!

Hmm.. my musical taste...?

Well i pretty much like anything! (also helpful :heh:) Though i do have a varied taste!

I can't say i have listened to much Jazz, Reggae, Ska or Hip Hop really though!

Though i don't mind giving it a go! I'll listen to some of the people you have listed up there and check them out! :D

At the moment I really like Bat fo Lashes and today i have been listening to a lot of Regina Spektor again and Antony and the Johnsons! :)

I would recommend this off the top of my head. I like recommending Lupe Fiasco because I think he is one of the best rap artists in a while.

Also recommend Erykah Badu. I always seem to float away when I listen to her.

EDIT: Listened to some of your stuff, its good! Like that Bat for lashes:Whats a girl to do, got an infectious beat. FF to recommend songs.

Lol. This is retarded.

I've liked them since their first album, and then suddenly they become popular and it's cool to hate them. Jeez, it's not their fault a bunch of pre-teen girls and random emo's decided to declare them as the best band ever is it? They are in no way "bilge".

I loathe it when people use the term "Mtv band" etc. Jeez, who the fuck actually gives a damn in all honesty? But seriously, the elitism in this thread is ridiculous. You can't tell someone they aren't allowed to like something. (Noodleman)

You can have your own opinion, as long as the opinion is that Paramore are completley overated bilge and the lead singer isnt even that attractive.

what a contradiction.

It would be nice if everyone could talk about the music they like without this elitism that seems to be very apparent.

All discussion involves elitism. You can't tell people to stop saying they hate things, you're being elitist. The discussion would be incredibly dull if everyone played the canand card and said "I like Paramore" and then ignored everyone elses post, unless somebody agreed with them.

All discussion involves elitism. You can't tell people to stop saying they hate things, you're being elitist. The discussion would be incredibly dull if everyone played the canand card and said "I like Paramore" and then ignored everyone elses post, unless somebody agreed with them.

It was the way he phrased his answer KTN. He basically said "You have to have this opinion, otherwise you're wrong", which is utter bull.

No, there's no need to be nasty about it. I'm not against someone not liking something, but there is a thing called diplomacy you know.

It was the way he phrased his answer KTN. He basically said "You have to have this opinion, otherwise you're wrong", which is utter bull.

Yes.

But it was some lighthearted fascism. Therefore great.

And diplomacy is for politicians. There were riots and fist fights at the premiere performance of The Rite Of Spring, opinion is meant to be fought for.