NEurope

Anyone else really liking alot of the Hard Candy album clips?

Madonna might be back, ladys and gentlemen.

Pipettes have split up :(

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Why on earth have they done a stupid thing like that? :(

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Why on earth have they done a stupid thing like that? :(

Rose and Becky left to persue other musical careers.

However Gwenno is staying and she said they already have 2 new members ala sugarbabes.

I love Rose tho :(

Anyone else really liking alot of the Hard Candy album clips?

Madonna might be back, ladys and gentlemen.

Did she really go anywhere?

In love with The Pierces' 'Secret'.

65daysofstatic have made an awesome remix album. I've discovered a few new bands through it.

No, there's no need to be nasty about it. I'm not against someone not liking something, but there is a thing called diplomacy you know.

Let's call it hipocrisy. Being overly nice is shit. If I have something to say, I say it, despite the "feelings" I may "hurt".

Let's call it hipocrisy. Being overly nice is shit. If I have something to say, I say it, despite the "feelings" I may "hurt".

That isn't exactly hipocrisy if you believe in being nice to other people and have some manners. I'm sure all the cool kids act like that, at least on the internet, but that kind of shit just seems like shouting "HEY LOOK AT ME I'M ALTERNATIVE! I DON'T GIVE A SHIT!"

That isn't exactly hipocrisy if you believe in being nice to other people and have some manners. I'm sure all the cool kids act like that, at least on the internet, but that kind of shit just seems like shouting "HEY LOOK AT ME I'M ALTERNATIVE! I DON'T GIVE A SHIT!"

Na, it's not "alternative", it's rude. But that's who I am. :heh: Seriously though, I believe in being nice, but I don't believe in being dishonest, and of course I'm not gonna say something like "you're fugly" because that may hurt the other person's feelings, but when discussing taste, I always shoot straight ahead, and personaly believe that if you really need people to be extra nice to you concerning your opinions, maybe it's not the other people's problem, but your own over-sensitivity that needs to get fixed. I'm not gonna get offended if someone disagrees with me, heck, I'd be doomed if I was like that. Bottom line, this type of discussion isn't the same as laughing at the bald cancer kid. :heh: This is a discussion board, where would we be if we all wore candy-coated pijamas, vanilla cream slippers and cotton candy bathrobes when adressing others? : peace:

I bought yesterday:

Hounds of Love - Kate Bush

Oracular Spectacular - MGMT

Happiness (Vinyl Single) - Goldfrapp

Na, it's not "alternative", it's rude. But that's who I am. :heh:Seriously though, I believe in being nice, but I don't believe in being dishonest, and of course I'm not gonna say something like "you're fugly" because that may hurt the other person's feelings, but when discussing taste, I always shoot straight ahead, and personaly believe that if you really need people to be extra nice to you concerning your opinions, maybe it's not the other people's problem, but your own over-sensitivity that needs to get fixed. I'm not gonna get offended if someone disagrees with me, heck, I'd be doomed if I was like that. Bottom line, this type of discussion isn't the same as laughing at the bald cancer kid. :heh: This is a discussion board, where would we be if we all wore candy-coated pijamas, vanilla cream slippers and cotton candy bathrobes when adressing others? : peace:

Where did I say that lying was necessary? There's being an utter arsehole, and there is putting your opinion across like an adult.

Anyhoo.

Yay for last.fm having a plugin to work with Vista. ^___^ At last! :yay:

I noticed a few people had bought Muse's new album/live recording. Is it worth a buy?

My Tegan and Sara life is now complete. I've heard the original demos.

I'm sad there's no I Was Married though.

I love how the original demo of Back In Your Head is so different from the final album version.

Where did I say that lying was necessary? There's being an utter arsehole, and there is putting your opinion across like an adult.

Anyhoo.

Yay for last.fm having a plugin to work with Vista. ^___^ At last! :yay:

I noticed a few people had bought Muse's new album/live recording. Is it worth a buy?

I was there, so i had to buy it didn't i? But yes, it's like improved on all the tracks and the dvd is immense

I DL'd Duffy's album, despite the bad reviews, and me knowing it'd be "meh". I'm in the modd for some smokey 60's stuff though, and it's funny seeing if she has a life.

Feels like Mercy is false advertising though, as it's so different to the rest.

Best tracks so far (half way through); Rockferry (her first single) and Syrup + Honey.

---------

I was listening to one of my favourite bands I recently discovered, Be Your Own pet, who are comparable to Paramore in terms of line-up/age, and I think it's to do with the fact Jemina pearl (think that's her name) is singing with venom and sincerity. I don't believe a word that comes outof Hayley's mouth. It's just normal singing over the rock music in the background. be Your Own Pet's songs are like ultra-speedy stampedes.

Plus the more mature content of their lyrics help.

-----

I'm laughing at Debbie Harry's album getting 7.4 on Pitchfork.

I DL'd Duffy's album, despite the bad reviews, and me knowing it'd be "meh". I'm in the modd for some smokey 60's stuff though, and it's funny seeing if she has a life.

Feels like Mercy is false advertising though, as it's so different to the rest.

Best tracks so far (half way through); Rockferry (her first single) and Syrup + Honey.

I thought, bar NME's review, the album had gotten pretty good reviews?

I can't stand "Mercy", I just don't like her voice at all.

I thought, bar NME's review, the album had gotten pretty good reviews?

I can't stand "Mercy", I just don't like her voice at all.

Oh. Evidently I was confused. I think I just read a few reviews and they said it was a bit dull.

I really like her voice. I hate "clean" voices, usually, preferring ones with grit in them, or slightly roughness. She fits in with Cerys Mathews in that "welsh lass' sense.

I'm just so bored of normal voices, unless they're used on good tracks.

Oh. Evidently I was confused. I think I just read a few reviews and they said it was a bit dull.

I really like her voice. I hate "clean" voices, usually, preferring ones with grit in them, or slightly roughness. She fits in with Cerys Mathews in that "welsh lass' sense.

I'm just so bored of normal voices, unless they're used on good tracks.

Thats why I love the lead singer of the Rogue traders (though more on the second album than the first). They've not gotten rid of every little defect in her voice or slight moment where she goes vaguely off. It sounds so much better when she's singing, especially "On Your Way To The Disco". She's obviously not the best singer ever..but it's sort of used to her advantage if that makes any sense whatsoever?

Then again, I love Hayley Williams voice and thats pretty "clean" so I guess I like both. It's just Duffy's voice sounds so whiny, it bugs me a little.

So I'm being childish? I'm not a "model citizen" is that it? Seriously, I could put my opinions across in a more educated and polite manner, if I wanted to, yes. And if I wanted to be nice I could even make you feel better about yourself for liking whatever it is you like.

But then again, why the fuck would I want to be nice to you?

And why should I bestow your opinion with the respect it clearly doesn't deserve?

Can we just move on please? We have this arguement once every fortnight it seems.

Started listening to Battles earlier on some randomer's iTunes library and quite liked it, but they disconnected. Ah well, back to Bloc Party.

Started listening to Battles earlier on some randomer's iTunes library and quite liked it, but they disconnected. Ah well, back to Bloc Party.

HERESY! :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead

HERESY! :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead

Come on Oxigen_Waste. Use you're words.

I love Hercules And Love Affair's debut album.

I just imagine they're a joke group of bored greek gods, making a funny dance album to reinvent themselves.

----

I need to hear Fuck Buttons and Vampire Weekend with open ears.

Black and Gold by Sam Sparro is really good, I didn't really like it at first, but it's really grown on me now. Might have to check the rest of the album out at some point.

I love Hercules And Love Affair's debut album.

I just imagine they're a joke group of bored greek gods, making a funny dance album to reinvent themselves.

My favourite album, atm.