• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Anyone heard of duffy?

Her music is amazing, her new single "mercy" is a great track, I tell ye to go check it out ^_^

Who hasn't heard of Duffy?!

I love what i've heard, I'm just scared she'll become the muse of the media as a new Amy Winehouse and i'll get sick of Mercy.

Started listening to Rage Against the Machine as I'll be seeing them at a festival this summer. Their first album is so different to what I'm used to, but it's amazing stuff! They're incredibly talented.

You're also seeing them? :P Great. :D

Anyway... Their first album is their best. The first two albums are gold. The other two... not so much.

Was well chuffed today - heard a song about 15 years ago, really liked it - it had a really catchy tune but didn't know who did it. Because it's an instrumental, I obviously couldn't search for lyrics and not knowing who did it or what the song was called, I was obviously not going to know what it was.

Anyway, as chance would have it, it was on the radio, so I used my phone to record it and find out what it was. Now I've downloaded it!

The song is called Sylvia by a Dutch band called Focus, done in the 70s, won't be everyone's cup of tea but I like it

I did not want to make a new thread for it (but I will if there is enough people going) but is anybody going to T in the Park? Thinking of going this year for the whole weekend with my friends, I don't think much has been said in the ways of a lineup but it will be good anyway.

The tickets go on sale at 9:00am on Saturday but being a festival noob I'm not sure how this works. So basically do I go on to the official website at 9? or go on to somewhere like ticketmaster and buy from there? I guess I will need to be pretty quick about it though.

I did not want to make a new thread for it (but I will if there is enough people going) but is anybody going to T in the Park? Thinking of going this year for the whole weekend with my friends, I don't think much has been said in the ways of a lineup but it will be good anyway.

The tickets go on sale at 9:00am on Saturday but being a festival noob I'm not sure how this works. So basically do I go on to the official website at 9? or go on to somewhere like ticketmaster and buy from there? I guess I will need to be pretty quick about it though.

Just keep on refreshing ticketmaster.co.uk or seetickets.com from around 8:55am onwards. :)

Yeah basically. Iv used the phone for the past 2 years when buying leeds fest tickets and its worked really well. Try both at the same time and see which gets through first (Y)

Ah-ah... no :P I'm portuguese. :D

Ahh well. Have fun though :P sure you will with Rage and all

you will need to be quick, tickets will probably be sold out by about half nine

just start refreshing the ticketmaster webpage from about ten to nine and they might come up early :)

You're also seeing them? :P Great. :D

Anyway... Their first album is their best. The first two albums are gold. The other two... not so much.

I thought Evil Empire sucked monkey dick. Battle of LA was a good rock record, but their first is of course, a classic.

Ugh...can't believe I missed Behemoth by a few days. Spent all of today listening to Demigod and Satanica. :(.

Yeah. Their first album is unbelievably good. Leeds fest here we come?

I'll be there hopefully

It's Not Over Yet - Goldfrapp

Love this. One of my favourite bands covering another one of my favourite bands. :)

That is THE SEX

Also Rage Against The Machine when I listen to them I normally only listen to their first album since every other album just makes me want to listen to it.

I thought Evil Empire sucked monkey dick. Battle of LA was a good rock record, but their first is of course, a classic.

Ugh...can't believe I missed Behemoth by a few days. Spent all of today listening to Demigod and Satanica. :(.

Will have to agree there. Evil Empire sucks but their first is by far the best.

RE: Behemoth - Don't know how you can listen to that kind of stuff. I mean, the music is ok, but the "singing" is, well...awful. Bands like that sound like they've employed the same grizzly bear with a bad throat infection to lay down the vocals on all their albums.

Each to their own though I suppose.

Will have to agree there. Evil Empire sucks but their first is by far the best.

RE: Behemoth - Don't know how you can listen to that kind of stuff. I mean, the music is ok, but the "singing" is, well...awful. Bands like that sound like they've employed the same grizzly bear with a bad throat infection to lay down the vocals on all their albums.

Each to their own though I suppose.

Evil Empire is a masterpiece. The only reason people hate it is because of it's emphasis on rap. Is that a bad thing? Maybe if you don't like rap, but I like everything, so...

But yeah, the debut is the best.

As for the Behemoth part, you're not ready to listen to it. It's an acquired taste, like Jazz. Believe me, it is.