Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Music that is new to me. I don't mind if it's recent or not. Suggest away, I'm always up for giving stuff a try. (Although I am quite picky :D ) I've only got Spotify at hand.

Try Maximo Park - Our Earthly Pleasures.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Music that is new to me. I don't mind if it's recent or not. Suggest away, I'm always up for giving stuff a try. (Although I am quite picky :D ) I've only got Spotify at hand.

The problem with the Foo Fighters is that it a) makes me want to rock round the office screaming me head off, and b) makes me want to grow a beard like David Grohl's perfect specimen. :heh:

Haha, agreed about Dave Grohl, he is something of a legend. :D

OK, how about some PJ Harvey? you might be initially turned off by this suggestion but she has some pretty damn good standalone tracks - not to mention whole albums - some are more 'Rocky' so maybe try a few of those such as O Stella, Sheela-Na-Gig, Kamikaze, Who the Fuck?, 50ft Queenie and Man-Size also check out her duet with Thom Yorke in This Mess We're In.

I reckon there's a good chance you may like at least some of her tracks. :)

Edited by S.C.G

You should give Fight Like Apes a go. I really can't recommend them enough.

Most of their songs are pretty jokey (eg. The song This is like that time Jody didn't know what Cunnilinugus was), but they have a few really really good songs, like Battlestations, Lumpy Dough and Tie Me Up With Jackets.

Listening now.

Fight Like Apes are good, but I think Daft wants something more sedate.

Imogen Heap's new album is pleasant to listen to while doing other things. The Dirty Projectors also just released a great album.

Yeah, I thought I wanted something more sedate but so Fight Like Apes haven't annoyed me instantly, which is a good sign. Not sure yet if it stand out enough to me (because I've listened to only two songs :heh: ).

I'll give TDP a listen.

Try Maximo Park - Our Earthly Pleasures.

I'll give it a listen after some more FLA and TDP.

Cheers guys!

Haha, agreed about Dave Grohl, he is something of a legend. :D

OK, how about some PJ Harvey? you might be initially turned off by this suggestion but she has some pretty damn good standalone tracks - not to mention whole albums - some are more 'Rocky' so maybe try a few of those such as O Stella, Sheela-Na-Gig, Kamikaze, Who the Fuck?, 50ft Queenie and Man-Size also check out her duet with Thom Yorke in This Mess We're In.

I reckon there's a good chance you may like at least some of her tracks. :)

I like PJ Harvey. White Chalk makes me feel like I should be killing myself, though. Great album.

I'll give the rest of her stuff a more in-depth look.

I like PJ Harvey. White Chalk makes me feel like I should be killing myself, though. Great album.

I'll give the rest of her stuff a more in-depth look.

Awesome, the good thing about Peej though is that she's very versatile and while I agree - to a point - about White Chalk she has done loads of other songs that are more upbeat and just plain excellent to listen to.

Long Snake Moan and Angelene are both essential Peej songs IMO.

Two of the best.

This... Idk how I missed out those two, good call Chair. :)

And Hardly Wait.

This too... damn, I've only recently gotten into Peej and love her music but it seems I still have much to learn. :heh:

Edited by S.C.G
Automerged Doublepost

Wow apparently there are loads of riffs on the resistance

"Wow apparently there are loads of cakes at the bakery!"

-------

I'm listening to Fleet Foxes again. I love how Sun It Rises starts.

Not that much of a fan though. Some of the songs are good, but I don't like them enough to actually put them on a mixtape.

"Wow apparently there are loads of cakes at the bakery!"

-------

I'm listening to Fleet Foxes again. I love how Sun It Rises starts.

Not that much of a fan though. Some of the songs are good, but I don't like them enough to actually put them on a mixtape.

I'd have to agree, it sounds like the perfect music to be stoned too but it doesn't really inspire me when I'm in a sober state.

Rearrange Beds by An Horse is good, but somehow sounds like something I've heard before, but worse. Sounds alot like Blood Red Shoes actually (and incidentally has the exact same set-up - guy on drums, girl on guitar)

It has some great lyrics though:

"Like that good Hole album

I could Live Through This

I can live through worse"

And:

"Oh my god, you're a handful.

And oh my god, these hands are so small."

Just discovered 'These Are My Twisted Words' by Radiohead. I know I'm a bit behind with this but it's quite a nice listen :)

A track by Radiohead that I haven't listened to... despite having all of their albums? what new devilry is this?

Seriously... is it off of their recently re-released albums which they added tracks to, if so that explains all, just looked at the tile of the song and thought "wait a minute, why haven't I heard of this track" that's all. :)

-------------------------

Mmmm Debut by Bjork is even more enjoyable through headphones it would seem, such a stunning album that leaves me feeling happy... violently happy. :D

A track by Radiohead that I haven't listened to... despite having all of their albums? what new devilry is this?

Seriously... is it off of their recently re-released albums which they added tracks to, if so that explains all, just looked at the tile of the song and thought "wait a minute, why haven't I heard of this track" that's all. :)

-------------------------

Mmmm Debut by Bjork is even more enjoyable through headphones it would seem, such a stunning album that leaves me feeling happy... violently happy. :D

Just go on their website and it's a new (free) track that they provide a link to.

Just go on their website and it's a new (free) track that they provide a link to.

Wow thanks that's awesome! downloading now :D verdict soon(ish).

------------------------------

Just listened to it in full and I really like it, I love the fact that there are few lyrics and that they don't actually come in until halfway through the track, it's the sort of thing that Radiohead manage to pull off well... excellent stuff.

Edited by S.C.G

Bought We are Pilots by Shiny Toy Guns today after weeks of hunting for it. Have listened to it virtually nonstop since getting home. So good. Even the songs that I'd heard but didn't really care much for I actually like. Perhaps it's to do with hearing them as part of a complete package. Anyway, yeh great electronica infused rock. Shame their second album, the one released after this one, isn't nearly as good coming down mostly to a new singer and crappy songs.

Does anyone know where I can download Andre Herman Dune's cover of Smalltown Boy? It was on the last series of Skins but I can't find it anywhere.

I would be muchly appreciative.

Edit: T'is this one,

There is a download link on one of the YouTube videos but the quality is crappy.

Edited by Daft