NEurope
flameboy

NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams

Do the people that have the subscription get the magazine early or anything and if so,is anyone a subscriber?

Do the people that have the subscription get the magazine early or anything and if so,is anyone a subscriber?

I'll be getting NGamer hopefully this coming week or next. I'm guessing that it will already be on teh intarwebz by the time I log on though.

ONM: "This is not an April Fool".

According to ONM's editor, Chandra, the "next issue" is not an April Fool's joke, and explains why they are against them (due to a backlash from a joke in an issue of CUBE). Of course, it mey not be an exclusive:

"Innevitably the situation might change between the time of the mag going to print and the release of the next issue (it is a good six weeks after all). The game may end up being announced online before we hit the shelves. Ocassionally these things happen and it’s completely out of our control. However, the point is that we are not misleading you — there is a new game due to be announced."

What game it is still hasn't been fully revealed, and, in an act that could be seen as "appempting to throw us off-course", ONM's editor says that "I’ve seen everything from Family Guy to Woody Woodpecker fitting perfectly in that star cluster!"

ONM's Forum

NOM (sorry ONM) are lying that they have an "exclusive" anyway. The comedy continues.

I want to see some of these Family Guys pictures that people put in those stars that the Chandra person mentioned.

But Nights fitted in so well :(

I want to see some of these Family Guys pictures that people put in those stars that the Chandra person mentioned.

But Nights fitted in so well :(

They're just running away from confirmation

As for images, I haven't seen family guy, but nothing fits as well as NiGHTS:

wiihalokw2.jpg

woodyse6zs0.jpg

Master chief had some stars erased there, and the bird had doesn't fit that well either, NiGHTS is the perfect fit.

To me they're saying "exclusive? not really, it "might" (or rather should) be announced before the magazine actually ships, etc"

AKC2005-mdh-0091.JPG

Is anyone else getting turned on by this picture?

Never played NiGHTS, whats it about in a nutshell?

But IS it NiGHTS? I mean why would they respond to it at all if people "had it figured out"? Why would they respond if people "thought it was an april fools joke but isn't"?

None of it makes sense. I'll believe it when I see... I dunno.. real screenshots.

According to Threepio (a pretty trustworthy informant, he never let me down as far as I can remember), it's a new game not a sequel.

Is anyone else getting turned on by this picture?

Never played NiGHTS, whats it about in a nutshell?

OOOO yeah . Damn Beast is a fine piece of meat. :P

It is about effing time Sega stopping raping Sonic's image and started reviving some old franchises! Now WHERE THE F%&K is Shenmue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

According to Threepio (a pretty trustworthy informant, he never let me down as far as I can remember), it's a new game not a sequel.

So it's a NiGHTS prequel.

Hmmm, though I'd love a Nights-game, I find it strange that Sega of Japan would give this exclusive to a UK-based mag, official or not. Then again, ONM clarified it could very well end up being announced online, so it isn't quite as exclusive as they'd like us to think. As a matter a fact, there is an unusual lack of "M3GATON!!!"-attitude on this forum, which is a very, very good thing indeed. ^_^

Good things come to those who wait, I guess. It better not be another Mario Party, though! :p

Oh wait...

One thing though, there are rumours going around that the saturn is getting added to VC, maybe it could just be that and we are getting Nights as the first title? Who knows...we shall have to wait and see, out next week isn't it?

But hang on, the text says classic 'game making a long overdue return'.

So when you say new game, you mean a new entry into the series, but it's not a sequel, right? Not a new game entirely?

1 the game can be anny game and shure a new game is anounced from tome to time

2 we are nearing april (april fools)

3 it also can be on any nintendo console or simly be another vertual console game -_-;

in short i dont beleave it

One thing though, there are rumours going around that the saturn is getting added to VC, maybe it could just be that and we are getting Nights as the first title? Who knows...we shall have to wait and see, out next week isn't it?

Thats what i said earlier....(or did i not post it?). Anyway, yes i agree with you...

Technically the Sega Saturn going onto the VC, on Wii and Nights being the first title will infact make it a Wii game.

1 the game can be anny game and shure a new game is anounced from tome to time

2 we are nearing april (april fools)

3 it also can be on any nintendo console or simly be another vertual console game -_-;

in short i dont beleave it

Have you not read further up the thread, where it says Chandra from the magazine has said it is not an april fools?!

Thats what i said earlier....(or did i not post it?). Anyway, yes i agree with you...

Technically the Sega Saturn going onto the VC, on Wii and Nights being the first title will infact make it a Wii game.

Yeah I think a few of us said it but it got lost in all the rest...

Following an Official Nintendo Magazine UK back page teaser, NiGHTS looks to be in development but CVG has learnt that original creator Yuji Naka won't be at the helm.

If the rumours of a new NiGHTS game being in development for Wii turn out to be true (read our story on there here), chances are Yuji Naka won't have anything to do with its development.

We recently tracked down the ex-Sega genius Yuji Naka, who left the company last year to form his own start-up Prope, for a catch-up and asked him if he currently has any plans on the table to revisit any of his old Sega properties. We were told flatly that, "At present, I have no such intentions."

Let the speculation begin. Check back later this week for our full interview with Yuji Naka.

computerandvideogames