NEurope
flameboy

NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams

I was agreeing with him. :s I'm saying that people think they don't look good because they're so used to HD graphics now. I think they're good and I think they're better than Gamecube graphics it's just people remember them better than they really were.
I misunderstood then.

I don't agree totally on that though, I mean... NiGHTS it's not looking impressive so far and it could, some GC games still look impressive.

Still it's a no brainer HD helps, I bet some games with new richer textures and HD would be considered next gen so that's were the biggest difference lies but... I also think a good game in SD can look great, even better than we've seen last gen, still, it's easier to reach that on a HD console with the resolution acting as a separation in itself.

I don't think NiGHTS is looking above GC standards so far, at least from the last screens; still I can live with these graphics as long as the gameplay is good, hell, I can live perfectly with Saturn graphics since the game is so awesome to this day. :) (not to say graphics don't matter, gameplay does, but I really can live with it in this case)

Not saying it looks fantastic but we all know Wii screenshots always suck ass and this is the type of game that looks waay better in motion. Specially if there's lots of things on screen and smooth 60fps.

Simply sublime. I like that odd Japanese interpretation on Europe that's been draped over the whole thing.

The Disney movie-style trailer is a nice touch too. That's the sort of game advertising Nintendo need to get into to.

Is there a Youtube version?! I'm on my Wii naked Aand can't reach a PC!

Fuck it, I'll run down naked for this anyday.

*Self censored*

That's fantastic! However, I'm not sure I like the look of the strange shift in perspective. That said, I did let out a little fluid.

Haha, nice Pedro, it really is tons better with that in the background. I have all the NiGHTs music in my iPod, it's so great. Try playing a bit of of Jackle's theme on the boss part. 'Works a charm.

I misunderstood then.

I don't agree totally on that though, I mean... NiGHTS it's not looking impressive so far and it could, some GC games still look impressive.

Still it's a no brainer HD helps, I bet some games with new richer textures and HD would be considered next gen so that's were the biggest difference lies but... I also think a good game in SD can look great, even better than we've seen last gen, still, it's easier to reach that on a HD console with the resolution acting as a separation in itself.

I don't think NiGHTS is looking above GC standards so far, at least from the last screens; still I can live with these graphics as long as the gameplay is good, hell, I can live perfectly with Saturn graphics since the game is so awesome to this day. :) (not to say graphics don't matter, gameplay does, but I really can live with it in this case)

Well yeah, although I'd say that with Wii games mostly doing widescreen now that they are slightly better than GC. But tbh I really don't think there is a difference other than that. It's like when people moan about games like Godfather, but if that had been released on Gamecube it would have looked practically the same only without widescreen.

I think we're pretty much of the same opinion anyway.

Although this looks decent, I have to say it's a bit underwhelming after we've waited so long for a lush sequel. It's very low poly and the textures have that horrible blurry stretched appearance (just look at the columns on the temple-like structures!). And don't tell me the Wii can't do better - we've seen it in Sonic. The odd thing is that the boss stage is brilliant; loads of atmosphere and imagination to the design, not nearly as rough and ready as that first level. Perhaps they're improving things as they go. Frankly, I'd rather they spent some more time developing this potentially amazing title, than just rush it out in less than a year..

The trailer itself is AWESOME!! If they put that on TV as an advert, with the 'movie voiceover guy' it would really sell this game as it just makes it seem so magical!

The game itself though... at the moment it's looking like a dreamcast sonic adventure, and the Wii is capable of SO much more!

Gameplay looks like it could be fun though, but i'm unconvinced as yet!

Yes, graphics are really the least of my worries. I don't really care about obscure texturing specifications; as long as I'm having fun I don't care how it looks. Otherwise I wouldn't have such a large VC collection.

Anyway, from the trailers, I think the game looks lovely in motion. As far as I'm concerned, the recent screenshot's I've seen look fine too.

They have several months before the game is supposed to be released and, personally, I'd much rather the time was spent honing the gameplay towards perfection, rather than the graphics.

The trailer itself is AWESOME!! If they put that on TV as an advert, with the 'movie voiceover guy' it would really sell this game as it just makes it seem so magical!

The game itself though... at the moment it's looking like a dreamcast sonic adventure, and the Wii is capable of SO much more!

Gameplay looks like it could be fun though, but i'm unconvinced as yet!

Don't exagerate, everyone lost sight of graphics once they saw HD. It looks very good in the trailer.

Don't exagerate, everyone lost sight of graphics once they saw HD. It looks very good in the trailer.
I'm not exagerating (well maybe a little), but although the boss level looks very nice indeed, the textures/water on the other levels are not really any better than this...!

bg27.jpg

I'm all for gameplay over graphics, but when the Wii is capable of SO much more, it just annoys me!

Indeed the boss battle and the level almost look like diferent games running, being that they invested a lot of time and tech on the bosses and little on the levels, still... It made me remember NiGHTS on the saturn and it obviously has better graphics so really, I'm happy.

I'd be pissed if the game looked bad in motion (as in, not faithful to NiGHTS and kinda crappy)

I'm really glad it doesn't

That trailer was horrible. Still...I have high hopes for the game.

We will see. Its gonna be a game that cant really be judged until you get it me thinks. Sorry, for beating on about the graphics.

Is this free roaming or is it still going to be on a rail in a sense just like the original?

The game looks fucking abysmal, not visually but in the sense of how awkward and glitchy the gameplay looks. Seems like another prime example of Sega's modern teams not having half a clue how to make a game.