N-Europe

Reggie takes on Phil Harrison (kicks ass, takes name)

Ice9

I can see one (possibly two) good games on the PS3. That LittleBigPlanet thing, and Liar may have potential. Other than that, it's just shinier versions of old games (except MGS4, which somehow manages to look worse in motion than MGS2).

I'd rather have the original games rather than ones that have been messed around with, and have rubbish online stuff shoved in.

So far I've played Gears of War, Viva Pinata, Tony Hawk's Project 8 and Test Drive Unlimited on the 360. I've yet to be wowed.

So far on the Wii I've been wowed by Zelda, Wii Sports, Wario Ware, Red Steel, Excite Truck and Sonic.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've tried them both and to be honest... VC owns XBLA! Simply because so many of the old games are still better than any of XBLA's new games!

I am just going to say this XBLA is 500% better than the VC, if te prices were 100 points cheaper on VC games, then iXBLA would be ever so slightly better on the 360.

I can see one (possibly two) good games on the PS3. That LittleBigPlanet thing, and Liar may have potential. Other than that, it's just shinier versions of old games (except MGS4, which somehow manages to look worse in motion than MGS2).

I'd rather have the original games rather than ones that have been messed around with, and have rubbish online stuff shoved in.

So far I've played Gears of War, Viva Pinata, Tony Hawk's Project 8 and Test Drive Unlimited on the 360. I've yet to be wowed.

So far on the Wii I've been wowed by Zelda, Wii Sports, Wario Ware, Red Steel, Excite Truck and Sonic.

Viva pinata wasn't making you say wow seesh :mad:

Mind you I have yet to be wowed moment so far on the wii.

Personally i'd much rather see superior, original content to games I already own.

But each to their own.

You own every game released on VC? Wow...*Wink*

Nah, I agree to an extent (Although still prefer VC) I personally cant wait to play games like DKC3 again. I dont own it anymore and I know its a classic.

Personally i'd much rather see superior, original content to games I already own.

But each to their own.

I had a Mega Drive, so I can have the games I once owned. And I totally missed out on the SNES (the first time I played a SNES game was SMW on the VC), so I can try what I missed.

We cannot have a normal thread because there always some guys bitching and whining like little emo girls. Why are you on Nintendo forums anyway?

No one's bitching. Calm down dear. Why am I on a Nintendo forum? To talk about Nintendo, Christ. Someone who blatnetly hadn't tried something was giving an opinion on it. I use both. I can give an opinion on what works and what doesn't. And I prefer one over the other.

I had a Mega Drive, so I can have the games I once owned. And I totally missed out on the SNES (the first time I played a SNES game was SMW on the VC), so I can try what I missed.

Then it's perfect for you :D I really, really want some games that weren't released over here on it. Any news on Sin and Punishment or Mario RPG?

We cannot have a normal thread because there always some guys bitching and whining like little emo girls. Why are you on Nintendo forums anyway?

Well, Cox is a nice guy, and actually has interesting or plausible things to say, ZeldaFreak however I cannot speak for, as I genuinely dont know why hes on this site

He must enjoying bitching about Nintendo.

Guest Jordan

I obviously own both a Wii and a 360, XBLA online content has been plain freaking awful at times.

But saying that, the Wii VC is basically a cash cow anyway you look at it, the games are far far too expensive.

Xbox Live in general owns any online system out there, for sure, but content-wise I don't see how Arcade can beat the Virtual Console. I don't own a 360 though, but it has to have loads of awesome stuff on there to come anywhere close to the VC...

I would just ignore ZeldaFreak guys, the second part of his name says all that you need to know. Anyway, its about time people looked at each console reasonably, there is no way that people who have played an Xbox 360 can say it is a piece of crap as some features have to be admired and as much as I dislike Sony, things like Home and LittleBigAdventure do look cool.

The VC and XBLA are both good in their own ways. VC, in my opinion has better games but online play is so important these days that it makes XBLA stronger because if you are going to play the same games again, may as well play them online.

And as for Reggie's statement, pure gold, the man is exactly what Nintendo need.

I am just going to say this XBLA is 500% better than the VC, if te prices were 100 points cheaper on VC games, then iXBLA would be ever so slightly better on the 360.

Your kidding right? Having the pleasure of owning both I can safely say that XBLA doesnt have look in compared to the VC. The only great thing to come out of XBLA is Worms and even that is limited, not to mention it took over a year to get anything decent on it.

The VC has already got a great selection of retro games for everyone to enjoy the only problem ( for some not me ) is the price of them.

Lets get on topic, Reggie PWNED Phil's sorry ass! Fuck YEAH!

What he said : peace:

Your kidding right? Having the pleasure of owning both I can safely say that XBLA doesnt have look in compared to the VC. The only great thing to come out of XBLA is Worms and even that is limited, not to mention it took over a year to get anything decent on it.

The VC has already got a great selection of retro games for everyone to enjoy the only problem ( for some not me ) is the price of them.

Games like Castle Crashers, Alien Hominid HD(which is out), and other great unique content not to mentioned updated classics like paperboy, rootbeer tapper. And later this year jetpack refuelled is coming out.

Quite simply awesome.

On VC too expensive for the content they are offering, not even giving us it running at a freakin 60hz, original graphics which are fine but they could of touched it up about.

I obviously own both a Wii and a 360, XBLA online content has been plain freaking awful at times.

But saying that, the Wii VC is basically a cash cow anyway you look at it, the games are far far too expensive.

Prices are fair if people are willing to pay for them; and alot of people seem to be prepared to pay.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!