AshMat

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another trailer on the way,

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/795/795717p1.html

New GTA IV Trailer Coming Soon

US, June 11, 2007 - A little while ago, we were privileged enough to get a sneak peek at the hotly-anticipated next-gen entry in the Grand Theft Auto series. Our stint with Grand Theft Auto IV was brief, but tasty nevertheless. You can read up on our impressions of the demonstration here.

Rockstar let us in on a little secret today, regarding the still-mysterious title. Apparently, a second trailer -- titled "Looking for that special someone" -- will be coming our way on June 28. We assume that you are all salivating for information just as much as we here at IGN are, so make sure you check back for the official unveiling of this second trailer. Hopefully, we will get a more substantial glimpse of gameplay this time around.

The release of the first trailer all but crashed the Internet. Let's just hope we can make it through this one alive.

Well you've probably already heard that the 360 is definitely getting exclusive DLC, but it seems Microsoft have paid through the nose to get it.

Thank you. And as it relates to the deferred revenue chunk associated with the episodic content on X-Box 360, you can see that $25 million of that moved into short-term deferred. Could you give us any sense of when that’s going to hit the P&L? Will we see $25 million at one time and then the second 25 or will it be a slow bleed?
The first 25 is for the first episodic content package that’s supposed to go out and that is in March of ’08. That’s why it moved into current because it’s in the next 12 months. The second 25 will be for the second episodic, the episode, and that will be later in fiscal ’08.

These people might as well be speaking a different language as far as I'm concerned, but from the looks of things Take-Two is expecting to make $50,000,000 (around £25,000,000 or €37,000,000) from two downloadable episodes for GTA4. Quite exactly where that money is going to come from isn't detailed, but from the wording it's suggestive of a lump sum from Microsoft as opposed to sales of the episodes themselves.

Obviously you'll want someone that understands all this financial talk to confirm what's going on, but right now it's looking like money hats will be par for the course at Take-Two.

• 2 weeks later...

This game looks dog ugly for a 360/PS3 game-though they still have time to change it.

Here was me hoping they'd do something different with GTA other than update the graphics-as it looks it seems my hopes are false.

Guest Jordan
This game looks dog ugly for a 360/PS3 game-though they still have time to change it.

Here was me hoping they'd do something different with GTA other than update the graphics-as it looks it seems my hopes are false.

Considering the scale, it looks far better than Crackdown.

Considering the scale, it looks far better than Crackdown.

The characters look like such a minor jump from the PS2 games. same blocky hands, same ugly faces. correct me if i'm wrong, but the main characters in crackdown do not look that bad.

*watches vid again*

meh, we'll see. Unless it offers changed gameplay to the crappy mission structure-which is doubtful, i doubt i'll by it.

THIS is the most over-hyped game series on earth-not Halo.

Have you read about this game at all? This is a major change from previous GTAs, and if you ask me the graphics look mighty tasty.

I have passingly, haven't noticed anything major . . .

A game with better graphics would be Okami, Gears of War, Oblivion, Mass Effect, need i go on?!

Anywho, you boys enjoy shooting your little toy guns at the cops.

The characters look like such a minor jump from the PS2 games. same blocky hands, same ugly faces. correct me if i'm wrong, but the main characters in crackdown do not look that bad.

*watches vid again*

meh, we'll see. Unless it offers changed gameplay to the crappy mission structure-which is doubtful, i doubt i'll by it.

THIS is the most over-hyped game series on earth-not Halo.

I agree Takeo, I've just never seen what's so great about the GTA games whenever I play them I get bored of the missions after a few hours and killing everyone in sight can only be entertaining for so long.

The game's frame-rate looks pretty bad at times, hopefully Rockstar will sort that out.

On the graphics side of things, it's understandable that it's not looking as good as Gears of War considering the immense scale of the game's world.

One more thing, does this new trailer confirm that you can use helicopters in the game?

Graphics were never GTA's strong point.

Gameplay isn't either.

The mission structure really bores me as well. And i did enjoy entering in the cheats and blowing up stuff etc etc

I may be persuaded to eventually but this game, if it has a much much more evolving narrative, which may be the case as it hopefully moves away from stereotypes to become a true adult game.

The frame rate is one of the last things a dev does to a game anyway, i'm just hoping they do improve the graphics more, but graphics only get you so far. But hey, they really helped Gears get such high review scores.