N-Europe

No New Info For GDC

Dante

Due to a pending major stock trade, Nintendo executives and developers will not be able to discuss any "forward-looking" information at next week's Game Developers Conference, Wired News learned today.

Nintendo developers Shigeru Miyamoto, Eiji Aonuma, and Koji Kondo will be speaking to the press during GDC, but have been given specific instructions to not talk about anything that would constitute new information. For example, Aonuma can discuss past games in the Zelda series, but will not be able to answer any questions about upcoming games like Zelda: Phantom Hourglass.

The same gag order will apply to Nintendo executives Reggie Fils-Aime and Perrin Kaplan.

It is not known whether this affects Shigeru Miyamoto's keynote address, which will take place at 10:30 AM Thursday morning.

More as it develops.

Wired News

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

theres also news somewhere eurogamer of sony lanunching something big. Hope its a psp2.

I dont agree with Wired, they should be able to discuss announce games like metroid and smash.e.g. online support hopefully will be news engough. They simply cannot reveal financially sensitve info like a new console.

What are Nintendo doing with a secondary offer of shares?

This could seriously devalue the company.

I'm not all that knowledgeable on the issuing of shares, or share capital, but if they are selling shares on a secondary offering like this, disallowing any discussion on "forward looking information" and then they suddenly make an announcement that could increase the stock price, is that classified as insider trading?

Why does stock reselling prevent Nintendo from talking exactly?
Aparently because Nintendo want's to try and acquire more of their own stock and they don't want their value to skyrocket after a conference.

It might also be a rule, when big amounts of stock autions are being sold, making the value go up by announcing stuff could be considered manipulation, basically they have to keep a low profile.

Bad timing really.

Haha, Cassamassassassamina has been defeated!

Err Matt never said expect something from GDC, he said him and Bozon are going to GDC and that he knows about some big games coming this way, so either you put one and one together or you're getting really petty about this.

And if there is no new news then all the more reason for me to get a 360.

The fact that no new games have been announced this week and that there will be no news at GDC, his blog post where he shows his insider-ness is contradicted.

He didn't say new games were gonna be announced goddamit!

He said he knew about amazing new ones and that shit ones were going to be announced (refer to last week crappy ports bonanza).

I'm starting to see why you all hate him so much, you presume too much from what he says.

The fact that no new games have been announced this week and that there will be no news at GDC, his blog post where he shows his insider-ness is contradicted.

I don't get this line of thought where people think that the only way of news coming out is thourgh conferences.

he didn't say that new games would be announced.

Try reading what it says instead of making stuff up next time.

He didn't say new games were gonna be announced goddamit!

He said he knew about amazing new ones and that shit ones were going to be announced (refer to last week crappy ports bonanza).

I'm starting to see why you all hate him so much, you presume too much from what he says.

I do presume too much. He shouldn't have said anything in the first place.

You're acting like an immature little shit. Just drop this vendetta, nobody gives a rats ass.

Thank you.

I don't get this line of thought where people think that the only way of news coming out is thourgh conferences.

I don't think that, that was the most popular response in news stories and the thread (including, if I remember correctly, N-Europe's story).

he didn't say that new games would be announced.

Try reading what it says instead of making stuff up next time.

I thought that was the general consensus of news stories and the thread, everyone saying 'GDC is the date'.

Didn`t he mention a Wii demos channel?

It was hinted.

One thing Matt messed up about in is blog post is that he called the 'rumoured' channel with original VC games the 'Wii Game Demo channel', now loads of people are thinking that this new channel will offer demos of upcoming games.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!