NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

*Important* Last Night

I thought the only mention of it was only at the lounge with the topic that got locked.

Nope, it's still being talked about. Guy/3rd children is actually posting links and files so that people can still be in the know about the whole thing. Plus, the welcome board.:indeed:

I was refered from a member about the jolly discussions you all have on here. It beats reading about SEO what I am often acustomed to.

I aint a fan of the Wii as yet, see you all in the DS forums.

Gayboy-DS XxX

I love you and your name. See how its died down now. We just needed a little time and its gone.

I joined EuroFusion a week ago and haven't mentioned the site on here (until now) and vice versa. I don't see why people have to choose between one or the other, just be greedy like me and go on both :wink:

Exactleah... which is what I do.

Glad to see it's died down as well

this will haunt you forever mwahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa

though saying that, the gay thread didn't haunt me much, just made me apparently the gayest person on here *shrugs*

Exactleah... which is what I do.

What I've been doing for the past day aswell.

I read most of what was said on the last ten pages and it seems everything was said already and is going round in circles now. So although I might go slightly off-topic I'd like to raise a new point to this whole conversation.

I joined a few month before CE became RE. I felt that all of the members were somewhere between great and ok but more importantly the discussions were not only interesting but very often quite funny as well and good points were brought up. Especially Flinky's (and others as well but I seem to recall these best) more thoughtful threads that rivalled things like Fireflower on the mainpage were the source for good discussion with lots of different opinions, that were discussed but most importantly respected.

A trend that continually went downhill. Back then I read all the members posts but now I sometimes glance at the name and skip the post completely and unlike in the old days I don't visit the majority of thread anymore because they tend to be little discussions between individuals.

Now this reached a very low point yesterday and it seems people are willing to change, but things will wear off eventually as they always do.

I'd like to compare this to Batman Begins as I incidentally watched that today.

During the depression Bruce Wayne's parents were killed (that would be what happened last night), then the rich were forced to act but eventually everything became as bad as it was before but then Batman appeared and changed everything for the better.

Now I think that Batman in our case are the admins that should tighten up the rules again. The quality of the forum is defined by the members but if you prevent certain members from causing too much bad mood that can considerably improve the overall quality and experience for every member.

To put a long story short, I think the admins and mods should be the law on this forum as they used to be at CE. Because in those days I seem to recall the rules were quoted more often and people thought a lot more carefully about what to post and what not.

in response to Konfucius, i think something needs to happen to let this forum become able to discuss things in a mature way, i like reading but am too scared to post in the 1up.com boards, they have some really great discussions in there and some really good points are made.

i'd like to see N-E become a little more like that.

I see what you're saying Konfucius and Takeo. We try to be as relaxed as we can be to allow things to flow nicely. In the past, I think things were perhaps too tight, and it just ended up with people feeling scared to post, etc.

Trouble is, you've got to draw a fine line between being strict/not letting members walk over you and abuse the rules and letting things flow and allowing members to be creative. For the most part, I think the balance has been right. I don't think the admin or moderating is the problem, to be honest.

To put a long story short, I think the admins and mods should be the law on this forum as they used to be at CE. Because in those days I seem to recall the rules were quoted more often and people thought a lot more carefully about what to post and what not.

Plus other boards I see do lay down the law on members hard.

I find it weird that some of the users that got banned say they did it because they find this board crap. :hmm:

Plus other boards I see do lay down the law on members hard.

That's not always a good thing. ReZourceman is testament to that, and some of this on the forum he used to post on is baffling. :heh:

I think lately we have cracked down. Trouble is, now we have people saying "oh, guy was a good member so he shouldn't have gone" "booker was funny, he shouldn't have gone."

How can we lay down the law and keep you guys happy at the same time when we have comments like that? Every single member that has been banned from this forum has been rightfully banned, and they know so. Guy might have been a nice bloke, but he's overstepped the mark. As did Booker a while back.

Ahh, sucks to be an admin. :heh:

we still love you though!

*not sucking up just simple fact*

And I'm still confused after reading 12 pages worth!

The one day I decided not to check N-E as well..

Dabooker's account got deleted as well... why is that?

that was months ago . . .

That's not always a good thing. ReZourceman is testament to that, and some of this on the forum he used to post on is baffling. :heh:

I think lately we have cracked down. Trouble is, now we have people saying "oh, guy was a good member so he shouldn't have gone" "booker was funny, he shouldn't have gone."

How can we lay down the law and keep you guys happy at the same time when we have comments like that? Every single member that has been banned from this forum has been rightfully banned, and they know so. Guy might have been a nice bloke, but he's overstepped the mark. As did Booker a while back.

Isn't there a way to give a formal warning and/or possibly restrict their account? Maybe limiting posts per day for a while?

Isn't there a way to give a formal warning and/or possibly restrict their account? Maybe limiting posts per day for a while?

fantastic idea!!!