NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

*Important* Last Night

I think mods need to intervene in some situations, take these new members to one side, tell them what they are doing wrong and tell them that they need to fix their attitudes.

Otherwise we'll just have hoardes of older members assaulting the newer ones.

And then we have messy situations.

Good idea! Maybe there sould be an auyomatic PM when members join about forum conduct! :heh:

What have I done that's ban-worthy? Defended myself when i've come under attack every 5 seconds? Start a thread that should have been PM'ed? Said thank you to the mods?

I have the thread saved on my PC. You did plenty wrong and in my opinion may have started the whole event calling someone a (word filtered).

Yes, you've got it right.

I have another one: you should post more. :heh:

Yea I have been ignoring the homework thread a bit, little bit too much work in real life to do, you guys seems to answer everything too quickly for me to respond anyway :P. Your always welcome to PM anything.

What have I done that's ban-worthy? Defended myself when i've come under attack every 5 seconds? Start a thread that should have been PM'ed? Said thank you to the mods?

You have, or have given the appearance that you were, attempting to stir up shit.

Like I said, just lie low for a while.

I made a thread about it a while back.

Basically it's a really old chinese/japanese board game, that is really deep.

I really want to get into this but I've never found the time...or anyone to play!

I've been reading some more over at EF and I'm just at a loss with it all, to be honest. They wouldn't like it if things were the other way around and we were leeching members from them, and I'm very disappointed in the way some members, some very popular members I might add, have been encouraging people to just jump ship.

Please don't tell me you think I'm trying to drag people to EF...

I have the thread saved on my PC. You did plenty wrong and in my opinion may have started the whole event calling someone a (word filtered).

Quit with the flaming please, if only because Flinky is in a banning mood and I don't want to see a a fellow GLA co-founder get banned.

Actually I didn't mean you.

I meant Takeo as I hear he also posted some stuff, but got rid of it.

i've pm'd you what i posted which were 2 yaoi pics without any really bad things in.

You have, or have given the appearance that you were, attempting to stir up shit.

I've been defending myself when people have been attacking me personally, telling me to fuck off and just generally being arsey towards me. That's all.

I appreciate your suggestion though and the way in which you've talked to me.

exactly!

dont need to say anything else about that matter.

I am presently re-reading the thread, and yes, motion you did wrong.

Maybe not as much as certain others, but you did, nonetheless.

I've been reading some more over at EF and I'm just at a loss with it all, to be honest. They wouldn't like it if things were the other way around and we were leeching members from them, and I'm very disappointed in the way some members, some very popular members I might add, have been encouraging people to just jump ship.

Sometimes I do wish we were a lot harsher like mods or admins in the past, but people complained then about "oh, you're being too harsh." We've been a million times more lenient than back then, and now we're getting told we were harsh again?

What happened, happened.

There should be no special treatment for the members who posted what they did no matter how long they have been here or how they had behaved previously.

As for what happens now i think this thread should be locked and deleted, it can only cause controversy. Then a statement should be issued from the mods/admins about why people were banned in a separate locked thread and stickied to the top of the general board. Anybody who has a problem with this can send a PM to a mod/admin and get some closure.

After reading i feel that what i said in my first post should still happen however throw some firmer moderating in there as well.

What is this - meaningless thread 2?

its not meaningless, its allowing us to try and talk about last night in a more grown up manner.

Quit with the flaming please, if only because Flinky is in a banning mood and I don't want to see a a fellow GLA co-founder get banned.

Thats hardly flaming what i'm doing, i have all the evidence in front of me.

Please don't tell me you think I'm trying to drag people to EF...

No, I didn't mean you. You're a star. ;)

I've read posts and threads over there, and I noticed the words N-E Mass Migration popped up a lot, and they have been doing so for quite a while. The staff themselves may not be dragging people over, and you might not be, but I sure as hell think others are. I'm even more ashamed to say that these are people who once or still do belong to these forums.

Thats hardly flaming what i'm doing, i have all the evidence in front of me.

Ok, maybe you weren't flaming, but I get a suspicion it was a bit of an attempt to stir up shit.

I was refered from a member about the jolly discussions you all have on here. It beats reading about SEO what I am often acustomed to.

I aint a fan of the Wii as yet, see you all in the DS forums.

Gayboy-DS XxX

its not meaningless, its allowing us to try and talk about last night in a more grown up manner.

sorry, I was reffering to the posts about online poker and things :)

No, I didn't mean you. You're a star. ;)

I've read posts and threads over there, and I noticed the words N-E Mass Migration popped up a lot, and they have been doing so for quite a while. The staff themselves may not be dragging people over, and you might not be, but I sure as hell think others are. I'm even more ashamed to say that these are people who once or still do belong to these forums.

I thought the only mention of it was only at the lounge with the topic that got locked.

Wasn't on last night so missed it all but it seems like the proper action was taking. It's unfortunate that it had to turn out that way, it's a shame that people had to be banned but there wasn't much of a choice for the admins... It does sound like it was just a one-off thing even if it did spread to other threads though.

I joined EuroFusion a week ago and haven't mentioned the site on here (until now) and vice versa. I don't see why people have to choose between one or the other, just be greedy like me and go on both :wink:

sorry, I was reffering to the posts about online poker and things :)

ah sound then :D

you better not leave either you amazing woman you!

I joined EuroFusion a week ago and haven't mentioned the site on here (until now) and vice versa. I don't see why people have to choose between one or the other, just be greedy like me and go on both :wink:

I joined in Nov 2005 for the Mario Kart tournies and totally forgot I had an account.

Said last time I was on was 21st Feb 2006 :heh: