Kirkatronics

wii or 360?

which should i get?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. which should i get?

• 360!!
    • Wii
    • a wii60!! (bsically you dont care :()

which should i get with my hard earned EMA?

wii or 360..

im thinking people may be a little biased on this forum tho.. so gime good reasons please.

I would definitely go for a 360. There are so many great games out for it and Xbox live brings it into its own. It's actually cheaper than the Wii if you get a good bundle too.

I own both of them by the way.

I don't even have my 360 yet, but i voted for it, more great games, and great online atm.

I say the 360, I don't have one but it's what I want more than anything else materialistic at the moment. Live is great with games such as Gears of War and Call of Duty 2 & 3...and though I haven't played it online, Halo 2, and Halo 3's bound to be awesome too. GRAWs supposed to be great too.:heh:

There's just a greater range of games.

Get the Wii when you have a few extra bob.

get a 360 ! lots of cheap and good games. Wiis a bit overprice and sparse at the moment plus there is little bragging factor in having one at this stage. Not sure if a 360 update was rumoured soon

I'd get a 360. But thtas only because I already have a Wii. If I had to choose between the 2 I would still have to go for the 360 - Great games, great graphics and great online play.

Oh yay another stupid thread. Look, you're comparing two totally different consoles with different lifespans, it's all up to individual taste. I choose Wii, cause it's innovative, fun and has Nintendo games, but 360 has a nice online system and some good games too, even though it ends up quite more expensive.

360, mainly because at the mo it has the games. It has a far better line up than Wii and PS3 put together, plus I actually think Microsoft are doing a great job at the mo, and prvide a great service. Plus, I do think it has a strong line up for the future.

But ask this question in a year, when the Wii has Metroid and Mario and you'll get a different answer!

Oh yay another stupid thread. Look, you're comparing two totally different consoles with different lifespans, it's all up to individual taste. I choose Wii, cause it's innovative, fun and has Nintendo games, but 360 has a nice online system and some good games too, even though it ends up quite more expensive.

It's not a stupid thread. He's asking which console he should get.

Which should I get? A cup of coffee or a cup of tea? An Abercrombie or Hilfiger shirt? Coke or Pepsi? Wii or 360?

Oh yay another stupid thread. .

I think it is quite a timely thread. Its always interesting to guage opinion. The hype seems to dying for the wii. The opinions here actualy so far are a little surprising and I bet would have been very different a couple of months back..

if the wii had online play, it would get more love. But i get the feeling that people have either completed all their games or got bored of them.(those that cant afford a gazzillion games a month anyway)

PS the only stupid threads are the ones started by me (and stuwii)

It's not a stupid thread. He's asking which console he should get.

Which should I get? A cup of coffee or a cup of tea? An Abercrombie or Hilfiger shirt? Coke or Pepsi? Wii or 360?

It just depends what you want really. If you really value your online play, then get a 360. But, I think people are overlooking the Wii too easily. It's a new console, and it will take time to establish itself. I think there's some really great games coming soon. Excitetruck came out Friday and is bluddy awesome if I do say so myself. Sonic and the Secret Rings also looks very, very promising. Plus, you've got the comfort of knowing that there's a Metroid, Mario, Zelda and a Mario kart on the way in the future. Even without comfirmation of a Mario Kart game, it's always a possibility. It took the 360 a year for titles like Gears of War to emerge. Things like that don't just happen overnight. It is absolutely and utterly absurd to say "there will be no decent RPGS or shooters" for the Wii in the future, because we just don't know. New games get announced all the time.

But, to me, both systems just offer two completely different things. For some reason, I just don't feel excited about the 360 at all.

The hype seems to dying for the wii.

It is? Why, because people in the forums like 360? It's natural that they do it has a nice online system and it's been out for a year, but the Wii hype is far from dead. Everyone is expecting Super Paper Mario, Sonic, Metroid, Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros, etc... Not to mention the good flow of VC games and great worldwide sales.

It's not like you can't compare the 2. They're both home video games consoles. So they ahve different features, you can still compare the 2.

At this moment in time the 360 is easily the better choice of the two consoles. It has a fantastic online service with great games already out on the door. It also has awesome games coming in the future. The Wii will have good games, but I'm sure you are wanting the better of the two now since no doubt you'll be able to buy a Wii for Xmas or some special event where you get money. :)

It's not like you can't compare the 2. They're both home video games consoles. So they ahve different features, you can still compare the 2.

They 'are' and they 'offer' imply two different things.

Yeah, they're both home consoles. But, the DS and PSP are also both handhelds. Yet, there's differences between the two of them, and they both set out to do different things. PSP was about bring the home console experience to the handheld. DS was about giving you a new experience.

With the Wii, I've often regarded it as the DS's older brother. It just offers something different, unique really. Just look at the controllers for the 360 and Wii and you'll see that the difference is there from the start.

"there will be no decent RPGS or shooters"l.

RPGs are pretty much guaranteed, as Wii will dominate Japan, and JRPGs are always made console with largest userbase in Japan. In west, JRPGs cover less than 5 percent of all game sales, making them second smallest segment on the market. That's why strong console sales in west don't correlate with how many JRPGs your console gets (Xbox is best example about this).

At this moment in time, the 360 has better games, more of them, a better online service and is generally the better machine. That's all because it was launched earlier (and because Nintendo Wifi sucks). The tables could easily be turned a year from now.

Right now- the 360 is the one to go for.

Obviously they're different, but ultimately they are 2 video-game consoles and will be compared against each other.

They offer different types of video-gaming experiences but in the end they are the same thing.

RPGs are pretty much guaranteed, as Wii will dominate Japan, and JRPGs are always made console with largest userbase in Japan. In west, JRPGs cover less than 5 percent of all game sales, making them second smallest segment on the market.

Aye, but my point was that just because we don't know about these games now doesn't mean they won't be there in the future. New games get announced all the time. The future is not set. ;)

Obviously they're different, but ultimately they are 2 video-game consoles and will be compared against each other.

They offer different types of video-gaming experiences but in the end they are the same thing.

I agree with you, and in the end it just depends on what you want. If you love your Nintendo games, then it's a no brainer. If you just fancy something different to the last generation, then I'd go with the Wii again. But then, both systems have their own merits. I think it was SimonM7 would said that the killer app of the 360 was xboxlive.

warandchaos what do you want in a console then we can give you a lot better advice. but here are my personal pros for each as i own both

Xbox 360

-Graphics are in a different league

- Bigger range of games due to the console being out longer

-X Box live is great if you are really into online gaming

-XBL Arcade lots of original updated games some with online but good ones are few and far between

- Downloads such as expansions and demo's are all free and is a great feature

-You can play your own music in any game using the media guide button.

Wii

-Cheaper coneols, £180 you get the console, a game and it has internal memory so no mem cards needed

-Its something different with the controller it gives old style games a new feel

as well as innotive gaming

-Its fun. wii sports is such a good multiplayer its basic but fun

-Channels, the latest is the voting channel which i think is great, there is some good potential here

-cheaper games, about £10 cheaper on the high street, £5 online at the moment

-Virtual Console, gets more releases then XBLA, no online play but it might happen one day and original games are coming. VC will eventually have a better selection of downloads then XBLA.

-The Nintendo difference, nintendo games are just awesome.

360 has more to offer whilst every feature for the wii is not their yet. If you like online then 360 however if you like some good fun games and multiplayer then its wii. both have good single player games although with wii its pretty much zelda.

It all depends on what kind of games you like, and how much money you're willing to spend.