Kirkatronics

wii or 360?

which should i get?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. which should i get?

• 360!!
    • Wii
    • a wii60!! (bsically you dont care :()

Get a 360 because its in full flow and there are loads of great games out and loads more to come!

Get a Wii later because there is sod all out now but there should be loads of great games in the future...I'd say give it a year like the DS! The DS started with 2 or 3 great games but then nothing came out for ages!

In the end get both thats the only way you are going to get the whole gaming experience...I love my 360 like I loved my N64, and that was A LOT!!!

I'm kinda, but not really, suprised that the 360 got so many votes. That at least shows that whichever console you get you are going to enjoy it!

As for 360 RPGs: Blue Dragon and Mass Effect!

360 is far better at the moment, so get that.

Buy a Wii when the real killer apps come rolling around at the end of the year.

i have both Wii and 360 but i like my wii much more for wii i have zelda redsteel wii sports wii play and some VC games ,

for 360 i have Gears of war dead or alive saints row dead rising pro evolution soccer and table tennis ,

the wii is much more fun , and the graphics doesn't bother me i compared red steel with gears of war and to me only difference i see is in the Characters of the game not the backgrounds design stuff like that

I have both and I wouldn't choose away Wii if I had to get rid of one of them. The 360 really doesn't have that many great games (and I should know.. I uh *cough* have the opprotunity to play all of em' *cough*).

Its not a bad console though, but Wii > 360

Oh yay another stupid thread. Look, you're comparing two totally different consoles with different lifespans, it's all up to individual taste. I choose Wii, cause it's innovative, fun and has Nintendo games, but 360 has a nice online system and some good games too, even though it ends up quite more expensive.

Oh if it isn't the Portugese Mafia, here to tell everyone why the Wii has a great graphics chip, why crap like Dewey's Adventure is an awesome 'exclusive' and why people shouldn't like nice graphics.

I say Wii just because its the only home next/new generation console i own. I have considered a 360 because theres alot of games that interest me, but gaming is an expencive hobby and a Wii/DS/GBA is enough to steal all of my spare cash. That might change tho... because of one game ... Banjo Threeie!

Get a Wii for happy fun times with friends.

Get a 360 for teh graphix and online n00b pwnge.

Don't, what ever you do, get a Wii and complain that the graphics aren't good enough, or that that there isn't enough choice for "hardcore" gamers, or that you played Wario Ware for a couple of hours by yourself and had to take it back because you had "completed it already". Just don't.

Oh if it isn't the Portugese Mafia, here to tell everyone why the Wii has a great graphics chip, why crap like Dewey's Adventure is an awesome 'exclusive' and why people shouldn't like nice graphics.

why does everyone have a problem with deweys adventure?Is it because you are sour that ps3 gets metal gear 4?honestly this is konami.you KNOW pro evo will come.Where you really expecting much from the guys that barely supported the gamecube.They coulnt even be arsed making twin snakes themselves.i have heard this shit before with many other games that turned out to be classics.

It's Portuguese. And there's no such thing as a mafia here to begin with.

About the graphics chip, whom he hadn't mentioned... it's just obvious Wii can do better than dewey's adventure for crying out loud.

dance6ex2.gif

why does everyone have a problem with deweys adventure?Is it because you are sour that ps3 gets metal gear 4?

With the godawful animation in MGS4 (plus Snake looks and moves like an old Sam Fisher), I don't see what the fuss is about. Dewey's Adventure, on the other hand, looks ace.

You should get both. At least I will (got the Wii and I'm waiting for a price drop before I'm getting the 360). You'll have everything this gen has to offer. Great games for the 360 and Nintendo games. Screw the PS3, it's a great console tech-wise, but it's too expensive and many games are ported to the 360 anyway. If you don't have the money to afford both, wait for a 360 price drop (shouldn't take that long), buy one and get the Wii later when it's cheaper. The Wii doesn't really have great games atm (wait for SMG, SSBB and MP3!) worth buying the console if you're not desperate for having one, and the 360 does.

why does everyone have a problem with deweys adventure?Is it because you are sour that ps3 gets metal gear 4?honestly this is konami.you KNOW pro evo will come.Where you really expecting much from the guys that barely supported the gamecube.They coulnt even be arsed making twin snakes themselves.i have heard this shit before with many other games that turned out to be classics.

Yeah, I am sour that Konami aren't giving us MGS 4. I'm sour because I have followed Nintendo all my life and I've grown up with all their franchises, and I feel that they're making mistakes.

As for the Portuguese Mafia, I see they're in full force now!

I'm saying a 360 if you have enough money left over for the games, Wii if you fancy being cheap but the 360 is really the main console atm and has soo many good games coming this year to join the fleet of them that are already out.

Yeah, I am sour that Konami aren't giving us MGS 4. I'm sour because I have followed Nintendo all my life and I've grown up with all their franchises, and I feel that they're making mistakes.

konami never gave us anything on gamecube.NEVER!.So Elebits and deweys adventure is a start.For someone that has grown with nintendo all their lives you should be used to games with cartoonish graphics.I mean were you the kind that complained about wind wakers graphics?Or perhaps animal crossing on gamecube?

The wii cant compete with ps3 or 360 in realistic graphics but how many ps3 or 360 games look like deweys adventure?not much so it stands out.

i will buy any game as long as its fun.games like rayman are the most fun i have had in a long time with a game.i dont think gears of war would ever give me that pleasure.

and we are getting mature games anyway if thats what you mean by 'mistakes'

konami never gave us anything on gamecube.NEVER!.So Elebits and deweys adventure is a start.For someone that has grown with nintendo all their lives you should be used to games with cartoonish graphics.I mean were you the kind that complained about wind wakers graphics?Or perhaps animal crossing on gamecube?

The wii cant compete with ps3 or 360 in realistic graphics but how many ps3 or 360 games look like deweys adventure?not much so it stands out.

i will buy any game as long as its fun.games like rayman are the most fun i have had in a long time with a game.i dont think gears of war would ever give me that pleasure.

and we are getting mature games anyway if thats what you mean by 'mistakes'

At first I was shocked when I saw Wind Waker's graphics, but I loved them and thought they suited the series well. Zelda is a game that can utilise many different graphical styles as each adventure has it's own feel and style.

I realise Konami never gave us anything on Gamecube, but the Wii is selling really well, so why are they still refusing to commit to anything decent? I remeber the great SNES days when they were a powerhouse.

I realise Konami never gave us anything on Gamecube, but the Wii is selling really well, so why are they still refusing to commit to anything decent? I remeber the great SNES days when they were a powerhouse.
Because they are still silver-lining what Wii's market really is... A company can't jump supporting the underdog, and before launch Wii was the underdog; it caught a lot of developers by surprise and they had nothing prepared for it.

If a game like MGS4 flops it's the end for konami support for that platform and a lot of money involved (think of it as... a Zelda flopping), so they'll eventually do something along those lines if there's market, until there they'll support it with alternative titles, maybe even creating a parallel market.

MGS4 started being done on PS3 though, it'll be probably be easy to port to X360, but not Wii.

I disagree with not being decent, though; just not your cup of tea.

you better be careful in your sleep.

At first I was shocked when I saw Wind Waker's graphics, but I loved them and thought they suited the series well. Zelda is a game that can utilise many different graphical styles as each adventure has it's own feel and style.

see what makes you so sure that based on graphics dewey's adventure will turn out cack! i'm not going to bet that it will be good but konami is hyping this up so it seems there at least is a lot of effort going into it

see what makes you so sure that based on graphics dewey's adventure will turn out cack! i'm not going to bet that it will be good but konami is hyping this up so it seems there at least is a lot of effort going into it

I don't KNOW it's gonna be cack, I just have a hunch!

I love different graphical styles, from the sheer graphical splendour of Resident Evil, to the amazing style of Killer 7, to the graphic detail of Rogue Leader, the retro stylings of 4 swords... the list could go on.

I don't think every game has to look like MGS4, GRAW or Gears of WAR. But it's nice to have that option.

Maybe I am being a bit harsh on Dewey, but It really isn't my cup of tea. I'd love a bit of MGS though :)

As for the Mafia I'm watching my back, you guys haven't blasted everyone too much on this one.... YET lol