N-Europe

Ipod is annoying me

Goron_3

Ok i got my iPod a year ago and i always used to regular headphones you get with it.

So last month I started using these other headphones and everything was going fine until i could only hear sound from ONE of the earphones. I figured that it was just a problem with the headphones but now no matter what earphones I use, only one of the works.

What could be the problem? I've just re-synched my Ipod Library to my new laptop (thinking it was a setting problem) but it's still only playing out of one head phone *sigh*.

Ok i got my iPod a year ago and i always used to regular headphones you get with it.

So last month I started using these other headphones and everything was going fine until i could only hear sound from ONE of the earphones. I figured that it was just a problem with the headphones but now no matter what earphones I use, only one of the works.

What could be the problem? I've just re-synched my Ipod Library to my new laptop (thinking it was a setting problem) but it's still only playing out of one head phone *sigh*.

I'd hazard a guess to say it's something to with the 'pod jack. I've had similar problems with 3 sets of earphones, all having faulty connections.

the ipod headphones are some of the best quality on the market

the problem you have is a very common one whith any head phones especialy the low quality ones an has nothing to do with the ipod

unfortunatly if your ipod phones are busted or lost the replacement cost is almost as much as a shuffle so i sugest finding some cheap good quality headpones

(also some times you can use the same trick as with nintendo cart (blow on it))

no need to send the ipod back, just give "iShop" or apple stores a visit, they will get you to fill a form and exchange it for you at no cost.

why would you exchange the ipod

i'm sure the problem is the headphones it happens to me all the time when i use this cheap pair of headphones i got with a ds starter kit

Oh please, the iPod headphones have the base of a £2 pair of speakers.

They're not awful, but there are certainly better ones. I use some Sennheiser ones which are quality, but have that whole 'one wire longer than the other' thing going on where you hve to wrap one headphone wire around your neck.

Annoying.

SOLUTION TO EVERYTHING: Get something not from Apple. Except iPhones, those are ok.

Pafetic. Simply pafetic.

I have the same problem here though, but it's a problem that regulairy appears with headphone jacks: they just break. But it's not an apple-only problem - it's all over the MP3 player maarket, though I must say, people blow up the problem because iPod's are expensive. My first generation shuffle has the same smptons. Look at it on the positive side of it: you only kill ons ear instead of both. I'm serious: Kill your ears.

if you don't like earphones you could try koss portapro's. The sound quality is great and probably better than you can get with any earphones.

But it sounds like the ipod is broken as none of the headphones you tried works properly. Personally I'd tear the thing apart to see where the problem is, but getting a replacement sounds like a better idea :)

Pafetic. Simply pafetic.

Glad we agree Sylvester.

I have the same problem here though, but it's a problem that regulairy appears with headphone jacks: they just break. But it's not an apple-only problem - it's all over the MP3 player maarket, though I must say, people blow up the problem because iPod's are expensive. My first generation shuffle has the same smptons. Look at it on the positive side of it: you only kill ons ear instead of both. I'm serious: Kill your ears.

I've had the cheapest mp3 player for 4 years and I never had this kind of problem with it.

I'm frankly surprised by the iPod bashing. Mine has lasted perfectly for nearly three years now (except the headphones which just broke last week).

Anyway if all headphones only half work, it must be a hardware issue, you could send it in for repairs.

the ipod headphones are some of the best quality on the market

Fuck off are they. The headphones supplied with an iPod are shite, they are cheap give-aways. The only time I'll use those white evil beasts are when I can not find my better ones.

I've had the cheapest mp3 player for 4 years and I never had this kind of problem with it.

I didn't say it actually happens to all, I said it could happen to about every mp3 player. The earphone connection is not Apple-custom-made for your information, so it works just like anything else and breaks just as easely. No need to bash if there isn't something to bash.

In all honesty, shuffles of the first egneration were worthless things - I don't know the second generation - but the bigger brothers of the iPod collection have been the steady line of quality products and I know very few cases in wich it breaks - and most of my friends have them for years! iPods are very sturdy thigns, though they're not immune to scratches, but that's the price for beauty.