Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it was certainly considered a year ago as a option depending on Okami results, now... the game is out, it flopped in Japan, sold ok (not great) in US... Clover Studio is no more, Inaba got out of Capcom...

If they aren't doing it already the changes are bound to go downhill from here, with staff reallocation to other projects and such; I'd say the chances are getting slimmer by the minute, but still, it's now or never, and I certainly hope it's now.

They could always give the green light to a Okami 2 Wii exclusive though, that would be ok too.

You know something's rotten in the games industry when the reward for producing a magnificent adventure like Okami is the complete liquidation of your studio. All is not lost, however, as the former members of Capcom's Clover Studios have moved their aspirations to fresher soil. GameDaily BIZ reports that the team's new studio, Seeds, is currently in the process of hiring new employees to join a current roster of 51.

Amongst those lies a designer trifecta: Viewtiful Joe's Atsushi Inaba, Resident Evil's Shinji Mikami and Devil May Cry, Resident Evil 2's Hideki Kamiya.

http://www.seeds-inc.jp

Isn't this game based on ancient japanese mythology
yes it is.

GS: Do you see Capcom creating other studios in the same vein as Clover or is that a failed experiment at this point?

CB: Well that’s looking a little into the crystal ball at this moment. I think you never say never about anything but I do think the structure we have – we don’t have seperate delegated teams, we have one big team – is a great way to cross-pollinate skill sets across the whole organization, and also learning curves. So, for example, some of the team that worked on Clover titles are now helping Takeuchi-san on Resident Evil 5, helping Inafune-san on a new title for the Wii, so I think it’s very much the skill set still stays in the company when those individuals stay and, unfortunately, three individuals chose to leave.

I think the structure Capcom’s got in Japan is unique, it allows a cross-pollination between teams, a shared skillset that various games from various teams and different individuals can work on. We’re balancing that with external development talent in the West and in Japan as well when we do have dedicated teams we’re working with. In essence, at the end of the day, Capcom will always have a balance between different types of organizational structures.

Source: http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20070219/orland_03.shtml

I think, this certainly doesn't give the existance of a Okami Wii port, or point towards it.

It doesn't seem that likely. Another team could do the porting however; this doesn't rule it out though.

A new game for the Wii is an awesome thing though, considering those talented people of Clover are behind it. Who's this Inafune guy by the way?

The creator of Megaman and the guy behind Dead Rising and Lost Planet...

I'm not expecting a mature game though, considering what they've said before.

But I'm expecting a new IP.

yeah same here. although who knows in the future if the likes of manhunt 2 and no more heroes sell well they may bring more mature titles to the wii.

hot damn.. just started playing this beautifull game on my ps2 (surprise).. and I can't wait to get off from work and play on.. it's right up there already with my favorite "different-japanese games" ever.. and just as I was getting a bit annoyed by a little too long cutscene.. the game cut back to you (Wolf) who was sleeping on the ground out of boredom.. they arent above taking stabs at themselves the game designers.. ha ha

• 4 weeks later...
And finally, does Capcom have any plans for the future of Okami and even Dead Phoenix? In fact, what was the reason for the cancellation of Dead Phoenix?
Again, sorry for the less than insightful answers, but there's nothing to talk about at this time on either front. As for the reason for cancellation, it was cancelled long before I got here so again, I have no insights to provide as to the reasons.
Source: http://www.capcom.com/BBS/showthread.php?t=13017

I take it as... Wiikami is not smelling good in the kitchen :shakehead:blank:

• 5 months later...
1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!