NEurope

Just letting you know Okamiden is confirmed to be a DS-title. Which is very nice!

More (like first tiny screenshots) in the handheld-section.

Right! after it was revealed that a shocking amount of people on N-E have yet to play the original Okami yet...

Awesome news although tbh I have to admit to still having the Okami on Wii waiting to be unsealed.

You're not the only one :heh:

*shakes head in dissapointment* :nono:

And then this was suggested...

Kinda in the same boat. I bought it AGES ago, unsealed it but never got around to playing it. Perhaps some sort of N-E Okami marathon is in order :)

So seeing as no-one else has started this off I've decided to get the ball rolling... it's time for me to also admit that I hadn't played Okami... But! I am now repenting for my sins as I'm now five hours or so into the game and loving it. :D

Who else is going to join me? I think it'd be advisable otherwise we'll incur the wrath - or at least dissapointment - of Moogle...

Right I've lost a lot of respect for some of you. So either you unwrap that game and play it through or I'll just never be able to look at you the same.

And I'm sure none of us want that, so let me be the first to say...

"Please forgive me Moogle!"

As for everyone else who's yet to play this stunning game, you know what to do. ;)

I've recently started this (and possibly revived this very thread with my early frustrations!) and yes....LOVING it. Just finished the first dungeon and...now I'm kinda lost in a HUGE field area with a lady who eats dogs! But still...I'll find my way eventually and continue this sublime game. :D

I'm a couple of weeks or so from starting into it :heh:

I need to make my way through Donkey Kong 64 first which currently stands at 41% and then I'll be good to go :yay:

We all know I make reference to The Pile™ from time to time and I just felt that I needed to take care of a lot of games from that before dedicating time to Okami :heh:

Considering that I have managed to cross upwards of 30 games off the list over the 'summer' I think it's only right that I finally treat myself to the world of Okami in the run up to Halloween, one of my favourite times of the year : peace:

I'm still not very far into it because of the combination of having to cut those damn scarecrows down for that guy which never seems to work and having to slowly read that text each time (I have tried pressing and holding A, and B, and A and B and it doesn't seem to work).

I'm still not very far into it because of the combination of having to cut those damn scarecrows down for that guy which never seems to work and having to slowly read that text each time (I have tried pressing and holding A, and B, and A and B and it doesn't seem to work).

Hold 'B' then draw a swift line with 'A' from left to right through the screcrow, I think that's the way it's pretty much guaranteed to work. :)

I think my countless attempts prove otherwise :p

Seriously, I know how to do it, it just never seems to work.

I know a poor man blames his tools but god damn the Wii remote!

It took me a good while to get it right, but now I can cut down trees, scarecrows and enemies pretty much without fail, keep practicing. :)

hold z when drawing a line and it works everytime. you must also hold the controller level for a line to work. it all depends on the angle you hold the controller when drawing. after that it's a piece of cake :-)

Can anyone tell me a website where I can buy this game from relatively cheap? The one I checked are out of stock, Amazon only ships to UK and Play.com is selling it at 38€, a price a bit to high from what I was expecting to spend.

Who else is going to join me? I think it'd be advisable otherwise we'll incur the wrath - or at least dissapointment - of Moogle...

And I'm sure none of us want that, so let me be the first to say...

"Please forgive me Moogle!"

As for everyone else who's yet to play this stunning game, you know what to do. ;)

You are forgiven my child.

..gather round, children.. today is a special day :hehe:

DSC00809.jpg

This seal has been part of my life for months.. the final barrier between me and adventure :heh:

DSC00810.jpg

I'm doing it.. I'm finally doing it :eek: ..and it's off :o

DSC00811.jpg

Hello Mr. Disc.. Hello Mr. Manual :smile: ..and now for the moment we've all been waiting for..... drumroll please : peace:

DSC00812.jpg

..mmmmm.. the manual sniff :bouncy: It smells so fresh :yay:

I think I'll play the game now :heh:

Capcom has confirmed the restoration of the staff roll in the Japanese release of Okami Wii. There's also talk of the controls being fine tuned and the Japanese version is getting released in 11 days.

Capcom has confirmed the restoration of the staff roll in the Japanese release of Okami Wii. There's also talk of the controls being fine tuned and the Japanese version is getting released in 11 days.

Motherfuckers...

I had to see the ending on Youtube.

Will they release this updated version in Europe?

Okami Wii Edition: Archives?

Motherfuckers...

I had to see the ending on Youtube.

Will they release this updated version in Europe?

Okami Wii Edition: Archives?

I dont know, maybe it only for Japan.

The art for the Japanese boxart

ab002kkc0budscr2830029o.jpg

It has been a little while since all the talk of an Okami 'marathon'.. I'm wondering how many of you have actually tucked into the game?

My time has been quite limited recently and I have found myself sidetracked with a few other games throughout the last couple of months.. but what I have played of Okami, I have enjoyed very much :smile:

I played it earlier today for an hour, edging myself closer to the 8 hours of game time :hehe:

Is anyone else playing this right now? I'm trying to keep going with it as well as keeping on top of the games I have for review and The World Ends With You when I'm on the go..

It has been a little while since all the talk of an Okami 'marathon'.. I'm wondering how many of you have actually tucked into the game?

My time has been quite limited recently and I have found myself sidetracked with a few other games throughout the last couple of months.. but what I have played of Okami, I have enjoyed very much :smile:

I played it earlier today for an hour, edging myself closer to the 8 hours of game time :hehe:

Is anyone else playing this right now? I'm trying to keep going with it as well as keeping on top of the games I have for review and The World Ends With You when I'm on the go..

Nah I've still got it sealed mate lol...

Finally got round to buying this game yesterday for em and my mate for crimbo which is good because ive been really neglecting my wii of late. Enjoying it so far, ive just got to the hyrule fieldy kinda bit after slashing that rock with the warrior dude.

Started into Okami on Saturday evening! :yay:

By the time I finished playing it last night I was getting towards the 10h mark, and just crossed the makeshift log bridge after the Agata Forest. Why did I let Okami sit on the shelf so long? Its better than I expected... and quirky, which I didn't expect. Despite the graphics being a bit blurry, you get used to it. As for the controls, well they are fine if you draw stuff properly. I mean, the game isn't psychic. I tried using Z to help me with doing horizontal lines but I'm ok with the normal freehand B controls.

I died twice in the same bit last night. A battle against two of those baddies that you have to bloom to get to their weak spot. First time I was being reckless with the cherry bombs and second time they both came at me at once and I hadn't a chance. Third time I was super cautious (and found out that you have healing items!) so I beat them easily. Speaking of the cherry bombs, I can't stop using them in battles. Actually, if I do have a gripe with the controls its to do with the melee attacks. They just don't feel right. So instead of using them I've been sticking with the brush attacks which is where the cherry bombs come in. :grin:

The Japaneseness is making me want to play Muramasa too.

I tried playing this last year but I just couldnt get to grips with the combat controls or the painting with the wiimote. It's a shame as I really wanted to play this all the way through and see what all the fuss was about. I would probably be more suited to the PS2 version of the game. The Wii version is still sitting on my shelf so you never know, I may give it another try at some point.

Wow, same thing here, the game is sitting on my shelf...I did make it through the intro, but not further than that.

Still, should be worth playing...right?