NEurope

I went to the Clock Tower right after I got that power from the Cat God, but the guy inside it said he needed a 'Gimmick Gear' or something, which I didn't have.

However, I believe he was doing something with electricity, so perhaps I should go back there.

Regarding the 'T-shirt' side quest: I made a few patterns on the kimono, and those patterns become all the rage in town. But all I can remember is receiving 'praise' from the Kimono shop owner.

Is there a connection between them and the electric ghost, or is there a connection between the shop and that girl who can keeps drawing my patterns on the street and think she has the power to predict the next fad?

Ah yeah the Gimmick Gear, you're gonna need to get that first.

The T-shirts... yep if I remember rightly the connection is with the girl who draws on the ground.

Ah yeah the Gimmick Gear, you're gonna need to get that first.

The T-shirts... yep if I remember rightly the connection is with the girl who draws on the ground.

Interesting though, for I already drew the 'star'-shaped pattern she had in mind on the Kimono.

It became all the rage, but when I talked to her again, she had the exact same shape in mind....

I'm not desperate yet though, I'll take another look at it.

After long and careful internal discussions, I have decided to replace my dancing Kirby with a running Amaterasu.

However, this was not my first pick and I'm still looking for something better.

I'm hoping to get more clearity on a certain issue I had with a certain more awesome gif.

Anyway, I'm at the back in time sequence now.

Will post more once I get a good play-session going again!

(Currently in my exam week)

EDIT: Sprout fixed it for me, feast your eyes on awesome 'no-bath' Ammy :D

Edited by Fused King

Exams are over, Japanese/Japan is awesome, but I have a date with a North in peril tonight.

Alright, so the Yamato Ark went up, but I decided to roam about the world of Nippon a bit to look for treasure, beads, and also that darn 'Gimmick Gear'.

Also did the thing with the kimono guy and the girl drawing on the ground, delivered all the pottery to the sad statues at Shinshu field, and got myself a few pieces of treasure from the Emperor by trading him Demon Fangs.

Thus, I got the ability to walk on water and this made me go back from the city to Kamiki, walking on water and finding treasure and beads along the way.

Any hints on where I should go to find the 'Gimmick Gear'?

And is the Yamato Ark really then end?

Indeed the Yamato Ark is the end! :hmm:

How incredible was the North right!?

Beautiful environment, The Owl boss fights, Oki, visiting Issuns home, the time travel elements etc... and the way the stroy and the past all join up! :D

You'll find the gimmick gear in Shinshu Field.

Also, now that you can walk on water make sure to explore the two rocks on the coast that are connected by the rope, for plenty of treasures (if you haven't already visited them by lily pad/swimming)... and also the main river with the large bridge over it!

Right, so I've been doing some sidequesting and looking for beads and stuff, but I still have no clue as to where the Gimmick Gear can be found in Shinshu Field.

I though I might get it after I helped the Shinto-like Priest, but he gave me something else.

I guess one last option there is to do the Bam! Bam! Bam! at the house of the fireworks dude, but in order to do that, I'd probably have to find another upgrade for my Cherry Bomb technique.

I could use another hint here :laughing:

;)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTsxGIeiz2WiWbq3YVaXT50AKeTe7CprQ0RywMzwszrkA6AMtb9

OOOOOoooooooooohhhhh!

So those are actually challenges.

I raced him a few times, but I just thought he's a random generater of 'praise'.

:kiss:

I might do some roaming around tonight, but I don't think I'll go about getting all the beads and whatnot.

I have other things on my backlog that need attention too, no matter how awesome this gem is:D

I might just finish it tonight.

The time is now.

The time to enter the Ark, and save Nippon!

And then buy Okamiden

Make sure to watch this when you're done, as the beautiful credits and post credits scene didn't make it into the Wii version...

The time is now.

The time to enter the Ark, and save Nippon!

And then buy Okamiden

The time is soon..

The time to get back to Okami.. and save Nippon!

And then PLAY Okamiden..

Finished it and then immediately checked out the credits.

Well, ....I don't know where I should begin to praise this game, because it more or less caters to my interests in so many ways:o

:love:

For starters, it has been brilliantly translated. With the wit being kept intact, I'd say it's up their with translations of the Mario&Luigi series and the Paper Mario series.

The artstyle is a STROKE of pure genius. It's quite refreshing to see new arstyles still being invented, because it's quite hard to come up with something and make it work within a game. I'd have liked the colour-scheme to be a bit more powerful, but I guess they went for the traditional nihonga-style, which is also fine. Once my eyes adjusted, the mouth adjusted itself too.

Music, reeeeeaaaallllyyyy fucking good! A combination of epicness and quirkiness, but what it lacked were some more tunes which could be distinquished as Japanese. This was present in some tunes here and there, but the 3 big overworld tracks weren't really up that alley. A minor thing, and this more than makes up for it:

The gameplay was great as well, but nothing groundbreaking. This is a game which lends its strength from story, vision, music and dialogue. And probably also collectables. I can imagine going through this game without a guide to be one tricky endeavour. So even though I had trouble with not embarking on this quest, one glance at my backlog reminded me why it was time to end this masterpiece.

Otherworldliness, Nippon, the Japanese mythos. The developers tried to use so much, and yet Japan is so very rich of folklore that I believe they could make a 100 more of these gems. I can't wait to see what references I can discover in Okamiden :D

What a great game! ! !:love::kiss:

And what great credits!!!

Now you guys can wait and see what thread I'll revive next when it comes to my new Wii project.

Just downloaded the Original Soundtrack of this masterpiece.

Makes grown man cry :cry:

Not to be pedantic but that's not origami( it's papercraft) but damn if that ain't awesome just like the game.

Fucking awesome, but his expression. . . is a bit on the non-bad-ass side unfortunately.

Fucking awesome, but his expression. . . is a bit on the non-bad-ass side unfortunately.

Really, Fused? How much did you say you loved the game? :heh:

@Wii - Fair enough, that's not really pedantic. I'm quite pleased to have had it pointed out.

And that is true, she is not in a very fierce pose, but I suppose Ameratsu is a protective spirit!

Really, Fused? How much did you say you loved the game? :heh:

I was talking of course, about Grazza's avatar, I would never mistake Amaterasu for a man . . . hehehe :laughing:

I was talking of course, about Grazza's avatar, I would never mistake Amaterasu for a man . . . hehehe :laughing:

You could have said that you were talking about Chibiterasu.