Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Superbowl XLI

Guest Stefkov

Guest Stefkov

So its the 41st Superbowl. Who will you be cheering on tonight? Colts or the Bears?

I dont support either team but it's gonna be a hell of a game to watch.

10:30pm(GMT) ITV and Sky Sports.

Whats your predictions?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know which teams are which, but the Bears have a cool name.... so...

Go the Bears!!!

I'll be on XBL during it if anyone else wants to converse in conversation about the highly difficult rules and why it shouldn't even have Football in the title.

Guest Stefkov

American football > rugby. So many harder tackles and broken bones in American football.

I'll probably support the Colts. I'll go for 38-35 to the Colts.

American football > rugby. So many harder tackles and broken bones in American football.

I'll probably support the Colts. I'll go for 38-35 to the Colts.

Highly unlikely that the Bears will put up 35 points. Highly unlikely the Colts will too against the Bears D. Also...the rugby vs american football toughness debate is stupid because both of them are at the same level of physicality, just in different ways...rugby is attritional whilst football is more explosive so it's hard to make a proper comparison. I've taken a lot hits in rugby before (the last proper hit I made was on a 14st outside centre. Took him down but I was incredibly groggy for a minute or two...) and I think it would be the same taking a hit in football. But whatever, I love both sports.

I prefer rugby as a sport because it flows much better plus I prefer the fact that you have to be competent on both sides of the ball in rugby. But I enjoy American football for the precision of executing plays etc. Not only that but as a Northampton Saints/Denver Broncos supporter I have much more to cheer about in the NFL than I do in rugby :heh:

But I don't really care who wins this one really. As much as I want Peytato-head to lose...if he does there'll be even more rules next year to help them win the SB. So. I'm not sure. I find the Bears an inoffensive team though...that said the AFC is a much stronger conference and deserves the SB.

I am not a fan of either team , but I believe the Colts may just edge this.

There is no denying that the Bears have looked superb on defense this year and I think this will be the only reason it stays close. Manning looks like he may have proved that he can finally handle the big game (after all these years being labelled a 'choker') but I still feel that the Bears can show enough different looks on D to confuse him and cause him to throw a couple of picks.

The Colts defense has certainly picked up in the post-season but I think that Rex Grossman (despite looking improved the last couple of weeks) is due to have another bad game very soon and wonder if tonight will be that game. In that scenario the Bears best chance would lie in establishing Thomas Jones on the ground and to shorten the game , a few weeks ago this would have been highly likely against the Colts but after the improvements made in recent weeks by the Colts D that may no longer be the case.

I am looking forward to this as the Superbowl is my sporting highlight of the year but due to my dislike of both these teams I am not looking forward as much as I previously would have done.

I'm staying up to watch it, and it will be the first time I watch American Football. You guys reckon it's a good time to start (trying) to get into it?

Definantly, they don't call it the greatest show on earth for nothing.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!