N-Europe

Revolution launched in spring

RATM_4_EVA

http://www.4colorrebellion.com/archives/2005/10/14/revolution-in-spring/

IGN -Matt, love the site. I read somewhere that revolution is launcing in spring 2006 in japan! does that mean it will go toe to toe against ps3?

Matt responds: I saw that rumor floating around. It's not true. Someone mistakenly reported that Revolution would launch in Japan in the spring of 2006, based on Nintendo's recently released financial reports. However, if you read the financial reports, you'll see that Nintendo only stated Revolution would launch in 2006, period.

Sorry kiddies, just another one of thoes rumors :indeed: ...Crap! :heh: oh well these things happen.

That is a terrible idea.

I'm not expecting Revolution untill March 2007.

You are joking?! :p

No, the Revolution HAS to be released next year, everywhere! Nintendo hopefully will not make the same mistakes as they did with the CUBE.

Spring 2006?? Bloody great if you ask me!

:smile:

I expect late spring tbh. May is probably a good time, as in low demand, where as at launch there's huge demand. so the launch would counter the low demand, = resonable demand. really they don't want to fail to meet demand with a next gen console out already (unless the 360 flops big time) because obv. ppl go with cash to buy a next gen console, if its not available they're likely to buy a rival console.

even though i wouldn't like to think 2007, I could see the rev going the same way as the DS, but an earlier japan launch, US christmas, europe march 07. We can only hope its more like mario kart release dates and not animal crossing release dates.

EDIT: I think it depends what they mean by spring, is that Q1(jan-Mar) or Q2(Apr-June), cause that leaves Q3(july-sept) for US and Q4(Oct-Dec) for europe, which would work out nicely if you ask me, but nintendo europe have always had a funny way with working out release dates, look at the DS drought over Q3 then meteos, nintendogs, fifa, castlevania, advance wars all within a couple of weeks, who knows how they worked that out?????

EDIT2: Was read the ign mailbag and the spring 2006 thing is bull apparently, the report just says 2006, not spring 2006 sorry guys another rumor!

Iwata (or maybe Aonuma/Miyamoto) said that Zelda: The Twilight Princess will not launch before April 2006 but also said it will launch a couple of months before Revolution.

So if April 2006 is the earliest date for Zelda the Revolution won't launch in spring but more likely in summer/autumn '06.

That's very, very good news. I was expecting Japan late summer as earliest. This is going to get them into very good competition with the Playstation 3, especially if it's going to cost half of what the PS3 does. This makes me absolutely confident the Revolution will get launched in Europe next year.

We still have to wait for an announcement by Nintendo though, although the plans sound really promising.

I would be very suprised if it did. theres 5 months until the end of spring 2006, 5 months to win over alot of new/current/old gamers as possible and to give more information about revo. And this has to be before the end of spring if that article is true, so E3 would be out of the question, because that is apparently too late for the predicted.

Iwata (or maybe Aonuma/Miyamoto) said that Zelda: The Twilight Princess will not launch before April 2006 but also said it will launch a couple of months before Revolution.

So if April 2006 is the earliest date for Zelda the Revolution won't launch in spring but more likely in summer/autumn '06.

Wait, that doesnt make much sense, because Twilight princess is slated at Q1 2006, but if what your saying is true, it wont be out Q1 but Q2.

Hmm, when was this said? Must of been recent if true..

I think a May/Summer launch is heavily needed for the Rev!!

Mind you; E3 isn't until the end of May and it isn't going to launch before then!!

Nintendo had better be careful; with Zelda:TTP out in March/April, and that being pretty much the gamecubes last game, what are Nintendo expecting everyone to do for new console games between March and who knows when (what could be over 6 months)!!!

Surely the gap between two consoles should be as short as possible, but i don't see that happening!

(also; I think Zelda:TTP is due out in March isn't it?)

Nintendo have said Zelda:TP will NOT be released before the end of the current fiscal year, which is 31st March 2006. That means that April will be the very earliest that the game comes out, so as it stands we do not know when the game will be released in any reliable fashion.

Wow, zelda's been delayed pretty far back then. And DCK, it could also be bad news, because europe most likely wont get it til 2007 because of PAL encoding, but hopefuly they'l take on microsofts idea but only do it when they are fully ready and launch em all within the same time frame.

The Rev won't be delayed to 2007 for no reason. If Microsoft can launch a console all over the world at about the same time when there weren't even proper devkits 5 months before, then Nintendo can certainly launch the Revolution everywhere in 2006 if they want to.