N-Europe

Heroes hath returned! *SPOILERS!*

Dan_Dare

Great episode!

Anyone else catch onto Sylar's plan? He was going to have every single super-human killed and then steal their powers and basically become god!

tbh im thinking that the series is going to end with a Hiro vs Sylar fight (Hiro doesnt need Peter's help to win that one) and then Peter exploding

How was he going to absorb their powers though? they were going to be executed en masse in the 'clinics'. He was just trying to make himself the unique one on a much larger scale.

I think you might be right about Peter though. How's about this for a theory: 'Save the cheerleader, save the world' was never meant to stop the explosion. Instead, it means that Sylar is killed, never becomes Nathan and never instigates genocide against all the super humans. It'd be really cool if they did it that way. It changes the whole meaning of the series.

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How was he going to absorb their powers though? they were going to be executed en masse in the 'clinics'. He was just trying to make himself the unique one on a much larger scale.

I think you might be right about Peter though. How's about this for a theory: 'Save the cheerleader, save the world' was never meant to stop the explosion. Instead, it means that Sylar is killed, never becomes Nathan and never instigates genocide against all the super humans. It'd be really cool if they did it that way. It changes the whole meaning of the series.

He could've done it. I mean he couldn't have taken everyone's powers, but he could've gone to one of the places where people were being rounded up and killed, and use his illusion abilities to kill them himself. On your other theory though... I don't think that's what "save the cheerleader, save the world" was meant to mean, if you look at Hiro's timeline, for him it was all about stopping the NYC bomb to save Ando.

You're right that it will save the world though. I wonder if they're actually going to stop the NYC explosion or not....

ok i havent read any of the thread, but i saw a trailer for an episode can anyone give me the basics of this programme. is it mutants (xmen esq?) or aliens and what is the plot?

Well, its basically mutant or genetic. These folks discover they have powers and its all very realistic...not code names, and spandex. Conspiracies, twists and shenanigans...Its totally awesome.

Its my favourite TV programme ever.

By the way, Wiki has this listed as coming to BBC2 in June.

sweet i might have to watch that then.

Word. I dont say its my favourite show lightly. Im an UBER 24 fan, but Heroes, just edges in front IMO. I also think that Heroes could go for longer than 24...24 has a gimmick involved that must surely get stale at some point (Saw the first 7 or so Eps of 24 season 6, and it does seem to be getting a bit repetitive/tired)

The second volume of Heroes, to be titled ''Generations.'' The new saga will focus on putting the Heroes mythology in a grand historical context of superpowered family dynasties. ''I know exactly where season 2 starts,'' says Oka. ''It focuses on heritage, the family line, and the source of the powers.'' That means the ''older'' generation of heroes — including George Takei's Papa Nakamura and especially Cristine Rose's Mama Petrelli — should expect more screen time. ''I'd like to think she's going to become queen of the world,'' says Rose. ''But I don't think that's going to happen.

heroes-opener_l.jpg

"The season's final episode, in which the show's sprawling, far-flung cast of next-gen X-Men will finally come together Super Friends-style in an attempt to save New York from being torched by a human A-bomb. ''The fifth act is ridiculous,'' chuckles the 49-year-old Kring. ''It's like a $90 million movie. It's just...big.''

Just watched episode two......... HOLY FREEKING MOTHER OF FREEKING FREEKING GOD! THIS SHOW IS AMAZING!!

Episode two? Welcome to the club, honey - you've joined the ranks of lovers of great, original and new television. Like LOST-fans, but then something that goes faster and more action-paced. And a quicker story.

Guest Stefkov
"The season's final episode, in which the show's sprawling, far-flung cast of next-gen X-Men will finally come together Super Friends-style in an attempt to save New York from being torched by a human A-bomb. ''The fifth act is ridiculous,'' chuckles the 49-year-old Kring. ''It's like a $90 million movie. It's just...big.''

That sounds amazing.

Can't wait now, but I don't want it to end.

Guest Jordan

I really hope they don't ditch all the best characters for the next season and utterly ruin it.

I really hope they don't ditch all the best characters for the next season and utterly ruin it.

I thought the second season was going to focus on a different cast? I remember reading a quote from Tim Kring where he said the first season is Volume One — it says so at the start of the pilot — and that in Volume 2 it would be a different story following a different band of burgeoning heroes. I wouldn't be surprised if a few familiar faces pop up, though.

Sylar gets his new powers from looking at people's brains, figuring out how they work and imitating them. If there were mass mutant graves then he'd be able to pick out the best without having to hunt them down and kill them himself

Sylar gets his new powers from looking at people's brains, figuring out how they work and imitating them. If there were mass mutant graves then he'd be able to pick out the best without having to hunt them down and kill them himself

But... the brains are missing afterwards. I figured he just ate them. 45 minutes, gas mark 5, bit of seasoning, some roasties on the side.

But... the brains are missing afterwards. I figured he just ate them. 45 minutes, gas mark 5, bit of seasoning, some roasties on the side.
Yeah that's what I thought aswell!

Wouldn't like to see Sylars bag on Ready Steady Cook!

Season 2; Yeah I expected the story of Linderman, Peter's Mum and Dad and Hiro Father to be explained in future episodes and I hope that a lot of the current Heroes return!