NEurope
ReZourceman

Most Annoying Video Games Fans?

A lot of people would say Nintendo fans Im sure, but you just need to look at this site to prove that wrong.

In my opinion Final Fantasy fans are the worst...."OMGzz Im gett1n teh PS3 4 theh FFXIII!!!!111"

What say ye?

Every type of video game fan has their fair share of decent people and utter fanboys. None are really any better than the other.

Xbox fans are the worse I would say mainly because most of them are converts from the Playstation 2. They are convinced that they have what it takes to take the top spot from Sony, they whine about everything and if you don't like Gears Of War well then you're going to get it from them. Also they seem to have a huge dislike of people who mod consoles yet most of them blatently download music etc

In my opinion Final Fantasy fans are the worst...."OMGzz Im gett1n teh PS3 4 theh FFXIII!!!!111"

What say ye?

I know that's a parody of final fantasy fans and such, but are there still people I speak in such a dialect?

I only see it nowadays when people are trying to mock the apparent fanboys that use it, yet I hardly ever see people seriously using that type of language.

And I think personally, judging from the people among this forum, there are only a few big videogames fans who are one minded jerks that have ridiculously blinkered views. Like that guy on these forums who stated that the Final Fantasy exclusive to the NES was the best Final Fantasy, merely because it was a Nintendo exclusive. In my oh so humble opinion, that guy is the worst type of fan. Surely people agree?

"Hardcore" gamers, and by that I don't mean anyone who has a passion for games, I talking about the type who laugh when people say they're finding a game difficult, boast about having completed games in a quarter of the time reviews said it would take and generally treat games as a means of stroking their ego.

Annoying ones are ones who quote statistics as "fact", even though the statistics are opinion-based to begin with.

"Hardcore" gamers, and by that I don't mean anyone who has a passion for games, I talking about the type who laugh when people say they're finding a game difficult, boast about having completed games in a quarter of the time reviews said it would take and generally treat games as a means of stroking their ego.

You can have a word up on that.

Them "I beat it in 2 Hours!"

Me ; "Congrats, you just spent £30 for 2 hours of fun."

PC Gamers. And I used to be one. Their snobbish elitism is the reason the PC games market is so stangnant and has lost my interest, because anything that's not a new FPS, RPG or RTS with bleeding edge graphics is "LOL, console crap, kiddie game, 2004 gfx rofl"

Which is why people don't make anything new for PCs, just inch along the graphic road with existing shooters, racing games etc.

Minors (under 18 years of age) in support of Playstation.

Terrible taste in games usually. Buy all the multiplatform crap and ignore the actual decent games available on the system. Cannot justify properly why its the better console, their lack of leadership and to be able to think as an individual means they just FOLLOW others and buy into mediocrity.

There's two types:

1) The hardcore gamer that is proud to have no life and thinks he's the god of the universe because of hardcoreness.

2) The insane fanboy/attention freak whose Bible is Gamerankings.com doesn't believe in own opinion.

The ones who only buy GTA, Fifa or Need For Speed whenever they come out.

Or the ones that totally bum Sony to high heaven...

Having seen a lot in the past 10 odd years, Nintendo fan/boys are the worst. Especially in packs.

A Nintendo fan boy is an fascinating thing! When alone they are mostly harmless, trolling a forum or two but are quickly silenced by the voice of reason (other forum members).

But when Nintendo fan boys meet in packs all hell can break loose, while posting around a group of Nintendo fan boys, be cautious to what you write for the most innocent words like "kiddy, specs and 8,8" can enrage a crowd of Nintendo fan boys to the brink of insanity, resulting in bloody forum war where the crowd of Nintendo fan boys post 10 page long answers to the so called insults but in reality they are only lying to them selfs

Elitist fanboys are the worst.

Edit: The ones that are mature enough to enjoy multi console gaming, but not mature enough to respect other people.

PC Gamers. And I used to be one. Their snobbish elitism is the reason the PC games market is so stangnant and has lost my interest, because anything that's not a new FPS, RPG or RTS with bleeding edge graphics is "LOL, console crap, kiddie game, 2004 gfx rofl"

Which is why people don't make anything new for PCs, just inch along the graphic road with existing shooters, racing games etc.

That is pretty much my view too. PC 'gamers' in my experience are the worst.

Hey i take offense to that :p

I was first and always will be a PC gamer and some genres just work far far better on a PC than any console.

Genre's were started here and new ones will appear as time goes on.

First FPS, first RTS and first MMORPG. Graphics are still pretty important to me, hell i buy a new PC every 2 or so years so i can play the latest games at the highest settings. PC's are now already ahead of current gen games consoles (360 and PS3).

Good for them. It's not like there's anything wrong with them for wanting the console just to play the next game in their favourite series. I'd buy a PS3 JUST for Shenmue III if it happened. And surely most people here are the same with Nintendo games, especially Zelda, surely that's the reason you buy the console anyway?

The ones who only buy GTA, Fifa or Need For Speed whenever they come out.

Or the ones that totally bum Sony to high heaven...

Yes, ignorant people that only play certain games in order to look 'cool'. They're my most hated.

Genre's were started here and new ones will appear as time goes on. First FPS, first RTS and first MMORPG.

We're going back decades for the birth of each of those. Where are the fresh concepts for PC games? The Sims is probably all I can think of off the top of my head in terms of a 'risky' game that became a massive PC sucess, and that was a progression of the 5 a month tycoon games we still see released.

I've got a pretty beefy PC (OK, probably not to people who buy their ahrdware weekly, but I can run oblivion maxed out) but it's not been used for games for quite some time.