NEurope
ReZourceman

Most Annoying Video Games Fans?

People who before a game/console comes out are searching for every last bit of information and pissing themselves with excitement, but then when it comes out are the first to mark it as a 'disappointment' and generally slag it off. If you build it up to be the solution to all humanities problems of course its going to be disappointing you numpties.

A Nintendo fan boy is an fascinating thing! When alone they are mostly harmless, trolling a forum or two but are quickly silenced by the voice of reason (other forum members).

But when Nintendo fan boys meet in packs all hell can break loose, while posting around a group of Nintendo fan boys, be cautious to what you write for the most innocent words like "kiddy, specs and 8,8" can enrage a crowd of Nintendo fan boys to the brink of insanity, resulting in bloody forum war where the crowd of Nintendo fan boys post 10 page long answers to the so called insults but in reality they are only lying to them selfs

Indeed. I remember the GameFAQs message boards at the time of the Gamespot's 8.8 for Zelda. The highlight being the thread entitled "Jeff Gerstman was abused as a child", it was insane.

Nintendo fanboys, myself included, are the worst.

A Nintendo fanboy tend to boycott Sony products.

You do not boycott them.

Dabookerman

Mission accomplished.

A Nintendo fanboy tend to boycott Sony products.

You do not boycott them.

Oh, I try. I really do dislike Sony, and it's for no reason more than their shoddy products and stealing Nintendo's crown. The fact there are other reasons to validate my hatred just makes it so much more powerful.

Ladies and gentleman, I give you... the fanboy within.

Final Fantasy fans. Most of them are utter faggots who have to use a japanese word every scentence in my experience.

Most Nintendo fans are blind fools aswell. Happy to ignore facts because they don't fit into their little fantasy view of how the world works.

Shit, everyone annoys me. Except Dabookerman.

Only going by people that I know, Xbox fans.

"I'll bring my Xbox360 to your house and we'll make it fight the Wii and it will win because it's bigger!"

"I'll bring my Xbox360 to Nintendo club and we'll play that instead of the Wii!"

"Xbox360 is a proper name, not spazzy like Wii!! Wait I need a Wii!!"

It gets reeeeeeeeeeeeally old after the first two times, yet happens every day.

Indeed. I remember the GameFAQs message boards at the time of the Gamespot's 8.8 for Zelda. The highlight being the thread entitled "Jeff Gerstman was abused as a child", it was insane.

Makes me laugh that they kind of turn on their own, so to speak.

Fact is that as a forum GameFAQ's holds the most annoying video games fans.

From a platform perspective though, I agree with the majority in saying that those Nintendo fans come out on top there. I class Nintendo fans as the ones that just refuse to play any other game on any platform and all that, the constant 'Wii is the best' stuff', and the one where they claim Nintendo does no wrong.

Oh, and WoW fans. I don't want to go to work and have to listen to a geek convo between two late 20 somethings about their warriors and wizards. And then a constant "buy WoW" into my ear for a good 6 months. Go play a real game.

The ones who only buy GTA, Fifa or Need For Speed whenever they come out.

They are also my most hated. I always check the UK gaming charts and its a sad sight to see so many bad titles so very high up in the charts. Also the ignorant people who buy things like Happy Feet and any other terrible movie based title.

They are also my most hated. I always check the UK gaming charts and its a side sight to see so many bad titles so very high up in the charts. Also the ignorant people who buy things like Happy Feet and any other terrible movie based title.

Yeah this news saddened me

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/754/754661p1.html

Midway Games announced with much jubilation that it has shipped more than 1.8 million units worldwide of its Happy Feet videogame.

Final Fantasy fans. Most of them are utter faggots who have to use a japanese word every scentence in my experience.

Most Nintendo fans are blind fools aswell. Happy to ignore facts because they don't fit into their little fantasy view of how the world works.

Don't be so hidoi... I like final fantasy. :heh:

Seriously though, I don't really find anyone that annoying, though fanboys can be irritating.

Every type of video game fan has their fair share of decent people and utter fanboys. None are really any better than the other.

That's the only decent comment on this thread. This just shows ignorance. Do you honestly think that everyone who likes Final Fantasy etc. is exactly the same.

I'll tell you the worst type of fan. the ones that categorize everyone that doesn't have the same taste in games as them and say they are idiots/fanboys and don't even realise the ignorant hypocrisy that they are showing.

Haha, well in my own experience there are two types of FF fans.

The ones who have massive debates on how Aeris/Aerith is pronounced. (The ones you just mentioned, fat Yuna cosplayers...)

Although they are more fanboys/girls then anything else. And yeah, using japanese in the middle of a english conversation is annoying as fuck. Makes it sound like someones pathetic attempt at superiority.

OHHH KONEEEEECHEEEWA, OH GEEEENKIII DESSUUUUUUU KAAA. IM GREAT, MY MY YOU LOOK KAWAAIIIIIII

That program about american otakus in japan, truly embarrasing stuff.

My friends from uni are big FF fans, but to an extent that i am a MGS fan. I have managed to see what the fuss was about, i absolutely love the music now.

Thankfully they aren't the annoying ones you just described.

God, not that video again... now those fans aren't just annyoing, they're cringeworthy...

Them Sinclair Spectrum fans. Complete tossers.

not as bad as those amtrad fans

Seriously though playstation fanboys are the worst.I find most of them grew up with a ps1 and never played any other make

Oh, I try. I really do dislike Sony, and it's for no reason more than their shoddy products and stealing Nintendo's crown. The fact there are other reasons to validate my hatred just makes it so much more powerful.

Ladies and gentleman, I give you... the fanboy within.

Well, I dont really hate Sony with pure utter hatred like i used to. But i still avoid their products in general. This is more to do with the fact that every product i owned from them have broke.

This is more to do with the fact that every product i owned from them have broke.

That's unlucky. I usually find Sony products to be good quality.

With Sony you often pay the premium for the design and some of their patent tech.

Back when they had the Trinitron system that makes images 3 times sharper on a SDTV they were kings.

I got one and I like it to the day- but the new Bravia brand hasn't really got anything above the competitors.

While LG has become quite stylish with their phones in the last year or two- they used to be quite a generic brand.

I have a LG monitor that doesn't even have an LG logo, proper cheap.. proper good quality.

Sony you typically pay for design, engineering and the name- laptops, PlayStations and old TVs excluded they don't have much on their competition.

With Sony you often pay the premium for the design and some of their patent tech.

Back when they had the Trinitron system that makes images 3 times sharper on a SDTV they were kings.

I got one and I like it to the day- but the new Bravia brand hasn't really got anything above the competitors.

While LG has become quite stylish with their phones in the last year or two- they used to be quite a generic brand.

I have a LG monitor that doesn't even have an LG logo, proper cheap.. proper good quality.

Sony you typically pay for design, engineering and the name- laptops, PlayStations and old TVs excluded they don't have much on their competition.

Yeah i mean, when i go searching for a HDTV, it will probably be from LG or Samsung, because i have seen these TVs, and they are generally really good quality.

Both my PC monitors are BenQ, excellent quality.

That is pretty much my view too. PC 'gamers' in my experience are the worst.

Yeah, the most annoying I always think are PC gamers, especially the terribly close minded ones, awful!

Minors (under 18 years of age) in support of Playstation.

Terrible taste in games usually. Buy all the multiplatform crap and ignore the actual decent games available on the system. Cannot justify properly why its the better console, their lack of leadership and to be able to think as an individual means they just FOLLOW others and buy into mediocrity.

Holy shit, I'm agreeing with solitanze.

Score junkies.

we all saw the 8.8 fiasco- people who got into a frothing rage about a game they were yet to play because, somehow, 8.8 wasn't good enough. You know, because it's a Nintendo game, and therefore a sacred cow.

not just nintendo fans either. I saw a guy cancel a halo 2 pre order on the grounds that a 94% review was too low. I shit thee not.

I don't hate fanboys, I pity them. I am only really irritated with people who waste money. They're mostly uninformed casual gamers who buy FIFA, PES or Championship Manager year after year after year.

I don't hate fanboys, I pity them. I am only really irritated with people who waste money. They're mostly uninformed casual gamers who buy FIFA, PES or Championship Manager year after year after year.

Championship (or Football as it is now) Manager is fucking awesome!