N-Europe

I'll go against logic with this one

KingOfHyrule

Yes, but they're based on the same processor. A PowerPC G3. Gekko. They've made the natural evolution - and they should have after five years of GameCube - but they're haven't made the clearest evolution. I'm sure IBM could have pumped out and clocked at 1,88 Ghz, like the iBook did about four years ago now. RAM memory isn't that expensive anymore and neither are hard drives. They could have pumped the system up, and that bothers a lot of people. i guess that for 250 dollars or euros you could create a more powerfull system, though not as compact and only if you pay straight prices, not the ones in story, but factoryprices. The factoryprise of a Wii is about one hundred dollars down. If it was fifty dollars profit, it would have bein a greater console. Not that I care about graphics, but I am defending the fact they could have bein better.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow based on the same processor...wow therefore it must be identical. I should have known...all these games that use the Unreal Engine and are based on it are actually exactly the same as well. All things based on other things are identical.

OH THE HUMANITY. WHY MUST YOU DO THIS LORD WHY?

I'm trying to make a point.

People are saying that the Wii is just a gamecube repackaged...that couldn't be further from the truth. I am stating these statistics to show these people that they are wrong...I do not give a rats arse whether it makes me look smarter or not, I am just fed up with general ignorance by people who do not know what they are on about

I'm trying to make a point.

People are saying that the Wii is just a gamecube repackaged...that couldn't be further from the truth. I am stating these statistics to show these people that they are wrong...I do not give a rats arse whether it makes me look smarter or not, I am just fed up with general ignorance by people who do not know what they are on about

I wasn't actually referring to you. It's just people go round to specs to try to prove a point. This isn't the 90s.

I wasn't actually referring to you. It's just people go round to specs to try to prove a point. This isn't the 90s.

I was quoting Nintendo to prove my point, not spec-ing. Whatever. Just stop nagging, ti's a forum wich means everything is at discussion, including specs. Yes, we're not the nineties, or like Satoru 'It prints Money' Iwata said: 'I could show you the specs, but I won't. For one simple reason: they simply don't matter'. But they do matter. Don't just beleive everything Nintendo wants us to believe.

like Satoru 'It prints Money' Iwata said: 'I could show you the specs, but I won't. For one simple reason: they simply don't matter'. But they do matter.

Why do the specs matter? Give me one good - and I do mean good - reason why we need to know what the Wii's specs are.

Because it's a load of egotistical presumptious bull5hit from Iwata. Every piece of electronics ever made has released its specs, suddenly Nintendo claim they are above that sort of thing?

We'd like to know. Or are you worried that we'll laugh at how ridiculously underpowered the Wii is for a supposed next-gen console?

Because it's a load of egotistical presumptious bull5hit from Iwata. Every piece of electronics ever made has released its specs, suddenly Nintendo claim they are above that sort of thing?

We'd like to know. Or are you worried that we'll laugh at how ridiculously underpowered the Wii is for a supposed next-gen console?

The specs were not given out because they knew they would be rideculed in front of the other 2 consoles.

That is a simple fact.

I still don't see what the huge fuss is with knowing about the specs. At the end of the day, who cares? Apart from the small minority of nerds who get their kicks from knowing how technically superior/inferior each system/product ever is, the rest of us are just going to carry on with our lives, regardless. Let it go, people. Let it go.

I don't care about the specs and wouldn't know what to make of it anyway. I just don't see why they can't release them.

If they mean nothing to you, and you don't care for them anyway, what difference does it make? It's such a trivial thing, and it's not even worth bothering about.

This is thread is tiring me. One batch keeps on screaming 'it's really much better than the Cube', while it's not, and the others simply refuse to accept that the GameCube reuse was a smart decision to make while nobody really seems to read each other's posts (except FLink).

Go buy a 360.

This is thread is tiring me. One batch keeps on screaming 'it's really much better than the Cube', while it's not, and the others simply refuse to accept that the GameCube reuse was a smart decision to make while nobody really seems to read each other's posts (except FLink).

Go buy a 360.

Or resort to my solution that was posted in the "component looks better huh" thread where I suggested waiting for a few years for an ultra advanced computer to get decent graphics that wil make PS3 look like a N64 in comparison.

Why do the specs matter? Give me one good - and I do mean good - reason why we need to know what the Wii's specs are.

Exactly, I'm asick of people quoting the specs at me over the graphics issue. Some people on this board talk a load of technical jargon saying what the Wii is capable of, then you see shit looking games.

A spec sheet is not what matters, it's how that translates into actual games. I don;t care what people say the Wii is capable of, the games (with a couple of exceptions) look like poo.

Iwata made a valid point, whether you think he's being presumptuous or not. Since the Wii's focus is its controller(s), and the most important reason why it differs so much from competing systems, why do the Wii's specs matter? In fact, forget about the Wii for a second, why did we need to know the Xbox 360's specs? Because knowing them isn't making that console's games play any differently!

And I'm not worried about how underpowered the Wii is when compared with other next-gen systems. I've said myself that, from what I've seen of the games so far, it doesn't seem any more powerful than the Gamecube. Even so, for assuming that it isn't, it isn't making its respective games play any differently.

You can't give me a good reason why knowing a console's specs is important because there isn't one. All this 'specs matter' is complete rubbish and you know it, even if you can't admit it.

Specs matter in this case because because they have pigeonholed the Wii into a last-gen port machine.

At first i thought it was a smart move. Great! no 360/PS3 ports! Developers will be forced to create new games since the specs are so vastly different. The Wii will have its own unique library. And to be fair, Nintendo probably had this in mind as well.

Fast forward to the present, the Wii gets the PS2/PSP library instead. Yawn

This debate has been reproduced so many times, hasn't it. As far back possibly as GDC.

Someone obviously haven't kept up. I reckon someone will bring this back all over again in 3 months. And we'll have an identical exchange. Oh dejavu, captain. Someone should turn all this into a doc and redirect all related posts to it :wink: