NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
KingOfHyrule

I'll go against logic with this one

Obviously you've never played either game. I have and they are stunning like that. Hence why I know they're in game.

So you'd be complaining if Wii had the PS3 or 360's power with the added bonus of the current innovation?

Erm no, PGR3 has far more jaggys than that picture, oh wait it has none.

Yes, Real-Time Pre-Rendered Images

Thats a big fat contradiction.

What's the debate again?

As far as i know, the top one is an actual gameplay screen, while the other 3 use the gameplay engine but are taken from different angles

?

No, not stunning at all

resistance-fall-of-man-20061110064422873.jpg

project-gotham-racing-3-20060419091129494.jpg

project-gotham-racing-3-20050820023923725.jpg

gears-of-war-20070107090619931.jpg

Of course it's more important for games to be fun, but next gen visuals such as these enhance the experience.

Lazy ports of PS2 games, do not.

That first game....thats the FPS alien jobbie on the PS3, correct me if I'm wrong...

I was playing that the other week for around 45 mins and I have to say it left me underwhelmed. Both graphically and in gameplay for what was under the bonnet, and after playing CoD3 on Wii it felt a worse experience too.

Edit: (Seems I'm wrong. I aint played gears yet if thats what it is...but I still stick to what I say regarding the game I was playing on PS3)

The racer is PGR3 ?

Only played the demo that was on the 360, looks stunning walking around the cars at the garage scene, so it should for the power of the machine but the detail is lost in the thick of the game, I couldnt say it offers any enhancement for anyone other than a bystander.

The last one I dont know, but I can nitpick if I choose to :P

And considering they are pre-rendered pictures for pre-release journalistic publishing...thats saying a lot

And considering they are pre-rendered pictures for pre-release journalistic publishing...thats saying a lot

Well, the point is they aint that special to begin with.

My problem with supposedly realistic HD graphics on the 360 and PS3 is that they just made them ultra shiny to make them look better...it really doesnt work

I think I might argue this in a way that motion2000 might be happier with.

"wow 4 shots"

Sure, everyone likes to go out and stir up a bally-hoo about Nintendo not making anough original IPs anymore. But let's be really honest with ourselves here: how many people on this forum actually went and bought Brain Training? Or got bored of Nintendogs after a week, having entirely missed the point? Be honest now.

And if your really that bothered about the graphics, you really, really, should just go get a 360. Nintendo will do fine, don't you worry.

I'm sure if they were technically more similar then games like Rainbow Six Vegas etc would be ported over with Wii-mote controls. But because of the difference they won't be.[/Quote]

Well, for those of us who don't want the likes of Rainbow Six on the Wii, a big hurrah! dance2.gif

The Gamecube was purple - PURPLE.

My two are black. And since the black Gamecube sold more than the purple Gamecube, most people's were black. I'd have still bought it though if purple was the only colour. The games are far more important to me than what colour the console is.

Can i just say how silly this argument is, the Wii has only been out for a month, it's a risk you take when you are a launch day buyer and don't wait till it's been out for a year. On party games the visuals serve their purpose. Remember what they did with resi 4 on cube, the Wii is more powerful than the cube so when developers put some effort in which they will do coz it will still be a lot cheaper than utilizing the power of the PS3 & 360 we are gonna get some stunning games.

motio2000, you're making it seem like we're all saying the Wii's graphics are awesome and the best ever. Nobody has ever said that

KingOfHyrule has some fair points there, and I'm sure most of us have had similar feelings. I too hope the future of the Wii isn't in naff party games and crap like Sponge Bob. Nintendo need to step it up a notch - and not just with Mario and chums either! Innovation is supposed to be the Wii's middle name.. so let's see some!

Yes, it's only been out a month. Things will improve. So far I've been very contented with WiiSports, Red Steel and, of course, Zelda. On the graphics front, I'm pleased that games now run in widescreen as standard, but other than that there haven't been any significant improvements on the capabilities of the cube. There isn't a single game (except perhaps TP in parts) that rivals, let alone betters, Resi4.

I really don't think people should worry so much though - the lack of care and effort that has been put into most third party titles is not an indication of what the system is capable of

Project Hammer the name is shit enough to make me not even look at it.

The way Reggie described it- maybe he was nervous or something.. err with this game we know you like to smash stuff- so we made Project Hammer!

What a fucking concept- smash stuff. Worst game on the Wii confirmed, worse than Fruit Fall.

edit. I'm indifferent about Disaster- depends how the game is flowed and whether the format suits the crisis game- it could be very good.

Hahah I was reading their site the other day- such a bad typo.

Sadness will be AAA game. I think they meant to say Sadness wil be a game.

They're legit Nintendo developpers now, but really all we've seen is some bad stock acting in black and white with some fancy artwork.

I'm interested but I really don't see why their PR man won't let them speak- it makes me think that progress is slow in Poland.

They say they're concentrating on the Wii game even though DS Raid over River was already on the way and easier to be a success on.

Sure, everyone likes to go out and stir up a bally-hoo about Nintendo not making anough original IPs anymore. But let's be really honest with ourselves here: how many people on this forum actually went and bought Brain Training? Or got bored of Nintendogs after a week, having entirely missed the point? Be honest now.

And if your really that bothered about the graphics, you really, really, should just go get a 360. Nintendo will do fine, don't you worry.

For Gaggle:

I could be your lover

You could be all mine

We'd go on forever

Til the end of time. ;)

It's been..what, a month? A bit too soon to hit the panic button, I feel.

So far, I've got Zelda and Monkey Ball. Still enjoying WiiSports very muchso, and even more due to me finally getting a second remote.

With regards to the Zelda debate, I've explained my views in another thread, but I love this game, and definitely a lot more than the Wind Waker.

I was disappointed with the multiplater of Monkey Ball, but the single player is actually pretty good.

I still want to pick up Red Steel and Rayman. I've played Red Steel, and I thought it was pretty fun in multiplayer, so will look into that. Rayman..man, I wish I got that instead of Monkey Ball! Need another multiplayer game, so this could be it.

It's very, very early days yet, so don't give up hope yet. 1 Month isn't going to define how the next few years are going to turn out. There will be bigger and better titles. Just look at the DS launch, and now look what titles are available. It happens with almost every console.

It's worrying how developers are already saying they've maximized the potential out of the Wii hardware (EA said it for the Godfather and Ubisoft said they pushed it as much as they could for RS, or something silly like that).

Seriously, how powerful is this machine....?

Also, you have to realise what Nintendo are doing. They were beaten by Microsoft and Sony last generation. If they can make a cheap machine that appeals to non-gamers, and use slightly cheaper budgets on games, and make MORE profit, AND at the same time basically say 'if you want next generation games, go buy another console', then they will do it, because they are a business.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB9YeFLAwUo

That's the trailer for White Knight Story on P$3. it looks great. I mean, if they push themselves they could make that game a reason to buy the PS3, it looks that good! if Nintendo could make a sequel to Wii sports (lets give that a budget of 'x') or a brand new IP (lets say that would cost about 5x), it's safe to say that the Wii sports sequel would sell more WAY. I mean for heavens sake Zelda was in development for 3/4 years and it's already out of the Japanese Top 40, whereas Wii Sports has been in development for, at a maximum, 18 months (also, remember that Bowling and Boxing were added quite recently) and that's comfortably selling more.

When people were going to buy the Wii, they need to know they're really going to be buying a GC with a peripheral (for now anyway). Remember:

1.Miyamato said he originally wanted the new Nintendo console to cost under $100.

2.With the success of games like Brain Training, why shouldn't Nintendo and developers focus more on gameplay and appealing to new gamers rather than spend AGES and lots of money on better graphics.

3.Nintendo originally wanted to add a motion-control peripheral to the GC to extend its lifespan.

Feel free to comment. I look forward to seeing what people have to say, and whether they agree/disagree.

Nintendo for the most part have made themselves fail in past generations. Friendly fire on their part...

They are a REACTIVE company, to truly succeed in the world, you need to be PROACTIVE.

Nintendo were reactive with the changeover of formats from cartridge to CD and continued to use cartridge on the N64. Huge mistake that lead to soaring development costs and ultimately failure.

Nintendo were reactive with the use of format again on GC and relationships with third parties. This lead to GC being the least successful Nintendo console of all time.

Once again, their old ways shine through. They are once again being reactive with Nintendo Wii. Only now two generations later have they changed to standard disc format along with deliberate inferior specifications on Wii to supposedly lower development costs. The problem is, they are ultimately offset by the additional expenses of making Wii specific games with the mandatory establishment of new studios and greater research and development being required and as a result were getting second rate cheap knock off games whereby they sacrifice core gameplay fundamentals in favour of CHEAP motion sensing controls that for the most part have detracted from gameplay, not enhanced it and with the sacrifices to regular gameplay, a lot of these titles are barely playable. Beauty is to the eye of the beholder and Wii with its ugly graphics will not survive this generation unless they have the quality software to truly show why Playing is Believing as at this moment, seeing is believing whereby superior graphics to the average joe automatically means a better game.

This in effect shows Nintendos clear weakness that they have failed to address for the past ten years. Their inability to adapt to changes of tastes within society. They still are operating with a business mindset based in the early 1990s. It is a new millenium but they are stuck in the past.

I'm sorry? Which company is actually making money?

Is it Nintendo, Microsoft Game Studios or SCE? Last I checked Nintendo was making the money while the other two were in the red

Can you really say they have bad business sense? You need to learn, Good Business sense isn't about pleasing the hardcore fans. It's about making money and thats what Nintendo do

Sign in to follow this