Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Wario Ware review

mcj metroid

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got it today, played for about half an hour.... not sure yet. It's fun, and I have laughed out loud at it, which is always a good sign... but... I dunno. Probably too expensive, and this could have been a hit with non gamers for £20 and some class advertising. Meh, I dunno, some of the mini games are really hard to work out what you hve to do with the controller, and sometimes you think you've got it and it doesn't register.

I'll be playing this and Zelda most of the weekend though.

After reading all these opinions, I'm not sure what to do. Should I go out and buy it one of these days, or should I just ask it for my birthday (February 6)? Fifty euro just seems a lot for this game (if I ask it for my birthday, my parents will have to hand out the money instead of me ='3 ), but I don't know. Worth buying or worth waiting for almost another month?

There are high scores - just not for the individual games, like there has been in previous versions.

I went to the press event for the launch of this last night. It took place at the Nintendo house in London, where a few VIPs went before the Wiis launch as a competition prize. Great place - it was just a huge house, full of Wiis with Wario Ware on. Me and my girlfriend played on it for an hour or so, along with journalists from other publications, and everyone had a great time. The house is going to be kept by Nintendo for another three months, so there may still be another couple of similar events in the future.

Loving the game so far, even if the concepts for the games don't seem as wacky as in some of the older games. The controls work really well - so far, the only one I'm having trouble with is balancing the brush on the hand. 9-Volt's games are particularly great, as usual.

Well at first I thought it was stupid, but the in this version you might get tired doing them over and over. You can still do the singleplayer until you can no more. That's what I do the most in Wario Ware, not playing the same game over and over. All Wario Wares are short, but I still keep coming back to them, so I don't regret buying this game.

Being short is one thing but only being able to play each microgame only 3 times unlike the previous versions where you get to keep going? Taking the piss

didn't know this was the case, anyway just got home with it, have completed wario, mona, young cricket, kat and ana, all inside about half an hour.

i do feel abit underwhelmed by the apparent lack of features but then again I do think some of what the poses translate onto the screen are truly innovative.

also only paid £6 for it, as traded in Phoenix Wright and NFS Underground DS for it!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!