NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dyson

What can they do next?

I know that we won't be seeing next-gen consoles for another 4 years at least, but following the Wii, what can Nintendo do?

I fail to see how they can make a controller more revolutionary than this one already is, so the controller would have to stay, or at least, it's functions would need to be mimicked next time.

Or would it? Perhaps Nintendo will go back to standard pads and create a normal console, whilst beefing up the power?

The only thing I can see them doing is creating something more revolutionary - it almost seems like their statement now.

I have no idea what they have planned next. You never know, they might stick with the idea of the Wiimote (1 handed gaming) and just build around that.

I guess it depends how successful Wii is in the longrun.

I think the next console will be a Wii with more powerfull graphics. They'll keep the controls like they are now, but tweak them a little. And of course: a visor.:heh:

They'll follow up on Sony's own Ken Kutagi's statement saying that on the PS3 Games will be 4D and so Nintendo's new console will be a Time Machine!

More Non-games

More "Immersion/intuition"

More Party games

More Mario Party

More Ninten<insert animal here>

Less proper games

Lose great amounts of market share.

Go bankrupt.

Sell off franchises to EA and THQ to pay off debts.

The Absorption Controller Input method will be introduced next generation, whereby you attach patches or an external device to yourself, you are literally projected into the game, you feel being shot,stabbed in games, it replicates your movements in real time. You are the game. Not ideal for people with pacemakers, heart conditions, pregnant women or people with epiliepsy though...

I'm more interested in what Sony and Microsoft do. Sure they can keep beefing up the machines, but the graphical jumps will get infinitely smaller that they'll have to do something. Eventually there will come a point where resolutions are more detailed than the human eye.

Nintendo will probably stick to their little remote, add a few tweaks and enter the realm of HD.

The Absorption Controller Input method will be introduced next generation, whereby you attach patches or an external device to yourself, you are literally projected into the game, you feel being shot,stabbed in games, it replicates your movements in real time. You are the game. Not ideal for people with pacemakers, heart conditions, pregnant women or people with epiliepsy though...

Or people who don't like to be SHOT.

Miyamoto has in the past commented that Nintendo may put more effort into graphical quality in the future. I expect they'll rejoin the graphics race but bring with it a refined version of their current Wii controller set up. I don't expect them to do something entirely new.

Or people who don't like to be SHOT.

You'd get a feeling of the equivalent of being shot/stabbed, but not to the point where you're on the floor in agonising pain. It'd be a simulated feeling, just like that electric shock game you can buy in stores and the slowest person gets zapped.

Miyamoto has in the past commented that Nintendo may put more effort into graphical quality in the future. I expect they'll rejoin the graphics race but bring with it a refined version of their current Wii controller set up. I don't expect them to do something entirely new.

That, but without the controller bit. There's not much they can do with it without overcomplicating it, and it'll probably be just a wii with higher graphical capabilities, letting you using the old controllers.

More to do with revolutionising it, they may just change the whole home videogaming system of releasing a new console every 4-5 years and make it into more like a sort of user friendly pc gaming model.

perhaps put an actual mic into the remote.A nunchuck that is wireless.An even smaller console.

That, but without the controller bit. There's not much they can do with it without overcomplicating it, and it'll probably be just a wii with higher graphical capabilities, letting you using the old controllers.

By 'refined' I didn't mean the adding of features to over-complicate things. We saw refinements from Microsoft during the last generation. They discontinued their Duke controller and introduced the S Controller. In fact, their Xbox 360 controller is just a refinement of those previous designs.

A wireless nunchuk would be welcome. And they may find a means to do away with the sensor bar. I'm not sure how, but that would be welcome too.

By 'refined' I didn't mean the adding of features to over-complicate things. We saw refinements from Microsoft during the last generation. They discontinued their Duke controller and introduced the S Controller. In fact, their Xbox 360 controller is just a refinement of those previous designs.

A wireless nunchuk would be welcome. And they may find a means to do away with the sensor bar. I'm not sure how, but that would be welcome too.

There's not really any problems to deal with though... what would they do to it?

And I don't have a problem with the sensor bar, it took about 20 seconds to set up, and I don't have to do anything with it now.

perhaps put an actual mic into the remote.A nunchuck that is wireless.An even smaller console.

Wasn't there a rumor that the remote actually had a microphone in it at one point? I remember reading somewhere that they had Wiimote conversations, like walkie talkies. Might have been a feature they removed though...shame.

Stereoscopic 3D. I believe.

I still think that's coming this generation....

I'm sure Iwata said that the next console will definitely be HD.

I reckon the next console will be like the N64-GC transition, nothing major, just upgraded graphics and a slightly changed controller. Instead of changing from cartridges to mini-CDs, DVDs to HD-DVDs.

Better online support, wireless headset...

Nintendo's consoles are usually like this

revolution,evolution,revolution,evolution and so on

I was having this discussion the other day.. not sure who it was. But ti'll probably be a more powerful Wii.

Nintendo's consoles are usually like this

revolution,evolution,revolution,evolution and so on

Heh... that's quite true actually, and will probably continue. They have no revolution that is really possible for the next generation, and will just improve the hardware, then by the generation after that, there will probably be something new to do.

A Megaton toaster powered by cold fusion technology and orange juice that uses visors and holographic 3D graphics.

Isn't it obvious?

Sign in to follow this