NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dyson

What can they do next?

Power Glove.

I think the next Nintendo system will be just some sort of improvement upon the Wii, a bit like N64 was to SNES, or even N64 to GC. It won't be as drastic as the change between GC and Wii though, but tbh that was a much needed change for Nintendo.

Now, honestly, what use did the microphone have on DS? I don't really see why you would want it... But that's your opinion. I think they will go for HD-DVD (if they moveon to those formats) - simply because there is not a chance in the world Sony would license it to Nintendo. I know, it's not only Sony, but it's majorly Sony.

Mainly nintendogs, but some other games used it for blowing stuff away, or phoenix wright used it for the objection thing. It's just a nice addition that makes more things possible.

Now, honestly, what use did the microphone have on DS? I don't really see why you would want it... But that's your opinion.
The DS doesn't use it that much because the microphone isn't particularly good, requires memory and processing power the DS usually doesn't have and it's embarassing to use anywhere but home. The Wii2 shouldn't have those problems. Controlling stuff with your voice is even more intuitive than with buttons. I mean, what use is there to the D-pad (or the '-'-menu even) when you can just say 'Hero's Bow' to your Wiimote to quickly finish off some Bokoblins in Zelda? They could use voice control in the Internet browser, eliminating the need of a keyboard. To be honest, it's surprising the Wii doesn't have a mic already.

The DS doesn't use it that much because the microphone isn't particularly good, requires memory and processing power the DS usually doesn't have and it's embarassing to use anywhere but home. The Wii2 shouldn't have those problems. Controlling stuff with your voice is even more intuitive than with buttons. I mean, what use is there to the D-pad (or the '-'-menu even) when you can just say 'Hero's Bow' to your Wiimote to quickly finish off some Bokoblins in Zelda? They could use voice control in the Internet browser, eliminating the need of a keyboard. To be honest, it's surprising the Wii doesn't have a mic already.

Nintendo said they wouldn't integrate a mic. I dot hink they have a reason. But the controlling with saying 'Hero's Bow' in the mic? Sounds incredibly silly, because in reality you wouldn't do that either... That doesn't make sense.

I actually saw a report on, i think, ITV news a ping pong style of game. The twist - you used the power of your mind to control things.

Now, honestly, what use did the microphone have on DS? I don't really see why you would want it... .

Karoke !

Multiplayer Chat

Proper Voice recognition

Internet telephony

Karoke !

Multiplayer Chat

Proper Voice recognition

Internet telephony

Not possible, not-going-to-happen, uses. Untill now no-one made use if it. Nobody even knows if it's any good, because it's never really used.

Not possible, not-going-to-happen, uses. Untill now no-one made use if it. Nobody even knows if it's any good, because it's never really used.

I thought you could do voice chat on x-box live... and you can do voice chat even on metroid prime hunters to people on your friend list.

I actually saw a report on, i think, ITV news a ping pong style of game. The twist - you used the power of your mind to control things.

Yeah, I think that was during the same report where they reported on the Wii. Crazy stuff, I wish they went into more depth about that, as I was quite interested in seeing how it worked.

Remember Myamoto's statement about how he wishes to move gaming away from the television? Doubt it will be hologram projectors but anyone remember that video with that man creating the real 3D world with the helicopter and stuff? Could be something like that?

The question for me is, will they ever make an expensive machine that's out of reach of the "general public"? If yes, then they could very well make a powerful machine around the software support and wii remote concept they establish with Wii. Nintendo has always said graphics is a secondary, so provided that innovation side stays they wouldn't mind high performance system as a secondary feature.

As many has said before.

Better graphics. HD resolution.

Better sound (5.1).

minor improvements to the input metod.

Better speaker, more accurate controlles.

But it's to early to tell. If the Wii is another "gamecube" we might se nintendo moving away from the wiimmote [Which I highly doubt]. And This is in the future :P alot of cool technology could become available by then.

I know a lot of you have been harping on about HD graphics, but you would've thought by next gen HD technology would be so cheap, it wouldn't even be anything to hype about?

Clearly you haven't played Phoenix Wright :heh: Voice recognition is generally quite good for single words even on the DS. They use it in Brain Training and Nintendogs too, works pretty well, and it's really fun to do.

I know a lot of you have been harping on about HD graphics, but you would've thought by next gen HD technology would be so cheap, it wouldn't even be anything to hype about?
If the Wii2 is HD (and it's a given it is, really), it'd be such an improvement over Wii that it's worth hyping about. I mean, if Zelda ran on something as powerful as the 360... That'd be mind blowing really.

Clearly you haven't played Phoenix Wright :heh: Voice recognition is generally quite good for single words even on the DS. They use it in Brain Training and Nintendogs too, works pretty well, and it's really fun to do.

If the Wii2 is HD (and it's a given it is, really), it'd be such an improvement over Wii that it's worth hyping about. I mean, if Zelda ran on something as powerful as the 360... That'd be mind blowing really.

I really don't get it. Focus, guys! We're talking about games not wannabee-movies. What's with all that HD crap? yes, i've seen the Wii pods - and they run on an HD telly - but it's not nhideous! It still looks quite frankly, great. You all remember wehn we found the Nintendo64 innovative and beautiull? We're doing it all over again... And it's not a good sight. i'm happy with Wii's graphics and the next Wii will feature HD, bu right now: I don't see the problem. It's so predictable to say HD. I don't see the need. And unless they prove me the opposite 'try!), I'm not buying it.

I think they shoul do IPTV as a friendly punch in Microsofts face. But I dont expect them to think that big. Microsoft on the other hand seem to have no problem doing it.

I really don't get it. Focus, guys! We're talking about games not wannabee-movies. What's with all that HD crap? yes, i've seen the Wii pods - and they run on an HD telly - but it's not nhideous! It still looks quite frankly, great. You all remember wehn we found the Nintendo64 innovative and beautiull? We're doing it all over again... And it's not a good sight. i'm happy with Wii's graphics and the next Wii will feature HD, bu right now: I don't see the problem. It's so predictable to say HD. I don't see the need. And unless they prove me the opposite 'try!), I'm not buying it.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the Wii. HD is obviously better though. I don't mind graphical improvement, as it obviously contributes to the game experience.

Zelda running on an HDtv with no jaggies would be an improvement I wouldn't mind paying extra for. 480p is good but far from 1080 or 720p.

I hope they dont put a microphone on the controller, that would suck, it would pick up sounds from all around the room, instead it should ship with a wireless headset.

I thought about this....and had no-idea what Nintendo could do next!

Although PS3's eye-toy may give us a small hint...It could be like Minority report where we control everything with our hands or something...so it's like a far far superior Eye-Toy! :confused:

I really have no-idea what they could do.... :blank:

It may be the visor you never know....Nintendo always (well, nearly always) make things work.

I think handheld may play a BIG part.... where you can take your games console out as well as play it inside...also i reckon Game discs will be stopped and everything will be downloadable...although people would be out of jobs if that happened....

I cannot think 4 years ahead anyway.... :heh:

The next step should be multimedia. I couldn't care less about HD? but they'll do it and I will probably care then. I don't really see the use of Dolby Surround 5.1 - no movie has convinced me of the true power of it. The next step should be more refined. A better online system, improved controls (yes, they can improve them, but I hope it won't be a necessary purchase, so you could play them with old Wii remotes) and an lit-up disc drive.

No microphone, it doesn't work. A headset? Yes, please - but give us a good online service to use it's potential. A DVD Channel? Yes, please, and I'de like it this generation - I'de be willing to pay €20 for the license (if you download the channel, you bought a license). I'de love that...

They're obviously gonna try move it towards non-gamers even more, and what non-gamer wants to wear a headset? The whole point with the remote was that it's a similar feel to the tv remote.

They're obviously gonna try move it towards non-gamers even more, and what non-gamer wants to wear a headset? The whole point with the remote was that it's a similar feel to the tv remote.

But they'll want to focus on the hardcore too. There are no games for non-gamers that will feature extensive online play and use the microphone to have live chat or something like that. perhaps they could integrate Skype and make your Wii resemble a telephone (like it resembles a TV remote right now). it already got the 1 and 2 button, now only 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 0. Easy.

There are no games for non-gamers that will feature extensive online play and use the microphone to have live chat or something like that.

Animal Crossing.

Given Nintendo's current stance on voice chat, it doesn't seem likely. But AC is the perfect match for non-gamers that could easily have both comprehensive online play and voice chat.

Sign in to follow this