N-Europe

Knights of Cydonia

Fierce_LiNk

Yeah, New Born is an awesome song to play. However, as awesome as Take a Bow is, Knight of Cydonia certainly beats it. Well, to be honest, they're 2 different songs. In my ideal gig, Muse would start with Take a Bow and finish with Knights of.

Same actually, they seem better that way round but i do like Take A Bow better on the album at least.....it seems more focused almost....not too sure what it is though.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea its pretty good but does anyone else feel that Muse peaked with Origin of Symmetry?

Agreed... In fact, Knights OF Cydonia is the ONLY track I liked from this album. Origin of Symmetry is their Opus Magnum and they'll never top that.

My personal favourite of their songs... has to be Bliss(wich everyone likes but it's rarely someone's favourite:mad::cry:!)

Incredible thread! How'd it get to a third page before my input? Did no one miss me?!

Muse are without a doubt my favourite music makers out there. From the humble beginnings of Sunburn right through to the Western/ Sci-fi/ Dark Tower/ epic/ of Knights of Cydonia theres rarely a moment that lets you down. :hehe:

The thing is though, Im listening to them less and less these days, but I find I rarely listen to any music at the mo. The newest albums just full of the different direction that I love Muse for, but I even found it hard to get into. Knights o' Cydonia, I thought was rather... wick. I thought it was too cheesy and that it did lots of the wrong things... this was largely due to me following the progress of the new album before it came out and becoming accustomed to this song being dubbed Citizen Erased II... so naturally I was hugely let down. :hmm:

However, when I saw them live at the start of November and they closed with it, I was a changed man. Simply sublime. It didnt seem cheesy at all and I didnt want it to end when it got to the total rock out stage at the very end.

I have to say one other thing though: I think Stockholm Syndrome was a great closing tune as well, honestly. I found it weird hearing it in the middle of their performance in the Odyssey, plonking it in there made it more forgettable if you know what I mean...?

Muse rock!

Knights of Cydonia has taken the place from Citizen erased as my favourite song ever (not just muse)!

The intro is just so catchy and long, and you can't help (to the dismay of my flatmates) wailing along to the screamy bit.

And the chanty 'no-ones going to take me alive' is perfect for gigs, especially like at Brmingham when they put the words up on the big screen and everyone sang along.

To top it off there is that Queen-like rock out bit at the end, which reminds me a little of bohemian rhapsody, which is top head banging stuff. Awesome.

I think muse have been getting better and better, and will be attempting to go and see them in june, as i seem to have four standing tickets! The only problem remains in that my exams are around that date. Oh well!

Oh, and when they did Take a Bow to start of the gig, and Matt Bellamy plays the intro and then takes a bow. The audience erupted, and all my hairs stood on end. Brilliant.

I think this is the longest post ive ever done..

To top it off there is that Queen-like rock out bit at the end, which reminds me a little of bohemian rhapsody, which is top head banging stuff. Awesome.

I said that to my girlfriend last week, and she agreed with me. Infact, when I heard that bit at the gig, I imagined this is what it would feel like to be hearing Queen play Bo Rhap.

Darksnowman: I have no idea how you missed this thread. I was expecting you to get the first post or something!

Nice spot on the Queen parallels. I woulda said it but feared being slated incase some of you hated the idea of the lowly Muse being compared to such world beaters as Queen.

Dont you think the guitar in Take a Bow has the same Queen-esque quality about it? Well it does. :p "Take a booh, son. Take a booh." says Andy Grey on the matter. :bouncy:

Bob, I dunno what youre on laddo but Citizen Erased remains my favourite Muse song. Knights isnt quite that good... though have you seen the video? Its extremely good, find and watch it if you havent already.

this just came on

weeeaahheeaah! *bass slide*

:)

Hehe, I love that slidey bit. :)

You can recognise this song anywhere, straight away. It's not like one of these songs where you have to wait for the chorus to know what it is.

Oh, how I wish I was back at that gig now, going crazy to this song.

I said that to my girlfriend last week, and she agreed with me. Infact, when I heard that bit at the gig, I imagined this is what it would feel like to be hearing Queen play Bo Rhap.

YouTube it. Bohemian Rhapsody live is absolutely incredible. Try getting the version from Wembley in 1986, it replaced Sunday Bloody Sunday (U2) at Live Aid as my favourite live song ever when I first heard it.

Edit - Found it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OahtDbdIljE

YouTube it. Bohemian Rhapsody live is absolutely incredible. Try getting the version from Wembley in 1986, it replaced Sunday Bloody Sunday (U2) at Live Aid as my favourite live song ever when I first heard it.

Ooook, I'll check it out.

Now, in return, you must check out this song. :)

Let's see who we can convert to the Muse faithful today, hehe.

Ooook, I'll check it out.

Now, in return, you must check out this song. :)

Let's see who we can convert to the Muse faithful today, hehe.

I love Muse already, I've got BH&R, Absolution, Origin of Symettry and Showbiz (which is all of their albums?). Love them all, listened to Absolution and BH&R so many times. BH&R was my second favourite album of last year. :heh:

picture1ol2.png

Well I've decided that I can't listen to nothing but Knoghts of Cydonia and Citizen Erased for 100 times each without listening to another song I'm stopping at 40 and just putting Muse on random.

Also the video for Knights is brilliant and when I woke up at 10 to 4 this afternoon and flicked through music channels it was on Q then immediatly after it was on Kerrang.

Well I've decided that I can't listen to nothing but Knoghts of Cydonia and Citizen Erased for 100 times each without listening to another song I'm stopping at 40 and just putting Muse on random.

Pretty impressive try though!

No one's going to take me alive, the time has come to make things right.

Damn you Fierce_LiNk, thanks to you and your thread I've had this stuck in my head all day. Actually, as things to be stuck in my head goes, this is probably the best. Tried learning it on guitar today which was a fun way to pass the time, apart from after a few hours my fingers ached a wee bit. Also had a crack at Bliss as well.