NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Adrian DX

The "Happy New Year" thread 06-07

You need an excuse to get pissed?

No, but getting given alchohol is better than paying.

I don't get new year celebrations, we celebrate the year date increasing by one..wow? I feel no different for it, I feel no joy for it. I don't wake up every day and celebrate the increment of a day on my calendar, I don't celebrate the months changing, why bother about the year..

Imo, it's more than just a date increasing.

Here's how I think of it:

2006 may have been a torrid year for some of you. There's some horrible stuff that goes on in this world, and throughout all our lives, we will all experience some kind of heartache.

Take a day, for example. Imagine you have the worst day you could possibly imagine. During that day, your sense of belief is at an alltime low. However, when you go to sleep later that night, you wake up knowing that tomorrow could see that all changing.

That's how I think of this. For me, celebrating new years day is like celebrating our hopes for next year. As I said, 2006 may have been a torrid year for some of us. But then, 2007 is unknown to us. We do not know what it may hold. Sure, it may hold further heartbreaks, aches, pains, but it may also be the year that something finally changes in your life.

Like a book, one chapter finishes and the next chapter begins. I don't dwell on 2006 as the untimely end of the year or whatnot. 2007 is but a new chapter, and with that, comes hope for us all.

Merry new year all. Thank god 2006 is over, lets hope 2007 is mildly better, though I doubt it. I mean for a start it just sounds wrong, 2005 and 2008, they're numbers you can be proud of, but 2007 is just a disgrace.

Happy Fucking End of Holidays!

And guess what, in 2nd January its a hole year after 2nd January 2006! Lets celebrate!

I don't get new year celebrations, we celebrate the year date increasing by one..wow? I feel no different for it, I feel no joy for it. I don't wake up every day and celebrate the increment of a day on my calendar, I don't celebrate the months changing, why bother about the year...

Amen brotha *high-five*

Happy new year. If it's not half as bad as 2006 has been for me it'll be great.

Did anyone actually have a good 2006? Maybe it was just a shit year. Then again, maybe we're all miserable sods.

Happy new year!

2006 may have been a torrid year for some of you. There's some horrible stuff that goes on in this world, and throughout all our lives, we will all experience some kind of heartache.

Take a day, for example. Imagine you have the worst day you could possibly imagine. During that day, your sense of belief is at an alltime low. However, when you go to sleep later that night, you wake up knowing that tomorrow could see that all changing.

That's how I think of this. For me, celebrating new years day is like celebrating our hopes for next year. As I said, 2006 may have been a torrid year for some of us. But then, 2007 is unknown to us. We do not know what it may hold. Sure, it may hold further heartbreaks, aches, pains, but it may also be the year that something finally changes in your life.

Like a book, one chapter finishes and the next chapter begins. I don't dwell on 2006 as the untimely end of the year or whatnot. 2007 is but a new chapter, and with that, comes hope for us all.

I'm not optimistic at the moment, thieving fucking chavs kind of ruined my illusion of a good year two hours in.

Happy new year. Hope everyone elses year may be good, my years off to a bad start already.

I doubt it'll get better.

Anyway, everyone else.. Happy frickin new year.

Just got in, feeling pretty good, think 2007 might be a good one, I sent a few Wii messages already, but to everyone here at N-Europe, I'd like to wish you a Happy New Year and all the best for 2007!

I was going to send loads of Wii-mails but in the end it took too much effort and I just sent one...Yes, I am lazy!

Happy New Year everyone! I have only been up about an hour or so after getting in at 5:30am very drunk.

Hey! You should congratulate me for putting all that into a single line "it's meant to be the divider of time". :p lol just kidding (well, sort of). You did elaborate on it very well, I couldn't have put it better myself.

Sign in to follow this