N-Europe

What is a good game to get?

Rummy

Right, If you've been in the Wii forum you may have noticed I wanted to spend some money. I have considered I could get an old gamecube game instead, what with the backwards compatibility and all that. So, I'm asking for people to recommend me 1 top gamecube game to buy, actually, make it 2, just in case. What are your 2 most favourite gc games ever? I have most of the obvious, such as;

SSBM

WW

LoZ Disc

Sunshine

Paper Mario

RE4

MP1

MP2

and a few others I can't remember exactly. Preferably after something that'd last me a while, so probably a good RPG, if such a one exists.

Get Eternal Darkness, the only mature game to be released on a Nintendo console in the past 10 years and was a good game despite being a little short and linear. Another possible game, Starfox Adventures, a historic game seeing that its Rares last game ever made for a Nintendo system, lengthy game with good graphics for the time it was released, gameplay falls apart towards the end of the game though and the game has a really annoying clipping issue where when you walk into new areas, the game completely freezes for a second. Also Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, not exactly a great game, but getting a sniff of a Sonycentric franchise is satisfying in itself.

Another possible game, Starfox Adventures, a historic game seeing that its Rares last game ever made for a Nintendo system

As far as home consoles go, yes. But Rare have released a number of GBA games since Starfox Adventures, and are working on Diddy Kong Racing for the DS.

Guest Stefkov

I would say pikmon. Before I got rid of it, it was great. Took me a while to not even finish it...

I've still yet to get some of the games mentioned above. Its a shame Tales of Symphonia and Skies of Arcadia are both quite dear. Why wont TOS go below the £30 mark? Why? It may be a good game but the cube is dead!

i got an amazon gift card for x-mas and i'm planning on buying that game that has lots of old sonic games on it.

then with some other money i got i'm planning on buying final fantasy 3 and some wii points (at least enough to buy new super mario bros, probably more)

Sonic Mega Collection you mean? Best of with it on PS2 or Xbox, they added more stuff.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, looks like I'm gonna be looking at Skies of Arcadia or Tales of Symphonia, Eternal Darkness and Pikmin 2(I had the original). Hopefully I can get the lot for under £30.

*crosses fingers in false hope*

WW

RE4

MP1

MP2

You're fine with any of these. And yes, Eternal Darkness is pretty damn good too, while not the only mature game on N for the last 10 years. In fact in that list above, all of them are mature games and I'm not talking about ratings

Another possible game, Starfox Adventures, a historic game seeing that its Rares last game ever made for a Nintendo system, lengthy game with good graphics for the time it was released, gameplay falls apart towards the end of the game though and the game has a really annoying clipping issue where when you walk into new areas, the game completely freezes for a second.

That's a bloody joke. If one game is truly crap - it's that one. it features dinosaurs with English dialects. A stegosaurus sounding lik a Welshman? Now that bloody ruins your game. I bought it, even though I was sceptical - but I always have high hopes for Rare games (Viva Piñata looks great), but this one. There was something ... wrong. It was so faulty and in literally pushed you in the direction to go. No sidequest, nothing to distract your from your main 'adventure'. God I loathed that game.

No, get your hands on Paper Mario or Skies of Arcadie (if you can still get it). It's a really top-notch game and an instant classic. And it looks like the Zelda of yore.

Killer7 - Best GC game imo. Its just frickin' awsome :D

or

Resident Evil 1, 0 or 4 - Gotta love these games

or if you're looking for something else than gore, psychopathy, zombies and blood. You should check out Chibi Robo or any of the Naruto games ^^,

I was gonna make a new thread, but saw this was still here so I'll use this. Firstly, what is Killer7 like, if you can compare it to something? It looks alot like XIII to me, but does it play similar? How does it play?

And my original question; Is Pikmin 2 actually better than Pikmin 1?

Lastly, does anyone know somewhere other than eBay where I can actually get old gc games with ease, I've been looking for a number of recommendations in here, but having quite a bit of trouble, much more than I was expecting.

I was gonna make a new thread, but saw this was still here so I'll use this. Firstly, what is Killer7 like, if you can compare it to something? It looks alot like XIII to me, but does it play similar? How does it play?

And my original question; Is Pikmin 2 actually better than Pikmin 1?

Lastly, does anyone know somewhere other than eBay where I can actually get old gc games with ease, I've been looking for a number of recommendations in here, but having quite a bit of trouble, much more than I was expecting.

Try doing a google product search, also amazon is good too.