Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Charlie

has any one bothered to preorder this bitch?

I really can't be bothered, every year there's a huage hype but the publisher always near enough meets demand, and theres always copies of it in ASDA and other super markets piling high and with a sticker price of about 7 quid less than everywhere else.

soooo, this year i shall just be going down to the supermarket or, more likely, sending my mom for me mwahahahahahahaaaaa!

I should've preordered it yesterday... I'm going to midnight it I think. :heh:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pre-ordered it the day the date was announced.

No way i'm going to midnight a book.

Boooo. :heh:

I midnighted Order of the Pheonix I think, my first ever midnight launch. I'll be getting the book a whole 10 hours (depending when your post comes) before you, and I will be reading non-stop all that day.

Waterstones in the Thistle Centre always opens at Midnight for Harry Potter, loads of people go to it, way more than were at Gamestation for the Wii. You should come, its awesome. Even more geeky than the Wii. :p

Boooo. :heh:

I midnighted Order of the Pheonix I think, my first ever midnight launch. I'll be getting the book a whole 10 hours (depending when your post comes) before you, and I will be reading non-stop all that day.

If I went to midnight it I would only read it for an hour or so then go to sleep.

But then again I have an ASDA and Tesco a few minutes away from me...

Waterstones in the Thistle Centre always opens at Midnight for Harry Potter, loads of people go to it, way more than were at Gamestation for the Wii. You should come, its awesome. Even more geeky than the Wii. :p

So geeky is positive now?

Honestly, i can't wait for the book either but my brother won't buy it untill the translation makes way to our shores. And the translation sound stupid. I'll retranslate it for you to show you why: I beleive in English it's aan Horcrux, in dutch it is a 'gruzielement', wich,retranslated (literally) means 'soulement'. Soul + Element. Now how stupid is that? I'm getting the english one as soon as it's in.

Possibly that has something to do with the amount of copies...

Anyway, I'll probably read my mum's copy over the summer hols.

So geeky is positive now?

Honestly, i can't wait for the book either but my brother won't buy it untill the translation makes way to our shores. And the translation sound stupid. I'll retranslate it for you to show you why: I beleive in English it's aan Horcrux, in dutch it is a 'gruzielement', wich,retranslated (literally) means 'soulement'. Soul + Element. Now how stupid is that? I'm getting the english one as soon as it's in.

Since when is "gruziel" the same as "ziel"?

I think the Dutch translation is done very well and have no complaints about it at all. I don't want to try and "look cool" by reading the English one, when the Dutch one will be a lot easier to read and understand. *shrugs*

It's just the waiting part that's bad, but it's summer then anyway so I'll probably be busy.

• 1 month later...
1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!