NEurope
KingOfHyrule

Clampit buys Wii receipt on eBay

My God, shit to be whoever fell for this. It somewhat becomes unfunny though if it turned out to be a desperate mother or someone who didn't really understand eBay but wanted to please their son or daughter for Christmas...otherwise, shit to be you mate!

Clicky

:shock:

errm.........someone rushed into buying this, details give no sign of getting an actual wii.

Not just someone, but quite a few people actually when you look at the bidding history. All of them have little experience of Ebay (the highest rating is 22 but most of the rest are below 10).

Also most if not all are American . . .

As LukeLee said, there is nothing on this auction to indicate they were buying a Wii, although the seller must have guessed there'll be some mugs who just saw the word Wii and would bid for it.

I personally think the winning bidder should get all they deserve - an expensive lesson learnt.

They will probably try to get a refund, but it's hard to see how ebay could side with the buyer as the seller has done little wrong.

I think it's low to sell a receipt. It's obvious it was done to fool the buyer in to legally buying a receipt when they thought they were buying a console.

I personally think the winning bidder should get all they deserve - an expensive lesson learnt.

Poor post.

Well if you won a wii on ebay but didn't get a reciept it would help you out with any warranty issues. But besides that some people have learnt a valuable lesson about handling their money.

In regards to rummy. Yes you are losing money, but if it were just say a dollar or so like it should have been it would make sense. But this is stupid to the extreme. It wouldn't cost that much to get a wii fixed if it were the scenario in this case.

I see no point in this, even if you had like a dodgy wii to take back, you are losing money. Maybe it's just a dummy auction for some weird reason, maybe they made it to rep themselves up, I refuse to believe the buyer was serious though. The buyer's rep seems to all be from the same person too...

Only viable reason would be if there was credit card details on the reciept and someone wanted to scam those.

no offence to this person who won/ people but i dont care how desperate they are to buy a wii you still have to check the god damn description....it even says in the bleedin' title!!

i agree with the person that said "its an expensive lesson learnt.

next time they'll be less stupid!!(dumbasses)(lol hop i spelt everything right otherwise people will call me one)

I think it's low to sell a receipt. It's obvious it was done to fool the buyer in to legally buying a receipt when they thought they were buying a console.

Poor post.

How, it clearly say's it's a reciept in the title and description, plus it has a freakin huge picture of the receipt. If any idiot bought it thinking it's a Wii, then they desearve what's coming.

You're actually supposed to read what you're bidding on before you bid.:indeed:

It's obvious what the intent of selling a receipt like this on Ebay is. It's to legally con people of their money. This could also cost some little kid's Christmas present as well.

Reminds me of that time someone sold a PS2 box on the bay lol completely legal, that's the best bit!

People were selling PS3's a while back but they were just ps2's sellotaped to ps1's. Absolute Genius.

Anyone want to buy an air guitar from me?

I'll give you 1 beeelion dollars!

To everyone saying how low this is etc, it isn't low, its fair, reciepts have a legitimate use. Whoever buys it thinking it's a Wii is an absolute tard though.

I sold a plastic bag on eBay for a mighty £5 + £2.50 postage. Stupidest money I ever made. :)

To everyone saying how low this is etc, it isn't low, its fair, reciepts have a legitimate use. Whoever buys it thinking it's a Wii is an absolute tard though.

Yes, the buyer was rash, but the seller is pure scum. The same type of scum that ring you at all hours to tell you you've won a holiday. The same scum that claim they know you from your hotel when you're on holiday and oh, would you like to buy some jewellery.

They're con artists - they make a living out of tricking people. Out of bleeding the naive of their hard-earned Christmas money. No-one deserves that, no matter how stupid.

I sold a plastic bag on eBay for a mighty £5 + £2.50 postage. Stupidest money I ever made. :)

Worth the effort?

My friend sold two 1ps and a 2p for £5. Silly, silly people.

I just... don't understand how they could make that mistake. I hope they realised before sending payment.

I dont think the auction was made to decieve people. Maybe someone lost their reciept and wanted a refund.

....Yeah that sounds ridiculous. Sorry.

Yes, the buyer was rash, but the seller is pure scum. The same type of scum that ring you at all hours to tell you you've won a holiday. The same scum that claim they know you from your hotel when you're on holiday and oh, would you like to buy some jewellery.

They're con artists - they make a living out of tricking people. Out of bleeding the naive of their hard-earned Christmas money. No-one deserves that, no matter how stupid.

Finally, some one else who agrees. I'm actually surprised at the amount of people saying the person who bought it, deserves what they get. They could have just been so desperate to get hold of a Wii, afraid it was gonna be sold to someone else, that they just bought the thing as soon as possible.

It's a low tactic. Just because it's legal, doesn't make it ethically right.

Finally, some one else who agrees. I'm actually surprised at the amount of people saying the person who bought it, deserves what they get. They could have just been so desperate to get hold of a Wii, afraid it was gonna be sold to someone else, that they just bought the thing as soon as possible.

It's a low tactic. Just because it's legal, doesn't make it ethically right.

I'm sorry, but whilst the seller could have been out to scam someone (well, probably was), the only reason why this sort of thing happens is because there are loads of dumb ass people out there.

I've seen a lot of ebay scams where the seller would have included loads of technical details all about the Wii and about how it's the must have console of the moment but also how hard it is to buy one, blah blah blah, and then in very tiny writing at the bottom put what the person is actually bidding for. BUT in this case, there is absolutely no excuse for anyone to buy it, thinking they are buying a Wii. It is very clear that the auction is for a receipt. Also, did the buyer really think that the seller would be able to post the item for $1 (look at the shipping and handling charge).

Whilst there is possibly an ethical issue here, I still stand by my original statement that the buyer deserves to be taught an expensive lesson.

It wasn't ethically wrong though! There are no signs of deceit in it! The description in no way implies that the item in question is a Nintendo Wii.

EDIT:I also notice neither person seems to have repped the other for it yet. I'm waiting to see what, if anything, crops up in there.