NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

The Suffolk Murders

However, telling people a suspect's name is wrong. He could be innocent...

Exactly what I said to my brother when we heard this on the radio. Aren't they usually supposed to keep things like this confidential?

Exactly what I said to my brother when we heard this on the radio. Aren't they usually supposed to keep things like this confidential?

If you read the news thing it said that the police said an "unnamed man". Then it said something along the lines of, we have reason to believe that the suspect's name...

If you read the news thing it said that the police said an "unnamed man". Then it said something along the lines of, we have reason to believe that the suspect's name...

But can they do that? Doesn't it always have to be "unnamed" unless they're really sure?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/suffolk/6189409.stm

I've just checked there, and his name is plastered all over the place.:blank:

But can they do that? Doesn't it always have to be "unnamed" unless they're really sure?

I don't think it was the police that released the name I think it was another source.

Yeah he has been in for questioning before and also done and interview with the BBC.

I believe it was them who released his name and not the Police. But im sure if they have arrested someone under suspicion of murder they can release his name. I dunno I didnt study law :heh:

Well I don't have any sympathy for drug addicts.

What a wonderful human being you are.

Yeah he has been in for questioning before and also done and interview with the BBC.

I believe it was them who released his name and not the Police. But im sure if they have arrested someone under suspicion of murder they can release his name. I dunno I didnt study law :heh:

Myspace removed his myspace page (the suspect that is)

wierd.

Perhaps I am being over-sensitive but I can't believe that some people are making jokes about this.
You're wasting your time, you should've seen the outrage that came up when I suggested that Steve Irwin's death wasn't funny. I'm surprised people haven't made any animated memes yet.

The media like to create a controversy, look at the recent case where they released the name of someone who was on the sex offender list and it lead to a viligante group trying to attack him.

Just out of interest, do you have any sympathy for alcoholics or smokers?

If an alcoholic dies of liver disease then no. If a smoker dies of lung cancer (or another smoking related disease) then no.

Moogleviper, I agree with smoking and alcohol, but heroin? people take it not realising what it does and then get adicted... harsh

Surely you don't mean that how it sounds Moogleviper, if someone died of alcohol/smoke related illness that you knew you would just say tough it's their own fault?

If an alcoholic dies of liver disease then no. If a smoker dies of lung cancer (or another smoking related disease) then no.

Watch a film called "Requiem for a Dream" and tell me you feel no sympathy for the mother.

You have no idea why people take any of those things. Who are you to judge them? Do you drink yourself?

Moogleviper, I agree with smoking and alcohol, but heroin? people take it not realising what it does and then get adicted... harsh

That's not true. They know what heroine does to them. They may not know the exact details but they know enough about it.

Surely you don't mean that how it sounds Moogleviper, if someone died of alcohol/smoke related illness that you knew you would just say tough it's their own fault?

Sure I would feel upset. But I wouldn't feel sympathy for them. I wouldn't go around saying "Well they didn't realise what it would do to them..." etc. as I've heard people say.

Watch a film called "Requiem for a Dream" and tell me you feel no sympathy for the mother.

You have no idea why people take any of those things. Who are you to judge them? Do you drink yourself?

True I don't know why they take them, but neither do I know why the Suffolk murderer killed those women. But that doesn't mean that I (and others) can't hate him for what he did.

I drink in moderation. But I know when to quit, and I'm not addicted.

I'll try to watch that film.

Its all very well in saying that "they know what it does to them" - well, most of them don't. I was reading (I think on the BBC) that many prostitutes have mental issues such as anxiety and very low selt esteem. Many see drugs as an escape from the world they live in - hence use them. Otehrs just don't know the dangers - they probably wouldn't have had the same PHSE classes that we had/have.

Its all very well in saying that "they know what it does to them" - well, most of them don't. I was reading (I think on the BBC) that many prostitutes have mental issues such as anxiety and very low selt esteem. Many see drugs as an escape from the world they live in - hence use them. Otehrs just don't know the dangers - they probably wouldn't have had the same PHSE classes that we had/have.

Well I find it hard to believe that they don't know that drugs are bad for them.

Well I find it hard to believe that they don't know that drugs are bad for them.

yeah, they might do. But maybe they see them as some sort of relief (see above post). You cannot really piss on them unless you've been in the same situation yourself, which afaik, you haven't.

yeah, they might do. But maybe they see them as some sort of relief (see above post). You cannot really piss on them unless you've been in the same situation yourself, which afaik, you haven't.

I fail to see any situation in which drugs can be justified. There are many things available to people who are depressed etc. If they are not strong enough to continue with their lives without drugs then I have no respect for them or any sympathy. It's harsh I know but that's just how I feel about drugs. Sorry if I offend you or anyone else.

I fail to see any situation in which drugs can be justified. There are many things available to people who are depressed etc. If they are not strong enough to continue with their lives without drugs then I have no respect for them or any sympathy. It's harsh I know but that's just how I feel about drugs. Sorry if I offend you or anyone else.

By any chance have you had a nice life, always had a roof over your head and a stable family background?

You sound like a right clueless bellend to be honest. It's easy to be judgmental about people on the street when you live with your mummy. Sorry if I offend you or anyone else like.

By any chance have you had a nice life, always had a roof over your head and a stable family background?

You sound like a right clueless bellend to be honest. Sorry if I offend you or anyone else like.

No I haven't been homeless or anything like that. But my family are working class and we've never really had loads of money in the bank.

I think it's pretty childish to just say that I'm a clueless bellend. You haven't really made nay argument you've just insulted me straight out. Now I'm not really offended or anything but I think it's pretty immatureto just insult someone for what they say. If they insult you then fine but I havent insulted you. If you disagree with what I say at least say why you disagree or you post is pretty pointless.

Sorry but that's just how I feel.

Lol, you dont know their backgrounds at all.

Imagine something like, your parents kicking shit out of you, then raping you or whatever. You wouldnt take drugs to escape a little? I know i would.*

*not saying this happened to them, just sayin that you cant not have sympathy for some drug users.

DRUGS ARE AN ESCAPE FROM REALITY.

What if your reality was constant abuse, anger and hatrid?

You would wanna be in that all the time?

Lol, you dont know their backgrounds at all.

Imagine something like, your parents kicking shit out of you, then raping you or whatever. You wouldnt take drugs to escape a little? I know i would.*

*not saying this happened to them, just sayin that you cant not have sympathy for some drug users.

Taking drugs wouldn't solve the problem. If it really was that bad then there are other ways to deal with those sorts of problems. In that example they could call the social services or the police.

DRUGS ARE AN ESCAPE FROM REALITY.

What if your reality was constant abuse, anger and hatrid?

You would wanna be in that all the time?

You're right I wouldn't want to be in that all the time. But there are always other ways of dealing with problems. Drugs are just a way of escaping without the user having to face problems and solve them. I'm not saying that life is easy or that nobody has experienced problems worse than I have. But drugs doesn't solve any problems it only makes things worse. Can you honestly say that drugs have actually made anybody's life better? Can you honestly say that those prostitutes lives were better before they started using drugs?

Sign in to follow this