NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

The Suffolk Murders

The announcement is taking place now.

Steven Wright from Ipswich has been charged with all 5 murders.

The other guy, un-named, has been release pending further investigation.

So Tom Stephens got completley screwed over then and now everyone knows who he is. Nice one Police and BBC.

The other guy was named... Tom Stephens

Yeah, Haden just told me on MSN.

However, the police refered to him as the "unnamed suspect."

But then, about 2 minutes later, the news reporter goes and refers to his real name anyway...They're not really handelling this well at all.

So Tom Stephens got completley screwed over then and now everyone knows who he is. Nice one Police and BBC.

Was it the police who revealed his name though? If they still refered to him as the unamed suspect it was probably leaked to the newspapers from a neighbour or something. If he had information then they would have needed to talk to him.

He wasn't named by the police. He went to the media and said "Hey, I've been shagging those prostitutes, I've been questioned 4 times and I think they're going to arrest me. I'm 37 and from Trimley St Martin. Wanna buy an interview?"

A few days later police say they've arrested a 37 year old man from Trimley St Martin but don't name him. Who's responsible for people knowing who he is?

He wasn't named by the police. He went to the media and said "Hey, I've been shagging those prostitutes, I've been questioned 4 times and I think they're going to arrest me. I'm 37 and from Trimley St Martin. Wanna buy an interview?"

A few days later police say they've arrested a 37 year old man from Trimley St Martin but don't name him. Who's responsible for people knowing who he is?

Ahh, when you put it that way, then I have a different outlook on the whole thing.

Hmm, oh dear.

Hmm maybe your right. I still feel he has been wronged through this exposure. I mean hes obviously a weirdo but his life is over now really.

Hmm maybe your right. I still feel he has been wronged through this exposure. I mean hes obviously a weirdo but his life is over now really.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Even if he's a bit wierd - his life could well be ruined now. Nice one BBC - I'm sure you got those ratings though!

I've just read through the whole thread from my last (admittedly crude joke post) and I have to say something.

I can't believe people here are advocating drug use.

I've just read through the whole thread from my last (admittedly crude joke post) and I have to say something.

Who's advocating drug use? I haven't seen anyone doing that.

Good post on this whole sorry episode from a guy I know off another forum:

This whole thing has shown society and the press view these girls as lower than low. Its the only "profession" I can think of where the news will tell you their job in each line of the report.

"Murdered prostitute Tanya...." etc all go towards ensuring that the viewers see these girls differently. You hear it in the pubs, at work etc when people are talking about the case, sometime during the conversation someone will pop the words "well they were only tarts" or something equally as disrespectful. These are dead girls, girls who have had a hard life, one way or another and somehow ended up in drugs, yes some have chosen that path to get a release from some other problem while others have been drawn into it by the likes of boyfriends etc. Whichever way you look at it, nobody makes an informed choice to say "I want to be a smack filled crack whore" its a steady decline and comes in stages.

The thing that really gets me about the press though is that they wouldnt be reporting the way they do if the girls had chosen the other option to support their habit, "Murdered burglar Tanya" or "Ipswich mugger killings" wouldnt be the headlines yet I know which of these should be shown a little more respect but isnt. These girls hurt nobody but themselves in the choice they make, people dont come home to find their house ransacked by prostitutes or end up in a hospital bed near to death following an encounter.

That's really disrespectful.

It's called irony. Though Haver doesn't seem to have noticed that's pretty hard to get accross online sometimes :heh:

The key word is "use", not "abuse".

Sign in to follow this