Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess

Hero-of-Time

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't the SNES have the left and right shoulder button? Even then, I think ti's vastly improved. I could think of a better cntrol system for the SNES version. It contains two buttons on wich you can assign items and ONE start menu, including map and selection screen, aswell as the save screen (or quit screen, whatever). Like ocarina of time. And then we still have the select button remaining. They could have - with easy - translated the menu's like the 3D ones.

But i'm not saying it's bad, I'm jsut saying we should be happy we improved a lot, even with 'Tacked on' Wii controls.

I'm talking about the vast improvements we've made. Not about that the controls were bad. Up untill now it's a good game (But I do prefer every Game Boy itereation of Zelda over this). I like it's setup. i'm just saying we have improved and that I, frankly, do think the Wii sutis this game perfectly. Also, i think Nintendo should get their asses over to what they can do next. please, give us another Majora's Mask type of game - I want that. I want that badly. Because, in my personal, and non-offending opinion, I think Majora's Mask was the best Zelda ever. from the magic moment you're a scrub up to the time you raise up in the moon (The final boss was crap, wich is why I say up to). Lovely.

By rights, Majora's Mask should cower in the shadow of Ocarina of Time - instead, it shines just as brightly.

Thank you, Mark green.

Well..

If Majoras Mask would have had MORE Dungeons.... And the sidequets it had it might really would have been a great Zelda...

But only 4 Dungeons..? A bit less if you ask me...

Oh and I don't know if the time thing was that a great idea...

Also: I don't want a game in a parallel universe again... They should go on with "main" storyline I think...

According to that site calculator Im a mere 26% through it. Ive done up to and including the fourth level (desert) but I guessed the number of hearts, bugs, poes and all that I have.

Apparently Im only a quarter of the way through?! Jeekers.

well i've now completed it and it still says just 62.23% so still a long way to go.

and on the other topic I do not think you can compare 2D Zelda's in light of the 3D ones. The first ever Zelda I played was Links Awakening and I love it to this very day, but I wouldn't directly compare it to my favourite game OOT, in the way thats being suggested.

Well..

If Majoras Mask would have had MORE Dungeons.... And the sidequets it had it might really would have been a great Zelda...

But only 4 Dungeons..? A bit less if you ask me...

Oh and I don't know if the time thing was that a great idea...

Also: I don't want a game in a parallel universe again... They should go on with "main" storyline I think...

4 dungeons was a bit disappointing but there was so much to do in between it felt as long as Ocarina!

The 3 day cycle/time travel thing I think is one of the best things to ever appear in the Zelda series. Amazing idea that really put a fresh spin on it.

Another game part of the 'main' storyline?? I think they'll go for a spinoff next time around seeing as they've had two in a row telling the traditional story. I agree with Jasper, I'd love another Majora type game next.

With main story line I just mean it should play in Hyrule and no parallel universe... there doesn't even need to be Ganondorf or whoever in it (except maybe Zelda: I mean a Zelda game without Zelda in it is a bit strange to me after all; that game is called Zelda after all)...

I said if it would be like Majoras Mask but with more dungeons it surely could be nice... And I only more or less "asked" if it was really that a great idea with the 3 day circle... As far as I know there are many persons who don't like that (at least I understand a bit but I for myself have nothing against the 3 day circle)...

Parallel universes are Zelda! Sacred realm, dark world, twilight realm, future/past etc etc. How can you say they should go with the 'main' storyline when the main storyline almost always follows two universes?

And yeah Majora's mask was almost as good as OoT, if a bit underrated and too few temples (though they were big ones, and more difficult than OoT's)

You're not allowed to disagree with other people!

In my opinion MM was better than TP. But TP is still probably the third best Zelda I've played through. Much better than windwaker in my opinion, which I found to be a dissapointment.

But I literally don't know anybody where I live who actually likes Majora's Mask :(

You're not alloud to disagree with other people!

In my opinion MM was better than TP. But TP is still probably the third best Zelda I've played through. Much better than windwaker in my opinion, which I found to be a dissapointment.

But I literally don't know anybody where I live who actually likes Majora's Mask :(

Majora's Mask was my favourite Zelda. Just the shher amount of thought and effort that went into completing the bombers notebook alone was awesome, never mind the main quest!

The world map was cool aswell especially Zora Beach and Snowhead.

my current order of preference is:

1. Ocarina of Time

2. Twilight Princess

3. Links Awakening

4. Link to the the Past

5. Oracle of Ages

and before people start flaming me I never completed Majora's Mask back in the N64 days, only got past the first dungeon, but now TP is completed I'm gonna go back to it and try and complete it.

also despite putting OOT before TP I still think TP is the most comprehensive telling of the tale aswell as the most epic, but the nostalgia with OOT just makes it tops for me still.

How would Zelda fare as a first person & third person shooter/slasher action adventure rpg style game with extreme gore?

No thanks.

If I was doing my top five, I'd probably put Twilight Princess above Ocarina, but as I've never beaten half the Zelda games my opinion hardly counts. Ocarina will always win on the fact it was this OMGWOW 3d game back in the day, but Twilight Princess has surpassed it in every way a post-Ocarina Zelda game stuck in this timeline can.

The only thing Ocarina has over Twilight Princess is the premise, which in my opinion is a flawless telling of the Zelda legend. No Zelda since can better that anyway since they've all been sequels heavilly reliant on Ocarina's storyline.

And for the record I have never felt the desire to play and complete Majoras Mask. It is a masterpiece of eerie presentation though. Traditional Zelda games are more up my alley.

If you disagree with the above statement then that's too bad.

I've not played all the Zelda games (missed most of the handheld ones), but my top 5 would be:

1. Ocarina of Time (Perfect pacing, perfect story, perfect difficulty curve)

2. Majora's Mask (Had everything Ocarina had, except for the number of dungeons)

3. Twilight Princess (So many great aspects, but just felt a bit too rushed in the second half)

4. A Link To The Past (Only played an emulation, but definitely the best 2D Zelda)

5. Four Swords Adventures (A brilliantly innovative game, but seemed a little outdated in the graphics and length departments. Not sure about its level by level structure, though)

So out of the Zeldas I've played, that leaves The Wind Waker, LOZ, and The Minish Cap just out of the top 5. All great games, though.

Parallel universes are Zelda! Sacred realm, dark world, twilight realm, future/past etc etc. How can you say they should go with the 'main' storyline when the main storyline almost always follows two universes?

And yeah Majora's mask was almost as good as OoT, if a bit underrated and too few temples (though they were big ones, and more difficult than OoT's)

Well you right... But I meant that the story should play in Hyrule (and their parallel universes) and not a completely different parallel universe (and that ones parallel universe) like in MM...

It's hard to put Zelda games in the order I like them but here goes:

1) Ocarina of Time.

2) Majora's Mask.

3) Link to the Past.

4) Twilight Princess.

5) Link's Awakening.

Then I would probably go: Wind Waker, Oracle of Ages/Seasons, Minish Cap, Four Swords, Legend of Zelda and then Adventures of link.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!