Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess

Hero-of-Time

well here is a handy site: http://www.twilight-calculator.us.tt/ for calculating how much of Zelda you have completed. Here's what I came out as:

You have completed 56.229% of The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess.

this is despite me being up to Hyrule Castle so still plenty to go, I havn't done many sidequests as all so comes as no surprise.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely that'd make Zelda - "Queen Zelda" as opposed to merely "Princess Zelda".
In some countries, there can't be a Queen, as in... not married, thus, even if there's no king... She remains a princess, although this time with power of decision over the country.

Zelda surely fits in, as for the king getting killed... Dunno, natural deaths happen.

well finally just completed this, was a little disappointed by the ease at which the final boss was done, but overall loved it, felt a lot more epic than the previous ones. and the final final battle is pretty awesome in grandeur! much better than Wind Wakers end boss, so much better infact more than makes up for it.

Am sat watch the credits now, is nice to see Hyrule returned to a joyous happy place, with everyone celebrating! and seeing what various characters are up to.

is it as good as OOT? will have to reserve judgement for when I've completed all the side quests on this run. and then played through it again, see how it feels 2nd time through. because OOT is still just as good no matter how many times you play, I've lost count of how many times I've done it...I hope TP ends up the same.

anyway I've got red steel waiting to be complete now....

EDIT:

Am I right in thinking there is no way off "The End" Screen?!

EDIT 2:

ahh it faded away eventually...

I believe somebody said the king was mentioned once. When was that I don't remember? I just assumed that Zelda was ruling over the kingdom and there was no king, for whatever reason.

In Zelda 2 after the king dies, Hyrule is led by the 'prince of hyrule' not the king. He retains the title of prince (so I recall). So clearly they've kept with that idea here.

Also, the Twilight Princess rules over the Twilight realm, but she's still a princess.

Also the game took me 55 hours to complete, minus about 10 poes. But I've started again to see how much I enjoy it the second time through... It's still quite a lot.

well finally just completed this, was a little disappointed by the ease at which the final boss was done, but overall loved it, felt a lot more epic than the previous ones.

I agree the final boss was probably the easiest final boss of all 4 3D Zelda games which is a big shame.

and the final final battle is pretty awesome in grandeur! much better than Wind Wakers end boss, so much better infact more than makes up for it.

I actually played the end of Wind Waker again. Those 3 transformations of Ganon were awesome but comparing the WW ganon sword fighting to the TP one... I found the WW one infinately more challenging and hard! Setting wise I'm torn, it was cool to be in Hyrule Field for a change but the drowning Hyrule had a nice epic feel as well. I liked them both.

Am sat watch the credits now, is nice to see Hyrule returned to a joyous happy place, with everyone celebrating! and seeing what various characters are up to.

Did Hyrule change during the end credits? Seemed to be the same happy, joyous place as it was after Arbiters Grounds!

Ah but in the temple of time you pretty much follow a straight line, going from room to room, and then double back to the entrance...

The City in the Sky is more frustrating than the Water Temple in OOT (which I thought was pretty cool and not THAT hard)

I actually played the end of Wind Waker again. Those 3 transformations of Ganon were awesome but comparing the WW ganon sword fighting to the TP one... I found the WW one infinately more challenging and hard! Setting wise I'm torn, it was cool to be in Hyrule Field for a change but the drowning Hyrule had a nice epic feel as well. I liked them both.

Did Hyrule change during the end credits? Seemed to be the same happy, joyous place as it was after Arbiters Grounds!

point taken, I'm gonna go back to WW at some point, but gonna do OOT and MM first I think. well it didn't so much change, just had people celebrating in the castle square etc... Link went back to the villiage which was once again inhabited by everybody...

The City in the Sky is more frustrating than the Water Temple in OOT (which I thought was pretty cool and not THAT hard)

How is it even slightly frustrating? It was quite complex, but would of been better a bit more so.

edit: Yea, final boss was easy. At least it wasn't as easy as OoT or WW (WW was way too easy, a end boss that takes a few minutes??)

The depth of the City in the Sky can be summed up like this: Find the next clawshot point. No other skill required apart from that, in room after room.

Why is it frustrating apart from that? Because it's fairly boring in my opinion and if you forget to do one thing at the very end you have to do the entire length of the temple again. Not to mention it's very very confusing.

Not quite what I was expecting from a rumoured 'Sky Temple'

The depth of the City in the Sky can be summed up like this: Find the next clawshot point. No other skill required apart from that, in room after room.

Why is it frustrating apart from that? Because it's fairly boring in my opinion and if you forget to do one thing at the very end you have to do the entire length of the temple again. Not to mention it's very very confusing.

Not quite what I was expecting from a rumoured 'Sky Temple'

If the "forget to do one thing" is pulling the switch which starts the fan at the end then you do know you can climb up a pillar in that main room and clawshot your way back up! In other words you don't have to go through the whole temple again! :indeed:

Ok well didn't know that TL lol - I thought that seemed a very un-Zelda like thing to do in a temple design.

Its one of the first things I discovered becuase I tried to clawshot up there right at the start of the temple when the fan was still going (it took me ages to realise that you could clawshot onto the window with the hole in it)!

Midna's mask was the embodiment King of Hyrule.

When it was completed it was a near match, including crown and beard of the King from Wind Waker.

When the mask was completed, Midna turned into the spider beast.. and cracked his/her way into the castle through the golden mesh.

I think when the mask was cracked by Ganon the King of Hyrule's spirit was destroyed.. it was symbolising the end of his reign- in his palms.

It's about as vague as I can make it.

Hmmm interesting theory but it doesn't make much sense surely? When Zant turns Midna into her imp form, she seems to summon the top part of the mask... how does that fit in?

Also, a question... I didn't realy understand what that was all about. She got turned into an imp, created this mask thing of hers and then has the most evil, devilish grin ever. Any ideas?

As a side note, as soon as I saw the eye on Midna's mask, I immediately thought of Majora's Mask:

midna.jpg

zelda_majoras_mask_wall_242.jpg

Exactly. there's something very Majora's Mask about that thing. it looks great, though, but the mask of Midna has nothing to do with the King of Hyrule. I'm sure the King hasn't got much to do with the story at all, aside from being murdered by Ganondorf or something of that matter. it's simple, I think.

I hope they create another Zelda: Gaiden for Wii, focusing on the origins of Majora's Mask. Sort of make two stories that keep coming back: the one with Ganon and the one with majora. it would be awesome. maybe they can do the story that was told in the manga itteration comicbook of Majora's Mask about Fierce Deity Link helping the monster finnally getting rest within the mask? It would be great.

According to that site calculator Im a mere 26% through it. Ive done up to and including the fourth level (desert) but I guessed the number of hearts, bugs, poes and all that I have.

Apparently Im only a quarter of the way through?! Jeekers.

Well you're half way through the main quest. That site calculator is a tad odd.

Just started playing A Link To the Past. Now, you can't deny that the controls from the Wii are bettern, can you? I've just started (east palace, he I come (and there I died again)), and it's a nice game (The original kakariko village tune! What a beaut, even for it's time). But right now, I still rpefer 3D zeldas. Perhaps because 2D never was my thing. I hated mario in 2D, I couldn't last aa level in it. 3D is my thing.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!