Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess

Hero-of-Time

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that one I already got, I meant a chest in the same area but between the stairs leading up to castle town. Theres a small fountain which surrounds the ledge which I cant seem to climb.

Ah, sorry for looking in the wrong place! Shoulda reread your post before I fired up the Wii. I see the one you mean now, I haven't got it. I think you somehow come to it from behind- if you look down on it you can kind of see there seems to be a path coming up from below.

Yeah, Meta Omega has it. Up behind it there are two flags up two tower type turrets with hookshot points just below. You go up, but drop down to a ledge where you use the spinner wheel across the arch bit that connects the turrets. When you get to the middle you just jump off and with a bit of luck/ good timing you'll be in behind the chest!

Orange Ruppee! I woulda much preferred a heart piece.

Question: How the heck do you get the damn Hotspring Water to the Gorons in Southern and Western Hyrule Castle Town? It just cools down before I can get it to any of them...

It's an event you have to activate, I just don't remember exactly how you activate that sequence of events. I think it's in the Kakariko Shop, they will have a fund raising campaign to which you have to contribute to fix the bridge. When you have given enough money, an old Goron will give you a barrel full of hot spring water which will not cool as fast as the bottles you've been taking from the Kakariko Spring.

And a bounty hunter, raised by the evolved Rito, must find her fate as the Heroine of Space...

I never noticed this thread before.:heh:

My two cents:

So a lot of people say this is a fantastic game... I say it's decent.

Sure, it has great dungeons and great bosses.

It also has the biggest character development a Zelda character has ever received (Midna).

Plus, Zant was very cool. I'm glad to see that new Zelda villains make the series justice.

Now, the bad part. The dungeons were cool, but the overabundance of Rupees really annoyed me.

Also, they build Zant over the course of the game just to shunned aside for Ganondorf. Who's about to make a meaningless return (say whatever you want. It wasn't as meaningful as in WW). This reminded me of Andross in Starfox Adventures.

The music is not so great. The only tunes I liked were some boss themes.

The lack of Side-Quests sucks the life out of the game. The only rewards for Soul Hunting and Bug Catching were things connected with money, I believe (correct me if I'm wrong). The rest of the side-quests in that game were mini-games and that monster-filled cave in the desert.

In a related note, the fact that most of the towns were mostly inactive really takes away from the game world. OoT and WW (and I think MM. Never really played it) did this so well, but TP fails.

In a nutshell, this game delivers as a single adventure, but fails as a great Zelda game. I mostly blame the lack of side-quests.

I mostly blame the lack of Miyamoto...

Correct. When Miyamoto is at the helm as director, you get nothing but all time greatness. OOT, Super Mario 64, Super Mario Bros 3, and now Super Mario Galaxy...

Miyamoto initially started as director for TP, but suddenly changed roles and became producer instead, giving the head job to Eiji Aonuma, which probably explains why there is a severe deviation in the consistency/quality of the game in the second half. Had Miyamoto been the "director" froms start to finish, I think we would've had a far better game overall...

Miyamote IS Nintendo. It will be a very sad day when he retires... :bowdown: THE GREATEST! :bowdown:

Miyamoto isn't directing Galaxy. He hasn't been "director" since Mario 64, he just oversees most projects and is more involved in some than others. He was obviously giving a lot of suggestions and advice with Galaxy, but he's not director.

Even on OOT he was the producer working with a team of directors. He was in charge of the entire project, but other people had a lot of creative responsibility too.

I think technically he's only actually technically "directed" a few games total, with the only main Mario ones being SMB and SM64 (not sure about SMB2J aka lost levels or "Mario Brothers). Takashi Tezuka was director of SMB3, Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island, as well as Link to the Past and Link's Awakening. He sadly doesn't direct anymore either.

EDIT: ALSO, Miyamoto never started off as director for TP, in fact I'm pretty sure it was a newer staff member as Aounuma felt he was out of ideas and wasn't sure if he could continue with the Zelda franchise. I think at that point Miyamoto had a talk with him and he got back on board as director.

Miyamoto isn't directing Galaxy. He hasn't been "director" since Mario 64, he just oversees most projects and is more involved in some than others. He was obviously giving a lot of suggestions and advice with Galaxy, but he's not director.

Even on OOT he was the producer working with a team of directors. He was in charge of the entire project, but other people had a lot of creative responsibility too.

I think technically he's only actually technically "directed" a few games total, with the only main Mario ones being SMB and SM64 (not sure about SMB2J aka lost levels or "Mario Brothers). Takashi Tezuka was director of SMB3, Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island, as well as Link to the Past and Link's Awakening. He sadly doesn't direct anymore either.

EDIT: ALSO, Miyamoto never started off as director for TP, in fact I'm pretty sure it was a newer staff member as Aounuma felt he was out of ideas and wasn't sure if he could continue with the Zelda franchise. I think at that point Miyamoto had a talk with him and he got back on board as director.

I just went by this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_games_created_by_Shigeru_Miyamoto

Although theres a lot of conflicting information on wikipedia (listed just a few)...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Mario_Bros._3

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shigeru_Miyamoto

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takashi_Tezuka

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ocarina_of_time

I guess the conclusion you can draw from this is when Miyamoto has "significant" input into a game, it delivers...

Miyamoto initially started as director for TP, but suddenly changed roles and became producer instead, giving the head job to Eiji Aonuma, which probably explains why there is a severe deviation in the consistency/quality of the game in the second half.

Eiji Aonuma has been the Zelda director since Majora's Mask. Miyamoto however is the creator of Zelda and so he oversees all Zelda games.

i hope in the next zelda game we get to feel all the magic from zelda again i liked Twilight princess alot only i missed something , like the ocarina music , secret dungeons where you can find hidden items like Farore's wind , Dins fire , and nayrus love , and i think when you started as young link and grow up ass a great warrior i also wanted More Shields that you can buy in shops more swords like the biggoronsword ,

if they just mix all the magic from Ocarina of time and majoras mask, and the dramatic storyline ( and Design ) of twilight princess it will be the best game ever created becouse to me the ocarina should be a part of link they should never be seperated to me its just like they say in the next zelda link dont has a triforce? or no epona

i hope in the next zelda game we get to feel all the magic from zelda again i liked Twilight princess alot only i missed something , like the ocarina music , secret dungeons where you can find hidden items like Farore's wind , Dins fire , and nayrus love , and i think when you started as young link and grow up ass a great warrior i also wanted More Shields that you can buy in shops more swords like the biggoronsword ,

Why not just replay OoT...

if they just mix all the magic from Ocarina of time and majoras mask, and the dramatic storyline ( and Design ) of twilight princess it will be the best game ever created becouse to me the ocarina should be a part of link they should never be seperated to me its just like they say in the next zelda link dont has a triforce? or no epona

Twilight Princess did have secret dungeons, the ones I found were:

An Ice one off the northern part of the north field

A Fire one: on the cliffs just after the bridge of eldin(?)

A secret labyrinth: off lake hyilia

Another secret labyrinth: near the patch of trees at the entrance of the village

Just finished it for the second time. What a fucking game.

If we could do all that, it'd just be a remake of OOT. I missed the Ocarina, but they have to put new things in to make it feel fresh.

• 2 months later...

Im loving this game, and i used the Waltkhrough two times (and in both ones, the solution was simple)

First: In the dungeon of the Temple, i've used the walktrough to find where was the key of the fourth monkey, i thought i had to kill the guys on the tiles X|

The next one was on the Temple too, and was on a part where i had to find the big key, the most funny thing was that i found every treasure except that one, because i didn't know about the Lock thing X|

But i have to admit, this game is awesome :)

Entered now on the second dungeon (i don't like this one X)

Im loving this game, and i used the Waltkhrough two times (and in both ones, the solution was simple)

First: In the dungeon of the Temple, i've used the walktrough to find where was the key of the fourth monkey, i thought i had to kill the guys on the tiles X|

The next one was on the Temple too, and was on a part where i had to find the big key, the most funny thing was that i found every treasure except that one, because i didn't know about the Lock thing X|

But i have to admit, this game is awesome :)

Entered now on the second dungeon (i don't like this one X)

...Ugh, don't you feel dirty inside for using a guide? I never needed one, they try to syke you out by adding generic puzzles like the Temple of Time guards and the 3 crates Snowpeak Ruins thingy but its all just simple logic.

And I think the Goron Mines is one of the most rewarding temples out of the first three. I mean it was first a struggle to get there, then you use magnets...Its cool.

If i stay in a part 3 hours, i go imediatly to the Guide xD

I simply can't handle :|

(More two times in Guide on the Goron Mine, this game is really hard to me xD)

i had to use a guide a couple of times, cant quiet remember when but i think the water temple got me. only when really stuck tho. way i see it is if i cant do it after a few goes i stop enjoying it. i didnt find it overly hard but then ive been playing zelda for about 14 years, kinda used to the way it works now.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!