NEurope
Hero-of-Time

The Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess

...Could it be we have Zelda in our hearts and minds around about now, cos its usually around these cold winter nights when we're companioned by a Zelda game. :(

Yes indeed. I started playing Dragon Quest IV on Christmas Day, but it's not the same (Dragon Quest VIII is a good substitute though, if you like RPGs).

I wanted to say something about the pacing, because I've played it through three times now and can do it in 22 hours. Twilight Princess is much more fun to rush through, and I actually like the quick pacing between later dungeons. (Wind Waker is about "smelling the roses", as that character tells you.)

In my opinion, the three bits that ruin the pacing every playthrough are actually three dungeons that are too long and complicated:

1. Lakebed Temple

2. Sky Temple

3. Ice Mansion (to some extent)

I guess I'm the only one that disliked the spinner, then?!

You didn't like Stallord or the jumping puzzles that involved it?

The spinnner had the potential to be the best item in the game and give the game some really hardcore depth. They could've had a secret dungeon somewherere which was entirely a spinner labyrinth, where you had to navigate increasingly difficult challenges with more saws, enemies, etc.

Nintendo seem intent nowadays though on only doing the bare minimum with a gameplay mechanic so that people dont get too bored or frustrated with it. The same goes for games like Galaxy too, where you had tons of awesome themes that ended up only being used like once or twice and never to too "hard" an extent.

The same goes for games like Galaxy too, where you had tons of awesome themes that ended up only being used like once or twice and never to too "hard" an extent.

I welcomed that in Galaxy! It's what gives the game so much variety! Whilst in 64 you had to go through the same levels many times, without much change (Tall Tall Mountain will forever be a stone in my shoe as I remember SM64), it was the direction Miyamoto chose for a 3D Mario as he originally intended to make A to B levels like the old 2D games (and demonstrated in the 3 Bowser levels) but later designed the game to more or less be a virtual playground, somewhat sandbox environment.

It worked, of course. But I kind of missed the old A to B formula. Galaxy kind of brought that back, with many varied levels that only appear once, making almost each star unique. It actually is amazing as Galaxy is a true showcase of genius level design and endless creativity. It keeps surprising you right until the end.

Sunshine was even "worse", cause of its tropics theme. Almost Zero variety being the primary reason why so many "look down" on it.

The spinnner had the potential to be the best item in the game and give the game some really hardcore depth. They could've had a secret dungeon somewherere which was entirely a spinner labyrinth, where you had to navigate increasingly difficult challenges with more saws, enemies, etc.

Nintendo seem intent nowadays though on only doing the bare minimum with a gameplay mechanic so that people dont get too bored or frustrated with it. The same goes for games like Galaxy too, where you had tons of awesome themes that ended up only being used like once or twice and never to too "hard" an extent.

I think the reason for that is, just like you said, to keep it short and sweet. In many ways, it worked, as we're all craving more. Which means, you go back through and play the game, and you look forward to those special sections.

Just like how I want to play through the whole game again to get to the Ice Mansion.

It was great to use the spinner in that dungeon until you got to the boss and realised, just as with some of the other bosses (like the water boss), that whilst it seems epic, the actual boss himself barely attacks you and the whole thing is rather easy. The puzzles before that that invovled the spinner were amazing though :)

It was great to use the spinner in that dungeon until you got to the boss and realised, just as with some of the other bosses (like the water boss), that whilst it seems epic, the actual boss himself barely attacks you and the whole thing is rather easy. The puzzles before that that invovled the spinner were amazing though :)

It's part of that Nintendo ethos, I guess. Where they just want everyone to be able to get to the end and experience it all.

So, it may be challenging, but it's not brain-explodingly difficult. It does make sense, Imo. I've got Links Awakening on the GameBoy, and never completed the whole thing, because I just found it too hard at the time. Although, I haven't played it in years. I found it quite off-putting and just lost patience with it.

This took some searching to find, might as well have been searching for the Triforce. Had to remove a lot of dust and it sure is cold and echoey in here. Anyway here's a nice glitch from this game for people to try out.

[Video Features] Eggbusters “Beta” Episode – Twilight Princess

If you own Twilight Princess, you will most likely want to try this glitch out. It’s easily the most fruitful one I’ve done so far with Eggbusters, and one that has more possibilities than I could explore even in ten episodes!

Direct transcript of the directions (courtesy of ZeldaWiki) after the break! Artwork courtesy of Andrew Nixon. :]

Go to any endless void, and prepare to reset. Run, and jump into the void, and press reset just as Link reaches the height of his jump. As an alternative, go to Arbiter’s Grounds. Save the game, then fall into the first sandpit. When the player sees about 2 inches of Link’s arm left, reset the game.

http://nintendoeverything.com/114098/video-features-eggbusters-beta-episode-twilight-princess/

Readers Tell Us What Zelda They Would Like To See Remade Next

zeldatp_610.jpg

The Majora's Mask 3DS remake isn't too far away, but it's never too early to start thinking about what Zelda game deserves to be remade next. Last weekend, I asked readers to share which Zelda game they think deserves to be remade next. After sorting through the comments, I compiled a chart of what everybody is most interested replaying in an updated form.

largechart.jpg

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess was the clear winner, but almost as many commenters said they would rather see Nintendo focus on new Zelda games. Many also requested remakes of Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword, but without motion controls.

GerardoExber wrote about the Capcom-developed Zelda GBA title saying, "Minish Cap on 3DS would be awesome. Vaati is such a great antagonist and a remake is the best way to bring that amazing Zelda villain back to life."

Mike Dozier wrote about bringing the Wii Zeldas to 3DS, as opposed to giving them a huge graphical overhaul. Dozier wrote, "Since Xenoblade Chronicles, a Wii game, is being ported to the New Nintendo 3DS, I would like to see ports of Twighlight Princess, Skyward Sword, and the Wind Waker HD ported as well."

As much as I love Link Between Worlds, Arnold brought up something I've really wanted for some time on a handheld writing, "I want an new full 3D Zelda game on 3DS. However, a 3D remake of Spirit Tracks and The Minish Cap would be welcome."

Rival_M brought up a pretty attractive idea saying, "What if they went really crazy and totally remade Zelda II in a similar was they remade the first Metroid as Zero Mission? I'd play that." I'd play that, too.

Thecates expressed the only response that nearly rivaled the demand for a Twilight Princess remake. "I am happy with what there is now," Thecates wrote. "I wish they would make a title like Hyrule Warriors, where we have the option to play as many characters, not just Link. Maybe even customize our favorite characters."

tstitan reminded us that it doesn't matter what Nintendo remakes, not everyone will be satisfied. "After Majora's Mask 3D releases, I want to see Nintendo remake... Majora's Mask," tstitan* wrote. "I demand it be put on every Nintendo console from now on with updated graphics and changes to the gameplay that make it easier to not use my brain."

hunderWarriorX4 made no qualms about their distaste for the overall discussion of Zelda remakes writing, "None. More Zelda remakes are totally unnecessary. Articles like these have got to stop. Fanboys need to just shut up and accept the fact that not every game needs a remake."

Finally, SummitJay said what we were all thinking, but were too afraid to say out loud: "Twilight Princess would be incredible, but Nintendo should really just give the fans what they want... CD-i remasters."

Does the opinion of others change your about what Zelda game you'd like to see get remade? Or do you want Nintendo to focus on Zelda Wii U?

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2015/01/24/readers-tell-us-what-zelda-they-would-like-to-be-remade-next.aspx

I certainly wouldn't say no to a HD update. I would add the improved controls from Skyward Sword.

Twilight Princess is definitely one of the Nintendo games that could really use an HD update... I've been wanting to go back and replay it for years now, but it feels sooo dated... :/

(Also, that "Mike Dozier" guy is crazy.)

Twilight Princess, HD remaster, full 1080p, option to play with either Wii controls, classic controller or Gamecube Controller via the adapter, £24.99 pirce-tag or limited edition with Link on Epona or Wolf Link with Midna for £39.99 plus a soundtrack CD for the first batch.

That'll do! : peace:

Twilight Princess is definitely the obvious candidate for a remake. I would also like to see OOT and MM brought up the 1080p, 60fps standard, with detailed character models like in the 3DS remakes.

Twilight Princess, HD remaster, full 1080p, option to play with either Wii controls, classic controller or Gamecube Controller via the adapter, £24.99 pirce-tag or limited edition with Link on Epona or Wolf Link with Midna for £39.99 plus a soundtrack CD for the first batch.

That'll do! : peace:

Yep, plus widescreen, but left-handed Link and the overworld the same way round as the GC version.

Twilight Princess could be interresting if remade properly. Removing all loading sequences, removing the narrow passages that tie the different sections of the overworld together could make all the difference in the world for the experience. And of course, a few more side quests (which aren't collect quests) would be great.

And of course, I think that a remake like this could be a good way to test the fesibility of voice acting in Zelda games.

Nope nope nope and nope for me. As I always say, TP was a great game but a pretty weak Zelda, a massive world with its content stretched thin and its soul with it. Everything else was great, but it was really missing the zelda spark and magic imo.

What I'd like? A 2D game remade in a 3D perspective, LttP in 3D/OoT style? Yespls!

I'm greedy i'd like a skyward sword / twilight princess double pack, with upgraded motion controls AND button controls for both!

I can't go to any page beyond 144 in this thread for some reason...

You don't want to. It's the Twilight Realm affect going on beyond here.

I can't go to any page beyond 144 in this thread for some reason...

You don't want to. It's the Twilight Realm affect going on beyond here. It's A Link To The Past.

I didn't double post. Twilight Realm.

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

And now it's magically fixed. Only on page 144 now.

Historically there's been issues with large threads pretending they have more pages than they actually had, not sure what it was related to but it got much improved after some work behind the scenes by the admins. If it happens again I'd say check date/time of last post and see if it tallys with the forum view, if it does then it's the same issue as before of phantom pages rather than you not seeing posts.

EDIT: Ha! Seems I have a phantom page 91 now! Hmm.

RUMOR - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess may see New 3DS remake

The info supposedly comes from multiple GameStop employees...

- info is said to come from local Nintendo representatives

- Twilight Princess could be the next Zelda remake

- would be for the New Nintendo 3DS

- rumor was reiterated multiple times

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/247013-rumor-the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess-may-see-new-3ds-remake

This better not be true because if it happens anywhere, I want it to be on the Wii U.

On the other hand... what a way to get people to buy a New Nintendo 3DS if it does happen and if it's exclusive. :heh:

But yeah... I'd prefer Twilight Princess to be remade for the Wii U, but I'd buy it on any Nintendo format. : peace: