Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Wii Connects to Nintendo VIP

Ashley

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was gonna keep it quiet but seeing as some people have figured it out already..

screenshot51lx5.jpg

As you can see in the above image.. there's something different. It's the little Mario Hat- that's the club nintendo Japan logo.

That's never been seen outside of Japan officially.

There is something we know for sure- Nintendo Stars are not defunct, you get them with the console and Zelda.

Which means there are two possibilities.

1. Nintendo Japan is internationalising the rewards scheme so that everyone has access to the same gifts that Japan gets: Wiimotes early that work your TV, game and watch DS games. Real items basically.

2. Nintendo Europe has taken the initiative following claims that it's service is poor- it will phase out the VIP 24:7 brand in favour of club Nintendo but keep the stars.. and the stars may be redeemable against virtual console titles.

I was one of the people that doubted Nintendo Europe had the influence to get this implemented. But perhaps it's possible.

My theory is that it's just gonna work the other way around.

Buy Mario 64 on the virtual console: get 250 stars automatically added to your account to spend on shit wallpapers.

Very tough to say but something is obviously happening because club nintendo is not there for nothing.

Seeing as you can't get a serial number for virtual console titles Nintendo Europe may be trying to reward you for your purchase (as an incentive over emulation)

DO NOT GET YOUR HOPES UP FOR FREE STARS.

Hopefully we will see some conversion of VIP points into Wii Points, or maybe they will offer different offers with your VIP points, like for one week on get donkey kong say with your VIP points (so its technically free). I can't see Nintendo letting people just use VIP points straight for games when they could just charge you for them. I have just over 2000 at the mo, had thousands before but lost the email account name when my computer crashed and it wasnt one I used! so couldn't remember it!

i think if they used the stars for games it would be great. With one game you only get 250 stars(even if it is one star for one wii point) there for buying one game does not give you enough stars for a vc game. Even a nes game would need 500 stars or wii points so for a snes game you would need at least 4 games bought to get 800 star/wii points and a n64 game would need at leats 5 games bought to get the 1000 stars/wii points. The only thing is that as europe had a crap star service we all have alot of points saved but if people use it they will go pretty quickly at first and give an incentive to buy more games. Or maybe they could use the stars as a currency for demo's of wii and ds games as stars come with both systems.

Guest Stefkov

Using stars for demos is the same thing for using them on shite wallpapers... a load of crap.

I want free demos. I dont want to spend money on a game, get stars then spend those stars on somethig that might be crap, the whole point of a demo really is, for me, to see if i like the game.

Using stars for demos is the same thing for using them on shite wallpapers...

Only in the sense that both are stupid.

Both items are promotional, they are intended to sell a game.. you go to a movie website and you can download all sorts of propaganda.

AIM icons, wallpaper, screensavers and the like.

You don't pay for them in any currency because they further the advertising into the computer. Reminding you and others to go and see this movie.

You shouldn't have to pay for an Electroplankton screensaver because the production values that go into it are almost zero, and it reminds you to buy a game.

The production values that go into a demo are there because you are more likely to buy the game if you were sitting on the fence about the game.

Neither is worth anything. This argument that people shouldn't whinge about the stars catalogue is bollocks, because Nintendo of America get wallpapers and screensavers for free anyway.

"OMG STOP WHINGING NINTENDO EUROPE DO THIS FOR FREE AMERICA DOESN'T GET THIS"

Yes, they do.

To sum it up, demos should be free. Virtual console titles should be free for an hour before you buy and everything currently listed on the star catalogue should be listed as free.

Only real items should cost stars. eg. Plushies, keyrings, games, and other leftover crap from Nintendo events.

Sweet. I've enjoyed the Nintendo stars and got a copy of Starfox Adventures and a cool poster too. Can't really complain with that.

I got Star Fox Adventures as well through the Stars Catalogue :) Also got Zelda Collector's Edition, Pokémon Box and a Pac-Man Nintendo DS stylus :grin:

What is Pokemon box, and how did you do the funny 'e' in Pokemon?

e + right alt = é

Pokémon Box is more of a utility program for people who have Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire on GBA. You also need a GameCube - GBA cable. It comes with a memory card, so you can store your Pokémon on it. And it'll let you play Ruby/Sapphire without a Game Boy Player. I don't know if it's compatible with Pokémon Emerald though, but I'm sure it is.

e + right alt = é

Pokémon Box is more of a utility program for people who have Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire on GBA. You also need a GameCube - GBA cable. It comes with a memory card, so you can store your Pokémon on it. And it'll let you play Ruby/Sapphire without a Game Boy Player. I don't know if it's compatible with Pokémon Emerald though, but I'm sure it is.

é..... Ideal cheers for that! Pokémon Box sounds alright, guess it's a bit late to be going down that road now though. Thanks anyway.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!