NEurope
mcj metroid

Metal gear solid:Twin snakes

Heads up for all those wanting this game its now £17.99 on play.com and its in stock.
Yeah I just went over to play.com and saw they had had it in (not that I need a copy),

However it was Out of Stock! They must have had about 10 copies!

Yeah I just went over to play.com and saw they had had it in (not that I need a copy),

However it was Out of Stock! They must have had about 10 copies!

LMBO. Your right, its sold out now.

I am playing the GC version now, and I have to say I think they have ruined the whole feeling of the game, the sounds are wrong, Naomi's voice is wrong, the whole atmosphere of the orignal game has gone and turned into a flat bottle of Lemonade

I am playing the GC version now, and I have to say I think they have ruined the whole feeling of the game, the sounds are wrong, Naomi's voice is wrong, the whole atmosphere of the orignal game has gone and turned into a flat bottle of Lemonade

They didn't change the sounds.

The opening was different when he swims up the song was different, when you die that has been changed, it isn't metal gear :(

The original MGS has no feeling at all....it just seems lame. Probably becuase I played this before the original.

The opening was different when he swims up the song was different, when you die that has been changed, it isn't metal gear :(

It's an amazing game and a wonderful re-make. Yeah, it's not going to be a port of the original, it's a re-make.

am yes they obviously did.the music was redone and is worse and the voice is redone...for instance when meryl is having the headache thing she lets out a hilarious cry

Exactly how i feel

it isn't metal gear :(

You're right, it's Crash Bandicoot. OGMZ!!!1 Teh h0rr0rx!11

You know, the voices in REmake were also completely changed, the sounds and music 100% new and the camera angles are also different. I don't see anyone complaining about that or saying it's not Resident Evil, however.

You're right, it's Crash Bandicoot. OGMZ!!!1 Teh h0rr0rx!11

You know, the voices in REmake were also completely changed, the sounds and music 100% new and the camera angles are also different. I don't see anyone complaining about that or saying it's not Resident Evil, however.

thats because the voice acting in the original re evil was uninitensionally hilarious.Whereas as metal gear was perfect

I'm not arguing over the fact that the voices were re-recorded, if you notice correctly. It just is stupid to say it's not metal gear because of that. MGS:TS is as much Metal Gear as REmake is Resident Evil. And REmake is as much different from the original as a remake can be, at least in terms of sound. Not only the voices were re-recorded (and they are still bad in REmake), but all the sound effects and music are new. Cut scenes, like in MGS, are also new. Yet no-one says REmake isn't Resident Evil. This is my only point here.

If you prefer the original one, the PS1 MGS, that game still exists, it was not destroyed in fire after they finished TS, you can play that one.

I'm not arguing over the fact that the voices were re-recorded, if you notice correctly. It just is stupid to say it's not metal gear because of that. MGS:TS is as much Metal Gear as REmake is Resident Evil. And REmake is as much different from the original as a remake can be, at least in terms of sound. Not only the voices were re-recorded (and they are still bad in REmake), but all the sound effects and music are new. Cut scenes, like in MGS, are also new. Yet no-one says REmake isn't Resident Evil. This is my only point here.

If you prefer the original one, the PS1 MGS, that game still exists, it was not destroyed in fire after they finished TS, you can play that one.

look listen there is a mjor difference here.Resident evil came a longer way.The orginal had terrible graphics,bad voice acting and in parts weird music that all had to be reworked.it got a huge makeover and it was for the better.and there was no control change unlike twin snakes

but metal gear had fantastiv voice acting,brilliant music and great controls and for the time great graphics.but they redid the voice,And remade the music and i hate the twin snakes soundtrack.im passionate with music in games.the mantis hymn was fucked up in twin snakes for instance.And the controls were horribly mapped.i mean if O was the puch in ps1 why id it B on gamecube?Shoulnt it be X?

metal gear twin snakes is fun but it didnt need to exist.

I found the voice acting, music, controls, graphics, story and cut-scenes in The Twin Snakes absolutely amazing. The whole game reeked of quality.

I found the voice acting, music, controls, graphics, story and cut-scenes in The Twin Snakes absolutely amazing. The whole game reeked of quality.

Exactly.

The major difference you are reffering to, mcj metroid, is all about opinion, not fact. The fact is that both games were very much changed, RE more than MGS even. Anything else is opinion. Your opinion is that RE was changed for the better and MGS for the worse. Fair enough.

I agree, but I never played the original. I often think it's very hard for a fan of the original to enjoy a remake. It;s the same with cover songs and film remakes. I find the one you play/hear/see first is always the best.

I didn’t mind the redone voice acting apart from Mei lings new American voice (even if it makes more sense to be American I think the old accent was better ) Music took a down step but the controls were a bit dodgy...Holding Z for First person aiming and I found a bit difficult.

Not sure why they went to the trouble of putting in all the dog tags for you collect but have no reward whatsoever for collecting them all

Quick question - did MGS Twin Snakes comes with 'Stars points'?

TIA :)

..mine didn't, so.. hopefully not :heh:

Quick question - did MGS Twin Snakes comes with 'Stars points'?

TIA :)

It didn't as it wasn't a first party nintendo game.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that it did...I'll have to check up on that though...actually, gives me an excuse to play through the game again :heh:

it might have come with stars because it was developed by Silicon Knights the same developers who made Eternal Darkness, dunno if they were second party at the time or not...