NEurope
mcj metroid

Metal gear solid:Twin snakes

Beating something of insane difficulty= Huge Satisfaction

I love F-Zero GX and it's craziness.

well ye talk about f-zero are ye talking about the story mode or ardace.the arcade was very easy i found

I think I'm gonna buy this on ebay, just for the fact its a tiny glimpse of a series (thats good but most certainly overrated) that will never make it to Nintendo systems due to being in the clutches of Sony despite the no "only for" sign in the corner of the boxart in the PAL version... :angry:

I think I'm gonna buy this on ebay, just for the fact its a tiny glimpse of a series (thats good but most certainly overrated) that will never make it to Nintendo systems due to being in the clutches of Sony despite the no "only for" sign in the corner of the boxart in the PAL version... :angry:

Ahh the futility of a bitter fanboy.

How about buying it for what it is? One of the best games on Gamecube, it's amazing.

It's a very good game, it's worth getting for the great gameplay this game provides and it has very good replay value. I just beat the game on the weekend for the third time. There is a choice in one part of the game when

Meryl gets kidnapped and you have a choice to save her or not in the torture room. If you cave in to the torture, the ending is different and Meryl dies. But you get the stealth camoflauge from Otacon if you give in to the torture. You get infinite ammo if Meryl survives by not giving in to the torture

And i almost forgot, beat the game twice on any difficulty and you get alternative clothes in the third run

If I do end up getting the game, i'll probably get the NTSC version, the boxarts better, especially with the added bonus of an only for symbol.

If I do end up getting the game, i'll probably get the NTSC version, the boxarts better, especially with the added bonus of an only for symbol.

I beg to differ

metal-gear-solid-twin-snakes-box-art-thumb.jpg

8311.jpg

Exclusive Shinkawa Art >>>>>>> Render

I beg to differ

metal-gear-solid-twin-snakes-box-art-thumb.jpg

8311.jpg

Exclusive Shinkawa Art >>>>>>> Render

I agree, the american boxart is very er... American, the European one is far more arty, the same can be said for the Resident Evil boxart.

Yeah, I prefer the PAL boxart.

I've completed this game 4 times, twice with each ending. It's an awesome game. I remember playing the ps1 version, I must have been about 8? I didn't really get into it, despite completing it. Didn't really pay much attention to the story, but going through it again on the gamecube was sweet. Never really had any problems with the control scheme though, I like the gamecube pad.

I haven't played this yet. There's been occassions where I've seen this for about 19 quid or so, but was skint so didn't bother.

I think my friend has this. If he's reading this, lend me the damn game!

The problem is, once you play this one, no one will be able to play the original.

I remember first playing Metal Gear Solid on the ps1. It blew my mind. Simple as.

Me too - absolutely amazing game. The whole thing was great. Actually I have my PS1 set up now...It's tempting to rediscover it.

Me too - absolutely amazing game. The whole thing was great. Actually I have my PS1 set up now...It's tempting to rediscover it.

Once i get MGS4 i will be doing a Massive marathon

MGS3 -> MGS PO -> MG1 (the msx version, NES version is the tard version) -> MG2(Same again) -> MGS1 -> MGS2 -> MGS4

Its gonna be great.

Would take me a month i think.

MGS3 -> MGS PO -> MG1 (the msx version, NES version is the tard version) -> MG2(Same again) -> MGS1 -> MGS2 -> MGS4

Its gonna be great.

Sounds like a good long weekend!

hahaha this really puts things into perspective! The only game I had trouble with this generation was F-Zero GX, that was brutal on the higher difficulty settings. But I never played Ikaruga.

F-Zero GX feels almost impossible on the highest difficulty level. I mean, like almost ACTUALLY impossible. It's so hard.

I just beat the game on the weekend for the third time. There is a choice in one part of the game when

Meryl gets kidnapped and you have a choice to save her or not in the torture room. If you cave in to the torture, the ending is different and Meryl dies. But you get the stealth camoflauge from Otacon if you give in to the torture. You get infinite ammo if Meryl survives by not giving in to the torture

Yeah, but it's funny, I think the game doesn't make it quite clear that you do have a choice. I only found out about that choice on the net after I beat the game the first time. In my first run through I simply assumed that if I caved in it would be game over, hence not being a choice at all. The only way to find out that it actually is a choice is to surrender or to not bash A fast enough. Unfortunately, bashing the A button isn't that demanding at all so you only lose in that scene if you actually want to. And if you think, like I did, that if you lose it's game over, then you don't want to lose, now do you? Resident Evil 4's button bash scenarios are far more demanding than MGS' one.

And i almost forgot, beat the game twice on any difficulty and you get alternative clothes in the third run

I didn't know this, I only beat the game twice so far. Well, It was thrice actually cause after I beat it the very first time I stupidly deleted the save file so I had to beat it again and then I beat it the second time for the second ending and extras.

The only problem I had with this game was...

When the hind fires a rocket and snake does a backflip...onto the rocket.. then leads into the air.

I'm pretty sure his ankles would have been ripped off or something or he would be lying face first on the ground while getting pummled with machine gun rounds.

....I hate Versus.....

The only problem I had with this game was...

When the hind fires a rocket and snake does a backflip...onto the rocket.. then leads into the air.

I'm pretty sure his ankles would have been ripped off or something or he would be lying face first on the ground while getting pummled with machine gun rounds.

....I hate Versus.....

Haha lets not even go there, the amount of questionable physically impossible things that happens in all the MGS games.

Or any game for that matter

i've played both the playstation version i didn't play till the end

but the cube version yes i played that about 2 times

i like the cut scenes in it a total of 3 hours on cutscenes

the voice acting i like to

only they should have done more to the gameplay

Its gonna be great.

Hey! Hey! Hey!

A real hardcore fan would also play Ac!d 1 and 2!

Hey! Hey! Hey!

A real hardcore fan would also play Ac!d 1 and 2!

Why?

You also forgot Ghost Babel, but that's beside the point. None of these said games are part of the main story arc. I see no point in playing them.

Not to mention - he missed Snake's Revenge on the NES!

No i did not

because both NES versions are the inferior versions.

No i did not

because both NES versions are the inferior versions.

Well, you're wrong, MG2 is NOT Snake's Revenge, that is an entirely different game altogether. It was a NES only release, and was produced by Kojima.