General Wii Questions

Fierce_LiNk

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wii to be taken off the market? :confused:

Nintendo Sued for Patent Infringement

The Wiimote may not be as unique as we thought.

by Micah Seff

US, December 8, 2006 - In a surprising turn of events, Nintendo is already the target of litigious action concerning its newly released Wii console. California-based Interlink electronics has filed a complaint against Nintendo for what it has deemed to be a case of copyright infringement over the pointing functionalities of the Wiimote.

Gaming blog Kotaku has obtained a court filing, issued by the US District Court of Delaware, which accuses Nintendo of infringing on a patent filed previously by Interlink Electronics. The court filing claims that Interlink Electronics has suffered "loss of reasonable royalties, reduced sales and/or lost profits as a result of the infringing activities of" Nintendo.

The claim refers to a patent filed in February, 2005 which refers to a device titled "Trigger Operated Electronic Device." The patent describes the advice as a "trigger operated device in the nature of a pointing device for use with an electronic system such as a computer." The patent continues to describe a device which, on the surface, sounds an awful like the Wii's controller.

The complaint demands that Nintendo be enjoined and restrained from further infringing on the patent, presumably by taking the Wii off the market. Furthermore, the filing demands that the court order Nintendo to pay Interlink three times the assessed damages, including prejudgment interests and attorney fees. Additionally, the plaintiff is demanding a jury trial of any and all issues pertaining to the case.

Source: http://wii.ign.com/articles/750/750001p1.html

hey i;ve got a question for you guys, how do you activate the 60hz mode(pal60) for Wii games?

Im pretty sure there was an option when you first start the Wii console up, whether you want to display in 50hz or 60hz mode. So you should be able to alter it in the settings menu on the Wii.

Im pretty sure there was an option when you first start the Wii console up, whether you want to display in 50hz or 60hz mode. So you should be able to alter it in the settings menu on the Wii.

oh ok so its in the same menu where you also set if you want to display in widescreen or 4:3 ?

Guest Stefkov
I think so, i'll have a check anyway.

EDIT: Yeah it is. Go into the settings, then go into 'Screen' and then 'TV Type'

When I change it to pal 60 it makes everything go fuzzier than pal 50 on my TV?

I dont like it. I'm just gonna leave it on 50 until i can get the component cable.

Question: How long does it take for the Mii Parade to fill up? Can random Mii's come on it?

ok now that the wii is out and after me playing my pals i have a question about it. In all the pictures showing off the wii on tv, magazines ect. it shows the blue neon light on, but going to my pals house and playing his i asked y he didnt have this light, i asked another pal and he said he didnt know why this was and both of there systems the light goes on for half a second when they turn it on, so my question is really why the hell do u not get that cool neon light in all the pictures?

When I change it to pal 60 it makes everything go fuzzier than pal 50 on my TV?

I dont like it. I'm just gonna leave it on 50 until i can get the component cable.

I wouldn't know because I've had it on 60hz from the word go. Will have to try it out though to see if it's the case with me.

Quick query concerning SD cards. I got an official SDcard but i can only save 126 files on it. its no where near capacity yet i cant add anymore files above this. Was this an intentional thing on nintendos part?

Edit:

Sorry does anyone have an ETA on s-video cables? I want Zelda looking sparkly!

Thanks in advance.

Daftada, the Wii does take ALL SD cards. The Sandisk ones i think you've purchased are only liscenced by Nintendo, but are identical to any others on the market. The Licensed SD cards come in (largest to smallest) 512Mg, 1G and 2G - check which one you have.

That said, i've checked the Sandisk website and it doesn't say about a file limit. But when you say file, do you mean 'file' or blocks (since i think all Wii storage is measured in blocks).

Daftada, the Wii does take ALL SD cards. The Sandisk ones i think you've purchased are only liscenced by Nintendo, but are identical to any others on the market. The Licensed SD cards come in (largest to smallest) 512Mg, 1G and 2G - check which one you have.

That said, i've checked the Sandisk website and it doesn't say about a file limit. But when you say file, do you mean 'file' or blocks (since i think all Wii storage is measured in blocks).

Thanks, I can only save 126 files. I just wondered if those Nintendo licensed ones had a certain amount 'reserved' for Wii save files/VC games. I'll try formatting it and seeing if that fixes the problem.

ok now that the wii is out and after me playing my pals i have a question about it. In all the pictures showing off the wii on tv, magazines ect. it shows the blue neon light on, but going to my pals house and playing his i asked y he didnt have this light, i asked another pal and he said he didnt know why this was and both of there systems the light goes on for half a second when they turn it on, so my question is really why the hell do u not get that cool neon light in all the pictures?

if you have registered another persons wii console code to your wii (and he has to do the same) when you get a message from that person through wiiconnect 24 the disk slot will illuminate and pulsate a blue light. The light isn't for show, its for notification purposes.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!