Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

No More Heroes

Smiter

I'm trying to find a positive side to the censored version so help me out.

Will there be blood in the cutscene or is the game 100% blood free ?

and what are the odds of getting the un-censored version in the UK.+

Edit my English is really bad :Þ

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

might have to get the blood free version for now, instant a wii freeloader is out i'll get the blood inclusive US version.

first time land of the free has lived up to its name.

Ditto.

Thanks for clearing that up Hellfire, must've mistaken the GC one on the Wii for the actual Wii one...

I'm trying to find a positive side to the censored version so help me out.

Will there be blood in the cutscene or is the game 100% blood free ?

and what are the odds of getting the un-censored version in the UK.+

Edit my English is really bad :Þ

If the cutscenes aren't pre-rendered, meaning they use the game engine you won't see any blood in them either.

Oh cutscenes, I've no clue how you can mistype that as "crustaceans", but whatever. Yeah, I saw the Japanese intro and the guys dissolved into black bits there.

He mistyped "cutscenes" and the spell check told him "crustaceans" (as "cutscenes" isn't in the dictionary - it's "cut scenes").

This scored a rather respectable 9.0 in this months n-revolution mag.

Was marked down a bit for some technical roughness and glitches but summarised :-

The most stylish Wii game yet , full of quirks and humour.

Finely balanced use of the Wii remote and nunchuck.

Let down only by technical glitches and game engine.

Conclusion - As rough as recycled bog roll , but in terms of gameplay and ideas this is the daddy of third-party Wii games.

Another one for the pre-order list then.

No More Heroes - CVG review 94%, 3rd party triple A games are here

' You've already showed your friends Super Mario Galaxy. It gave you the same feeling as when you saw Ridge Racer on the PSOne, or Super Mario 64 on N64, or Soul Calibur on the Dreamcast - games that you could stick on your telly and say "look - this is a brilliant, brilliant game." Well, No More Heroes is another game like that; something that will awe people.

'Anywhere else and No More Heroes would still be hatstand chicken-punching bonkers, but nowhere else would it be so entirely at home than on the console with the crazy split-in-two controller and the arm-flapping games. Like the Wii, none of it should work, but like the Wii, everything does. Brilliantly.'

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=177850

EDGE:

No More Heroes - [9]

Maybe it's some sort of psychology for developers?

"We need more third party games on the Wii, and good quality ones...so really praising an already great game will show developers that we like adventuruous (sp?) games."

Either that, or it's a bluddy good game, which it probably is.

Maybe it's some sort of psychology for developers?

"We need more third party games on the Wii, and good quality ones...so really praising an already great game will show developers that we like adventuruous (sp?) games."

Either that, or it's a bluddy good game, which it probably is.

It's both. This game is going to kick astronomal amounts of ass, and is my most anticipated game of the moment. If I had to choose between NMH and SSBB, then screw SSBB.

(Not saying I don't want SSBB, I mean, look at my avatar.)

Now Brawls been delayed (slightly) my attention has somewhat gone straight to this (and many will do the same), watch the sales soar in USA and Europe.

Supposadely the controls are slightly linear and you can't swing the remote like you want...but it's better this way.

You know what? After seeing so many previews, i completely changed my perspective about this game O_O

Its so non-sense, that fucking rulls, this one will be for my Birthday :D

Now Brawls been delayed (slightly) my attention has somewhat gone straight to this (and many will do the same), watch the sales soar in USA and Europe.

Supposadely the controls are slightly linear and you can't swing the remote like you want...but it's better this way.

You see I quite like that, you only swing in the final part of the battles, like the finishing moves. I think this adds a level of finesse rather than madly swinging. I think it takes the Galaxy approach of using subtle intergration of the wiimote functions.

You know what? After seeing so many previews, i completely changed my perspective about this game O_O

Its so non-sense, that fucking rulls, this one will be for my Birthday :D

You are on your path towards enlightment!

I'm glad you don't need to waggle to swing, would just make the game feel a bit tacky.

If it's well implemented I don't see what would be the problem. I hate this prejudice against "waggle".

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!