N-Europe

Shame on you ubisoft

ultrajamie

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Giving them a break is buying their games when you don't want them.

If you do that you're an idiot.

You are not the target audience for most of these games, so get over it.

I'm gonna enjoy Rabbids.. a lot of kids are gonna enjoy playing 4x4 and that other kids game.

thats the thing though... i would've bought all these games if they were actually good... are you saying that kids deserve sub-par software?

maybe thats why the gamecube was so popular with children!!

No, I am saying from a business point of view that they have lower standards.. and that there is a market for them at launch.

Your problem is not with the developpers who make this bad game and didn't put the effort in. (so you say..)

It's with the publisher who says "You will make this game in 4 months and on this (tiny) budget."

The developper's hands are tied.. and they probably do their best, as it's their reputation on the line.

Your argument would probably stand up on a PS3 or 360.. but the truth is, hardcore gamers like yourself have high standards.. and are going to want to play Zelda. It has swamped the launch (as Nintendo does every time I might add) and thus you have to give them a break.

i'm with ultra jamie on this one.In all fairness YES they supported the console but it was ALL talk and no action.The controls for the first person game in super monkey was better than the controls for the entire red steel game.

I hate this feeling sorry for the developer crap.You are the gamers.If a game is crap it is crap.Ubisoft STILL havent released a worthwhile ds game after all.gt pro series was a port of a horrible gamecube game.monster trucks is a poor mans excite truck.Far cry looks like shit.

The only good one is rayman.

Lets look at EA now.Need for speed and madden.Both try new controls and succeed have decent graphics and quite frankly are good games.There is a reason why you are NOT the biggest publisher/developer yet ubisoft or even the second where you want to be

I never expected out of those huge amounts of announced Ubi titles to be any good. I mean, in such a short time developing so many high-profile titles like Far Cry, Splinter Cell? I didn't had much hope for Monster Truck, GT Pro, Blazing Angels to start with. All my eyes were on Red Steel and Rayman anyway, the titles made from scratch. Shame Red Steel doesn't seem to live up to the hype, though i still wanna try.

Im happily awaiting the next batch of Ubi titles. Till then, I've got enough games to keep me occupied.

• 3 weeks later...

Ubisoft did ok. Yeah the games turn out mediocre but tell me a system that came out with 20 AAA titles and i go burn their offices myself. Things will be ok with time and its good to have studios like Ubi to support Wii.

PS. I don't remember who did but i remember someone from EA, i think, saying that many developers are "afraid" to developed for Nintendo consoles especially titles that are the same type as the first party ones. Ever consider that? Why we never saw a Zelda clone haha?

Rayman looks good. As for the FPS games, I'd rather they'd waited till they could make a half decent one or not bothered at all.

redsteel200610100225149qn4.jpg

Yeah, I remember when we thought Red Steel would look like that :laughing: The fact there's no gun or crosshair in shot should give you a hint that it's not an actual screengrab from the game. Although even then they're keen to keep as far away from everything as possible in case you see what the textures look like close up.

red steel has xbox 180 graphics somewhere between the xbox and 360. they are the best graphics so far on the wii

I dont remember the Xbox being incapable of making a bottle look round rather than hexagonal or using N64 textures, letterboxed screen and straight lines so jaggy that anything more than 6 foot away looks like lego. The GameCube kicked out far better graphics in its time than red steel. Even simple games like Monkey Ball and Wii sports make it look woeful.

Rayman and Red Steel are both awesome - thats a good launch for a 3rd party. The fact that the other games are disappointing is a shame, but at least they released them, Monster 4x4 is actually a lot of fun and a decent price at £20, I;m sure Gt is the same. And about Far Cry, the game is meant to play really well, just a technical dog - so when thats on sale that could be worth picking up too!!!

As for Prince of Persia being two thrones...well..that is shit news. Ive just finished the game - really good, not close to the first though; but this means I won't be buying it. I can kind of understand the logic though, they're experiemneting with the wiimote and its cheaper to use an old game....But the sales will obviously be much lower because of it. Gutted though as I'd like another Persia game!

and now.... prince of perisa is revealed to be a dodgey port too....

are people still thinking ubisoft is doing wii a favour.

at least EA seem to be putting some effort into wii... with madden and SSX they seem to be at least doing a bit more than porting old GC games

They are supporting it, and even if the games aren't as good as nintendo's own, it does help the console sell. If someone doesn't like zelda, they're gonna go for red steel or something like that, and red steel is an awesome gamse anyway :)

And EA are pure poison!

I still support them. Red Steel is meant to be a bit of a love/hate game. It still sounds like a fun game to play, and people have been posting saying that they are enjoying this game.

I want to play Rayman, and it looks very appealing at the moment.

They could have put in more of an effort with Far Cry, but aw well.

The main thing is, they're supporting the system with games that people will enjoy. Sure, they may not be as amazing as Nintendo's own, but then, very third parties are able to compete with Nintendo in that respect. Asking Ubisoft to out-muscle Nintendo on launch day of their own console is like trying to punch out God. It just won't happen. :heh:

Having games available on the system > Not having games available.

I'm sticking by them.

Ubisoft have been amongst my favourite developers for a while because no one can deny that they produce loads of quality games. I think...well, graphically it would've been a bit difficult because developers only got their Rev kits in like...May was it? So I can understand why the graphics are sub par. And I think for such a control system and being the amongst the first developers to use it...well, there'll always be some flaws.

It's only a matter of time til they get back to form I think. And god, I hope they can distance themselves from EA.

I'm sure that Nintendo were keen to get Ubisoft's titles ready for Wii launch, and this is added pressure for the development teams. Its just one of those thing, launches are riddled with average games at best, with only one or two making the A list.

Hopefully, regardless of the reviews all these titles sell on Wii - ensuring Ubi's continued support for Wii.

• 2 weeks later...