NEurope
ZeldaFreak

The Christmas Thread

Christmas Eve: Work, probably pub. Then maybe later meet up with friends and such.

Christmas Day: Breakfast at home with roomie, her boyfriend and her mom. Then dinner at parent's. Then tea at home. Then grandparents for snacks and idle chitchat.

Boxing Day: A long car ride to other grandparents who bore me with that-person-who-shares-the-same-parent-as-me. Thank god for iPods and DS'.

Christmas Eve: Work, probably pub. Then maybe later meet up with friends and such.

Christmas Day: Breakfast at home with roomie, her boyfriend and her mom. Then dinner at parent's. Then tea at home. Then grandparents for snacks and idle chitchat.

Boxing Day: A long car ride to other grandparents who bore me with that-person-who-shares-the-same-parent-as-me. Thank god for iPods and DS'.

That sounds slightly weid, do you mean ' Then go to grandparents to have some snacks and idle chitchat"

anyone else like The Killers' christmasy song- A Great Big Sled?

its pretty good lol

That sounds slightly weid, do you mean ' Then go to grandparents to have some snacks and idle chitchat"

Whole extended family come round, theres 'party food' lying around and people chat.

Whole extended family come round, theres 'party food' lying around and people chat.

It was when you said grandparents for snacks, first thing I thought was you were going to eat them.

Which as Carlito would say "thats not cool"

Right, going to listen through it to check it flows and all that but the provisional christmas playlist for work is as follows;

Big Naked - I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Clause

Blink 182 - I Won't Be Home For Christmas

The Dandy Warhols - Little Drummer Boy

Jet - Back Door Santa

Death Cab For Cutie - Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)

The Killers - A Great Big Sled

Rob Thomas - A New York Christmas

Jimmy Eats World - Last Christmas

Eels - Christmas Is Going To The Dogs

Smashing Pumpkins - Christmastime

Ben Folds - Bizarre Christmas Incident

Bright Eyes - Blue Christmas

(and it was going to be called "There is neither a Santa Claus nor an Easter Bunny, and there are no angels watching over us. Things just happen for no reason. And nothing makes any sense.", but thats a tad long)

My parents went Christmas shopping earlier today. Watched them unload the boot, amd I think I saw my present.

Right so done most of mine. Going to buy a tie for my dad tomorrow (boring but he never uses presents anyway), little bodywash bag with gel in and stuff for Beaver, and something else for my roomie. Oh and a cuddly Mumble (from Happy Feet) toy as a joke for my manager. Then its just my mom on Sunday (getting nan to help) and I think im done once all the orders come through.

I'm not sure what to get my secret santa at work. I think I'll just go to Boots, bath stuff is pretty safe.

Was going to organise a secret santa at work then realised I'd probably end up with a temp, so just buying presents for the people I actually like.

I bought all my presents, I got:

A slinky!

A pair of pom poms!

A fibre optic light!

A book about Maths!

Downtown by Emma Bunton!

Sequins!

A cruddy Loch Ness Monster toy!

A lump of coal!

40 Gems Stones!

A pair of sparkly angel wings!

I've done all I need to do! I also got my Mum two CDs (Paulo Nutini (sp?) and Rod Stewart), my Dad a book and my brother a Mighty Boosh DVD (though I regret it now, I should have gotten him a Quincy/A-Team boxset dammit!).

Now, I can focus on the fun part of Christmas - wrapping!

Paulo Nutini (sp?)

Paolo Nutini

Anyway. Wrapped some last night, still need to get a few more bits and pieces.

I haven't even started Christmas shopping yet. :S I'm in the middle of my Uni exams and they finish on Tuesday. Wednesday will be spent recovering from Tuesday night's celebrations, and heading to an end of term Christmas Party. Thursday will be spent recovering from that, and hopefully I will make a start on my Christmas shopping.

Probably won't get it finished until Saturday evening or Sunday morning

o.O

That's Christmas Eve isn't it!!

Crap!!.....so much to do....so little time....

I love Christmas shopping when I know what people want or know what people like. I hate it when friends just say, "oh yeah, I got you something".. then its "oh shit I've got to get them soemthing, but what do I get them.."

I've got two things to get now, all my main shopping is done.

Though I'm missing one vital part of my presents, wrapping paper..

Are bars open on Christmas day?

Food serving pubs (eg Pathfinder and Whetherspoons) are.

My mate was gonna start his shopping today but he found out yesterday that his debit card was cloned and over £800 stolen from it so he cant afford anything until the bank issue him a new card and get his money back.

I really ought to get on with Christmas shopping, but I'm not even sure what to get everybody just yet. I was going to get everybody Gremlins on DVD but they probably wouldn't appreciate it as much as 10 me's would.

I got a capo for my guitar in a sectret santa, for my person I got gave a box of little goodies. We had a £5 limit in place, which was very hard to stick to, so everyone went over.

I just need to buy my secret santa something then I've finished christmas shopping, although I'll probably buy some extras for people too.

I'm starting to worry I've bought my sister too much, then again is that possible?

Need to get something for my manager, a friend, little brother, dad, and I think im done. Bought my mom a nice bracelet today and used my contacts in H Samuels to get discount. Got things on order. Oh and I need to get my roommie something else, not sure what though. Asked her boyfriend for ideas and apparently hes stuck too.