NEurope
Pit-Jr

Gamecube Tribute...R.I.P- Best Moments

I thought it would be cool to mention some gaming moments that made Gamecube a worthy purchase. If anyone replies to this, i'd like to hear all the different responses. Heres mine:

LoZ Wind Waker-The final blow where our tiny cel shaded hero drives the Master Sword through Ganon's forehead. There was something very awesome/disturbing about it that made my jaw drop. Money well spent

Metroid Prime - The first time I met and shot down flying pirates, and an explosion made "my" face appear in the visor. It was just a very friggin' cool feeling.

Metroid Prime, just the atmosphere this game oozes, it was so refreshing, finally a game that grasped me like Ocarina of Time had done, reading the space pirate logs of how I had kept infiltrating their labs and stopping their work. Simply amazing!

Wind Waker, pure magic, I felt touched when you fist speak to the Deku Tree and he starts to speak to you in ancient Hylian, seeing you as the Hero of Time! Beautiful!

Eternal Darkness, the level at which this game plays with your mind is great! I remember the game showing an error message and I was thinking my still quite new Cube had crashed! Very clever and brilliantly scripted!

Res Evil (remake and 4), the scares they both gave me, the atmosphere and tension. Gripping!

All these games had me going through different emotions whilst playing them! These next few only had me feeling one, FUN!

SSBM

MK: DD

SMB

Viewtiful Joe

It's these games that I'll remember my cube by mostly, such great games!

Well seeing as I'm playing THUG2 right now on my Cube, I don't see this as so much of a goodbye... but still, best moments?

The first map in Resident Evil 4, where you basically realised what an absolutely beautiful game it was.

Finally beating Splinter Cell and deleting that piece of crap for good.

Earning every character trophee on Super Smash Bros.

Star Wars: Rogue Leager, 2nd-to-last map, when you're dogfighting roughly 200 X-wings at any one time. The beauty, the gameplay, the graphical power... all just amazing.

The upgraded clipscenes in Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes.

That's all for now.

1. Metroid Prime 1 and 2

that game made me feel like i was in the game itself, when you first go to tallon overworld, when it was raining, drops of rain were on the screen and more came on it when you looked up in the sky, when you were in the heat the screen usally foged up, and last would have to be some of the best bost battles ever.

2. Resident Evil 4

this game was the best survival horror ever, the only downfall to the game was that you never really wanted it to finish, a surpurb game by Shinji Mikami and hope that he keeps on making great games for Nintendo.

Other games i really loved were

Legend of zelda: WW

Donkey Konga

Paper Mario 2

Tales of Symphonia

Star Wars: Rogue Leader

Super Smash Bros Melee

Soul calibur 2

Thats all until the first quater of next year. (you know what i am talking about.)

A few more:

The tank boss in MGS, for some reason was the longest boss battle ever for me but loved every second of it

Eternal Darkness, the gruesome end to Chapter 7 was another jaw dropper

And paying $10 bucks for Beach Spikers and having hours and hours of drunken multiplayer

Wind Waker for me too. The sheer delight of seeing a cartoon Link inhabit an incredibly expressive cartoon world. Those baddies with the lamps completely sold me! Anyone who doesn't like it is dead inside.

F-Zero GX though, is probably the game that completely cemented the Cube as my system of choice. I wasn't fully convinced of the console's power 'til then. It still betters other racers on other systems even now. They'll never top it...

SSBM - Beating Event 51 \o/

TWW - Beating the boss of Tower of Gods and then pulling out the Master Sword

Metroid Prime - Beating some cool bosses like Omega Pirate and Meta Ridley :cool:

One thing that sticks out for me in the 'Cubes lifetime, was the day I bought Super Mario Sunsine. I remember it well October 4th (my best friends birthday), me and my brother went to town just to get it. Previously I hadn't purchased any games for the 'Cube because its my brothers (I've comandeered it now). I was blown away, having been huge Mario fan since the Snes but I somehow missed the N64, it was like returning to something special. Great game regardless of what some think.

There's quite a selection of quality games on the cube, but my memory would be when we imported Animal Crossing a year ago,.

I never knew how much fun and addictive, talking to animals and doing chores will be!

I think in terms of worth, gamecube wins hands down for me, and its still in use heavily even though i haven't bought a game since Resident Evil 4. And thats a given for a great gaming moment the minute it loads up and you get control of leon, the fact me and my mates played it for 10 hours straight, knowing we had no memory card just goes to show it. Other games that i feel deserve a tribute are Tales of Symphonia, i mean it was my fav RPG this generation hands down the battle system obliterates anything i've previously seen, as it truly is more than button bashing. Other games include Naruto 3 i mean we played this for like 8 hours straight at a party we had just goes to show how much fun it truly is, and the usual games, by that i mean your Smash Bros., Mario Karts, Timesplitters 3 etc. Well actually just those 3 i think.

I've yet to play Paper Mario but it looks great. But in all honesty those 5 mentioned games are ones i feel stood above all the others for me there's just no disputing it for me.

I agree with some of the stuff above, but a couple of moments:

Super Mario Sunshine - using the jet boost to run around the sea around Delfino Plaza

Starfox Adventures - the beauty of the Snowhorn wastes (especially at night), and the sheer amazing graphical prowess that game had.

Seeing the Air and water effects for the first time in Wind Waker. It's funny, i tried it again the other day and it still amazed me.

Also, the whole of ToS was great, well all i got to play of it. (about halfway through the second disk)

Consoles never 'die'. SNES isn't dead is it? Just because it isn't available to buy say in shops like GAME and HMV anymore, doesn't mean people don't play it anymore. If a console is no longer sold or have upcoming games for it doesn't make it 'dead' because plenty of people will still play on it. Not like thats the situation with GC yet anyway, there is still Fire Emblem, Battallion Wars, Baten Kaitos II and Twilight Princess to come out.

I still play nes so for me GC will never die.And of course it gave me very special moments.

I still remeber the first time I played Zelda:WW. I was astonished with the amazing graphics.I remenber to see the wind make the plants moving...='( and when I fought the first boss, I didn't know how to beat it, so that night I couldn't sleep and I think I have dreamed wiht that boss...LOL

But almost every game I bought made me pass for amazing moments.I just feel magic when I put a new game into my cube....

I got my GC two days after the european release and bought Rogue Leader and THPS3. Together with a mate we tried to beat the first level in Rogue Leader - I was so amazed by the graphics flying through that canyon thing on the Death Star and when Vader said: "The force is strong with this one."

Metroid Prime: The tutorial level on the space station (when you first see Samus jumping from her ship to the station), the fight against Flarangahh (sp?) (the plant that poisioned the water), fighting Ridley and the End when Samus flies off.

Smash Bros so many cool moments fighting friends.

Starfox Adventures: The temple where Krystal is in a crystal, the vortex one of the dinosaurs opens in the sky.

Spider-Man 2: swinging around the city

MK:DD: Beating the very last cup.

Viewtiful Joe: The Intro when six-machine (sp?) comes out of the screen.

Wind Waker: Where Link encounters Ganon for the first time and that Dragon (Valoo) interferes.

When Link gets to Hyrule (that felt so strange - I played OOT a month before TWW and didn't want to leave Hyrule; I had the feeling I belonged there...)

RE4: Where Leon meets Ada and she drops her glasses and you see a countdown in them.

Pikmin: Giving birth to my very first pikmin. The charme! Lookin' in this smallest of creatures' round glazy eyes, impersonating the very definition of loyalty and hard work.

I'm rather surprised in being the first to mention this classic moment in Pikmin-history.

I have long contemplated on having a pikmin tattoo on my chest that says "Leave no Pikmin behind!". But my mommy wouldn't let me. A damn shame.

I have some similar moments as above - the sheer beauty of Metroid and that it ozzed class at evry point in the game.

Playing Rogue Leader for the first time was stunning; the fun and sped of Fzero, the originalty and fun I had (and have) with the Donkey Konga's and Jungle Beat and moany others.

Specific momnets though would have to be:

- When you realise Hyrle is under the water and your in the temple and everyone is frozen - a brilliant plotpoint and sbolutely beautiful

- The retor levels in Mario with that great scratch score and greate gameplay without the waterpak - I could play a whole game of this, these sections outdid Mario 64 for me!

- The track design of Yoshis Circuit and Baby Park Ride (possibly the two greatest tracks in Mario Kart history) - how I timetrialled those two levels for hours and hours!!!

- And a particular mention has to go to Winning ELeven - the game I have put most hours into, play it ALL the time, spent hours and hours changing every player, updating every team and even creating the whole of the premiership, a bit sad, but I love it. Doesnt reach the heights of a lot of games on the cube on a game front, but I must have put hundereds and hundreds of hours into it.

I could go on about moments of cube magic, but this wil do ;)

first time i played wind waker on launch day, just seeing the graphics put the biggest smile on my face and made we know that it was going to be a hell of game and it was

metroid prime defeating metroid prime pumping my fists in the air knowing i just beat one of the best games and boss battles ever.

f-zero gx losing a grand-prix by a nose hair and throwing the controller on the ground in disgust at yourself- looking back a great moment

The Wind Waker rocks... because of the music. It's a cool game, buuut to me music is the most important part of any game and to me tWW has the best music out of anything on the GC.

I was expecting this to be some kind of video, or something.

Hearing the startup melody for the first time.

Beating Ganondorf.

Spending an insane amount of hous at playing ToS.

Drinking and having fun with Mario Party and SSBM with a few friends.

and of course many more moments and even more will come soon with Fire Emblem, Battalion Wars, Strikers, Pokemon and Zelda!

Metroid Prime was simply amazing for the atmosphere. Pure brilliance.

Also F-Zero GX was great, the feeling and how polished that game was was unbelieveable. I even went and bought an extra memory card just for this game.

Finally buying the GameCube on launch day in Europe after waiting soooo long for it to arrive here!

Playing Metroid Prime. It's such a beautiful and atmospheric game. Pure greatness. It has become my favourite game on the system.

Finally getting Mario Sunshine and just running and messing around not doing anything in particular. Just having fun!

Playing Wind Waker for the first time was another great moment. Another beautiful looking game.

I agree with some of the stuff above, but a couple of moments:

Super Mario Sunshine - using the jet boost to run around the sea around Delfino Plaza

Starfox Adventures - the beauty of the Snowhorn wastes (especially at night), and the sheer amazing graphical prowess that game had.

I loved those two games. They are too overlooked in greatness I think.