N-Europe

HMV = the worst f**king retailer in Britain

darthbane2k

There seems to be a thread on this every week...

Nintendo havent confirmed stock allocation yet but they will do so soon. The only company that might know is GAME, and thats only because they control 60% of the market. It is much more likely though that GAME are unsing a drastic underestimate to confirm preorders.

If you dont get a successful preorder theres still Sainsbury's/Tesco/Asda/countless other retailers that dont do preorders.

As for the whole beating on HMV thing, they're prices aint that bad. Some cheap stuff in there at the moment (a lot of decent albums from years ago are only £5-£8).

Charging £17 for old albums was a bit off but not really that suprising. They held a monopoly on anything that couldnt be bought in a supermarket. The only reason they're so cheap now is because the 'net was stealing a lot of their business

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got an email from HMV website saying I won't get mine on launch. Going to see if I can pick one up in store without pre-ordering (not on launch day...), then if I can, cancel from HMV, since it sounds like I might not even get one by Christmas from them.

I got the email a while back confirming that hmv.co.uk would supply me one on launch. They said they would take my money yesterday but have not as far as i can tell. Anyone else?

I'm surprised they intended to take it that early. Usually they don't charge you until it's despatched. Definitely read it right?

Nah, HMV are no way as bad as the evil that is GAME!!!

I'l have you know GAME have confirmed to people if their getting one :heh: they have saved alot of hassle eh?

Also, on a further note, GAME have only confirmed the first 10-15 people I believe, as there is small print staying Units stocked may change, hinting towards NOE still not having a definite ammount of units yet.

Its not the retailers, its Nintendo.

Want my advice? Cancel and Pre-order at Argos if you're so agitated. They told me they still guarantee launch delivery on the phone today, and that way you have safe bet! Plus when you buy a Wii with a Wii game, the game only costs £29.99!

Just done that :cool:

BIG NEWS HERE!!!!

Was at work today at HMV, and as luck would have it one of the top bods from our central warehouse came in shopping, he said we are going to get 8000 Wii's (im not sure if it was at launch, or in the launch window), so this roughly works out at 30-40 per shop. However I expect Oxford Circus and Oxford Street to get more, and then the store I work at had 50 preorders so far and are 3rd in the company for games sales, and we expect to get ours for launch day.

So if you ordered early you should be ok.

Please note this does not count online, thats 8000 to the central warehouse for stores, the online service have their own warehouse in guernsey.

i pre orderd my wii in HMV ( n.ireland ) on the 20th of OCT.

i was 14th on the list.

so ill get one on launch? its all payed for also.

hmmm would have thought so, but like i said stores allocations could change depending on preorders, found out at work today that more info will be with us soon, as soon as i find out ill let you all know.

Gamestation seem to be certain they will fill pre-orders....walking past the shop I ordered mine from have stuck a A4 sized notice in the window saying a pre-order now will guarantee Wii at launch. I'm certain they will have 50+ spoken for by now. (They were up to 46 on the list a few weeks ago when I enquired on behalf of my g/f)

Gamestation seem to be certain they will fill pre-orders....walking past the shop I ordered mine from have stuck a A4 sized notice in the window saying a pre-order now will guarantee Wii at launch. I'm certain they will have 50+ spoken for by now. (They were up to 46 on the list a few weeks ago when I enquired on behalf of my g/f)

Yeah i noticed that too, guess theyre getting a lot more Wiis than they thought. Was only a few weeks ago when the guy in there was telling people they'd taken double the preorders they should have...

These bastards continue to infurate me.

ALL WHO HAVE PRE-ORDERED AT A HMV STORE, BEWARE!

I SAID

BEWARE!!!

1) An HMV employee at the Oxford St store telephone line said that their computers have no record of the ORDER of pre orders, its not first come first served. There have been 279 pre orders at this store (and they continue to accept pre orders!) they do NOT know what they have been allocated and as there is no record of the order of pre-orders, they will require pre-order customers to queue for their console on launch day. i.e, if you pre ordered first, yet show up late on 8th december, you may not get a Wii.

2) A HMV customer services staff member told a diffent story.

HMV refuse to reveal allocations at this stage

HMV continue to accept pre orders

HMV know the order of pre-order customers (1st come 1st served) but REFUSE to disclose infomation to the customer about where they are in the queue, because they consider it "irrelevant"

I MADE A GRAVE MISTAKE PRE ORDERING WITH HMV.

Negative grapevine? What's that David Brent?

Grapevine is a business term for unofficial word of mouth, attach negative to it and you have verbal communication via human mouths that is bad. So in this case it would involve Darth doing what hes doing now going to every single possible forum he can go to and complaining about HMVs business practices, making a video and posting on Youtube like some people are doing, talking to family/friends about it, telling random people on the streets and shouting them lunch, even getting random women and maybe men and give them sexual favours in exchange for listening to his story to STAND UP TO THE EVILS OF A PARTICULAR SEGMENT OF THE CORPORATE WORLD.

Grapevine is a business term for unofficial word of mouth, attach negative to it and you have verbal communication via human mouths that is bad. So in this case it would involve Darth doing what hes doing now going to every single possible forum he can go to and complaining about HMVs business practices, making a video and posting on Youtube like some people are doing, talking to family/friends about it, telling random people on the streets and shouting them lunch, even getting random women and maybe men and give them sexual favours in exchange for listening to his story to STAND UP TO THE EVILS OF A PARTICULAR SEGMENT OF THE CORPORATE WORLD.

Oh brother...

I have a RIGHT to be angry - HMV are making a total mess out of this Wii launch before its even happened. Any reasonable person would agree with me.

Furthermore, other people who have preordered with HMV deserve to know that

1) HMV claim to have no idea about stock allocation

2) HMV are refusing to verify the order of customers who made preorders

All in all, if you really wanted a Wii at launch and pre-ordered with HMV, you should be very very concerned.

I think I can understand the frustration.

Nintendo tightly controlling the supply is one thing, HMV blindly taking preorders at £30 is something else. The likes of Amazon and GAME are managing this much better in a way that is more considerate to their customers. My local GAME store turned away my friend the other day saying GAME couldn't guarantee him a unit.

I don't think HMV is alone in it though, and wii alone will not make HMV a bad store either because it has other positives, but nontheless darth's criticism of HMV is perfectly understandable and rational (OTT the phraseology may be).

There is a possible scenario that those who shop at a highstreet on the 8th get Wii before those who pre-ordered at a dodgy outlet.