N-Europe

Jacko is once again the wacko!

Fierce_LiNk

Long story cut short: Michael Jackson was 'supposed' to be playing Thriller at the World Music Awards. Tickets for the show cost up to 100 quid.

Apparantly, he only sang a few lines of We Are The World before leaving the stage. As you can guess, fans were outraged, especially as some were regarding it as his comeback.

Article is here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6155968.stm

What do you guys think? Have they got a right to be pissed off?

To be fair, Jackson hasn't performed for a few years, and in that time had went through a highly publicised trial, which couldn't have been good for him.

Anyways, Although I think Michael is innocent, most people don't, so, in my opinion, he should really do an O.J. Simpson and keep a low profile...

...which leads nicely onto another contraversial story from this week.

He's written some tunes but should really fade out of performing. It's tough to say that because performing is his livelihood.

It's akin to saying an old person can't go fishing.

However I think someone at the gig turned off his mic because of the child case.. just for a laugh.

I really doubt he would walk off a performance without reason.. he's been doing it since a kid and it's just not a done thing unless you get something chucked at you/other similar situation.

Freaks with their mobile phones.. why not enjoy the performance because nobody will care once you show them the quality. Me included.

Platty that's what I heard too. But there is apparently room to be flexible and they could have extended the performance but someone chose not to/deliberately turned it off.

hahaaha

people still pay to see him...Just buy the cds and face the truth- he's way past his prime, barely looks human and is clearly insane.

I agree, aknowledge how great he was. I doubt what he has become is capable of a comeback. Doing things like this is adding insult to injury to those who still believe he still has something to offer. It's a shame, but the guy is a now a freak, his fans should realise that.

he was brilliant once but now as much as i love him want him to fade away and leave.doa chat show or something if u need money.Just don't try music again.his last album sucked

but then think about it. If he heard loads of negative feedback about his last album hed want to put them wrong. Id hate to have a great career and then have it criticised by my last album. I say go out with something to show for yourself before you quit.

Can't be bothered to read it but i heard on Xfm that it got to 11pm and earls court cut the power or something... due to licencing or a noise curfew??

Or is that just all wrong?

They added that Jackson's performance had been cut short because the ceremony over-ran, breaking a noise curfew at the venue.

"I was standing watching Jackson perform... and suddenly he stopped," said Julius Just, head of Public Relations for the awards.

"They cut the sound on one of the greatest living artists in the world.

The message I have entered is not too short.

According to that BBC link it doesn't sound like it was all Mikey's fault.

I concur. The facts indicate that it was something to do with noice and its lisencing issues after 11pm at the venue. MJ could do nothing about that.

The reaction of the fans, according to the article, was mixed. Maybe this thread misrepresented the context a little? Not sure though. Personally, I want to know in what way the "promisse" of performance was made. Was it really a concrete promisse? Or a few words here and there which evolved into a rumour?